Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Emmmmm... Sorry but am i only who didn't like explosion effect???? It looks strange. I mean there was light from igni sign, but when explosion happened there was not any light from fire. Just texture. I hope they will fix this. We already saw the light from explosion in January footage and in last trailer on the mountain scene.

I thought it was a joke. I mean that music + explosions and I felt like I was watching Michael Bay movie lol.

Yeah that video was rough. I would have rather just heard the game play. And the messing with the video to match the music was annoying at best. CDPR would have been better off to just release this stuff itself to ensure it's done right. The game in its pure form gives a much better impression than what IGN did to it in teh video. The article itself however was very promising.

Reds.. please tell me there is another way to cycle through the signs without bringing up that freaking wheel every time I'm in combat???
Tap Left bumper maybe to cycle and show little sign icons next to Geralts healthbar, then hold down left bumper for the wheel to pop up?
I saw in that first twitch video for xb1 way back when, the player was going through the signs with out bringing up the wheel at all.
I never ever liked the sign wheel getting in my way during TW2 combat, this might be my only worry now. There has to be a faster and better way then just the sign wheel taking over the screen. It's not that I'll never use it, but if I have to use it in almost every fight, that will break combat flow like it did in TW2 and become very annyoing over time.
The rest of this game looks like great fun! :)

Last edited:
The music and the zooming in/out is so horrible in that IGN video. I could just watch it for a few seconds. :rebel:
that's what I'm talking about, but is that option still in the game now? That's what I want to know, because I would much rather cycle through 5 signs with some bumper taps.
But even then, it becomes a waiting game. e.g I'm in combat I block, then click bumper nope not that one keep fighting and rolling nope not that one.
So the sign wheel is more straight forward and easy, I guess but ugh.. lol I just don't know anymore and won't know if it feels right and fun, until I play it myself.
The waiting for this game is the hardest part man
;)

the video is barely watchable. the quality(even in 1080p), the music, the zooming, the cuts, the slow-motion. There is basically everything wrong with this video.
But to be fair, it's IGN. I was surprised they didn't mess up the "15min of the prologue" video last week.
Btw, where does the explosion at 00.13 come from?

When IGN made this video they thought:
"Oh men we will blow the internet. What a cool video we made. This music. OO yeeaaa.Zoom is just what we need."
And then pfffffff.

---------- Updated at 05:03 PM ----------

Btw, where does the explosion at 00.13 come from?

Good question. There must be gas how it was in 35 min demo. But in 35 min demo was visible green gas, but here i can't see anything.

When IGN made this video they thought:
"Oh men we will blow the internet. What a cool video we made. This music. OO yeeaaa.Zoom is just what we need."
And then pfffffff.

---------- Updated at 05:03 PM ----------

Good question. There must be gas how it was in 35 min demo. But in 35 min demo was visible green gas, but here i can't see anything.

The gas caused by a bomb.

Music was painful.

Anyway, nice to see the Signs are much more effective now and are actually appealing for their own sake (the changes to Axii and Yrden specifically are great). There's something very satisfying with the visual upgrades you see in your magic when you level up your Signs, and it makes me wonder about swordsmanship - are there special moves you can unlock? New animations? New attacks? Limiting the swordsmanship to just light\heavy attack with mostly passive upgrades to it, or better dodges, isn't attractive. I really hope that there are many more active attack options this time around that you can unlock which aren't contextual. What I mean by that is unlocking something you can use against everything, whereas unlocking an ability to disarm a shield is very specific in its uses.

Woah, that's cruel! Reminds me of these good ol' "I'm the coolest PvP-Player of all times"-MMO videos that started with WoW ten years ago. Zooming in on those instant Pyroblast oneshots! :D

Music was painful.

Anyway, nice to see the Signs are much more effective now and are actually appealing for their own sake (the changes to Axii and Yrden specifically are great). There's something very satisfying with the visual upgrades you see in your magic when you level up your Signs, and it makes me wonder about swordsmanship - are there special moves you can unlock? New animations? New attacks? Limiting the swordsmanship to just light\heavy attack with mostly passive upgrades to it, or better dodges, isn't attractive. I really hope that there are many more active attack options this time around that you can unlock which aren't contextual. What I mean by that is unlocking something you can use against everything, whereas unlocking an ability to disarm a shield is very specific in its uses.

I think it was confirmed that deflecting arrows was a swordsman talent. Also in the Official Gameplay video tthey showed off a shoulder tackle which may be as well.

IGN does it again. Looking at that video I would not be at all surprised if someone told me they made this (If I didn't know it wasn't them)

IGN: 7.5/10 ''Too much water, not enough dubstep''

Otherwise, the video itself was sweet. Aside from the terrible zooming in.

Top Bottom