Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Everyone views spoilers different. To some, learning the workings of the systems spoils their fun at learning it for themselves. for some any reveal of any story element no matter how major or minor is a spoiler.

IGN (and any magazine or website) wants you to read their articles or buy their magazines. As such, they write articles that potentially reveal details some people don't yet know. They know better than to spoil big things (as this annoys both readers and the studios) but they do want to give readers new info to encourage them to read more in the future or share the article with friends. There is responsibility by both the magazine/website AND the reader when it comes to spoilers.

As such, SidSpyker has added a big red WARNING to the news article post. Sorry to those who feel they have been spoiled. Hopefully the next bit of info released won't spoil things for you.

I'm not a fan of IGN, but I don't see anything wrong with this article. I read and I'm not bothered. Just like I read the previews in January which described what happened in a quest with a blacksmith, up till the end.

Maybe they could put a clearer warning in their writing instead of integrating it into other matters, but I still don't think there's something bad with what they did. As I said, I read it and I'm unfazed. Just one small quest out of many, and if anything reading it got me more excited because I know that side quests can be awesome - and it is a side quest, if I understand correctly from Chris.

Have to say that the dodges and pirouettes look just fantastic. When a monster attacks and Geralt gracefully slides away it seems so natural and well made.
Yeah, I enjoyed his dodging. The player played nicely this time around. Still hoping to see more elaborate moves, if they're there.

Otherwise...mob pathfinding and attack patterns seems quite repetitive...Rotfiends and Drowners have the same attack.
I'm alright with that. In a game with over 80 monsters there are bound to be some who are just regular. In contrast to them the water hag has a nice variety of attacks and moves like their whip, shit slinging and disappearing into the water. The wyvern can decide to suddenly fly away, the ekhidnas can lunge into the water. The wolves can just bite me.

as much as i liked the new trailer , the scene with the unicorn and many other scenes were a to big spoiler for me so i decided to not look any other trailers or videos

It may look like a side quest because it doen't involve the Wild Hunt or the child of prophecy but some stand-alone character. Nevertheless from waht I understant you have to achieve this quest in order to progress into the story, much like the griffon quest at the end of the prologue section, those quest are tied into the main stroyline because you can't finish the game without finishing them. So for me it fit the description of a main quest.

Also gamestar talked about this quest in their big preview without any spoiler and for the gamestar journalist it was one of the best quests he had ever encounter in a RPG so I would have prefer to discover the mistery by myself.:)

I thought the article was going to talk about the footage and the tactics he used about some common monsters not describing the ins and outs of such an important quest without any spoiler alert.

Yeah, that's why I was annoyed to get spoiled about the quest. The gamestar journlaist wrote that it was the best quest (not only one of the best) he has ever experienced in a rpg and he said on the latest trailer analysis a few days ago, that he cried after finishing this quest.
Didn't really expect to read anything about the quest on an article about monster hunting.

I only say that I agree with the writer, even if I've not played any second of the game:

There's so many diverse creatures in Wild Hunt – they populate the land, the air, and the seas. There are ghouls, vicious insects, giant crab-like critters, and swamp hags. There's classical mythology, Eastern European legend, and more esoteric choices, too. It's clear that even though The Witcher focusses on a man who makes a living from killing monsters, it's made by people who are love with them

And that is what really gives me the information I want from TW3: its astonishing world

as much as i liked the new trailer , the scene with the unicorn and many other scenes were a to big spoiler for me so i decided to not look any other trailers or videos

Didn't see any spoiler, not so many for 1 years. We know that Yenefer is the game game, so obviously theire will be sex with her, in books they fuck every time they meet.

And the gamestar writer only play... how many side quests among the whole game?... I guess, I'm sure the following quests will be as the same level of this one. I doubt that CDPR devs put the best sidequest in the first hours of the game ;)

C'mon, you aren't thrilling about this article, are you?

Last edited:
The gamestar journlaist wrote that it was the best quest (not only one of the best) he has ever experienced in a rpg and he said on the latest trailer analysis a few days ago, that he cried after finishing this quest.

Well, damn...

No pressure TW3, no pressure at all.

i can understand that they have to promote their game and i know it was my own fault but it was a glimpse of playthrough by watching the trailer
the good thing is you don't know when the scenes appear in the game, always a bad and a good side but what if yennefer gets caught by the nilfgaards and you know the end up on a unicorn, then there is no tension anymore

i can understand that they have to promote their game and i know it was my own fault but it was a glimpse of playthrough by watching the trailer
the good thing is you don't know when the scenes appear in the game, always a bad and a good side but what if yennefer gets caught by the nilfgaards and you know the end up on a unicorn, then there is no tension anymore

But you don't. That's the cool thing about well made trailers, you don't get any chronology out of it, it's just cool looking pieces in a random order. Anyway, with your definition of spoilers, I advise you stay away from any info on TW3:p But I guess it's what Chris has said. Everyone feels different about what's spoilery...

But you don't. That's the cool thing about well made trailers, you don't get any chronology out of it, it's just cool looking pieces in a random order. Anyway, with your definition of spoilers, I advise you stay away from any info on TW3:p But I guess it's what Chris has said. Everyone feels different about what's spoilery...
yeah that's right you can flip that either way. it would be cool if you can choose to let yen or triss die but i am no fan of this

yeah that's right you can flip that either way. it would be cool if you can choose to let yen or triss die but i am no fan of this

I am quite sure there will be an option for Triss to die, Yen to die, Ciri to die, Geralt to die, combinations of people, None (Not too sure about this one) etc/

Pity there is no Christopher Odd on that list but i really appreciate that you invited Gopher.

Yeah a shame, I really like his LPs and his investment in The World of the Witcher. Think he called TW2 one of the best games he ever played in his life.

But AngryJoe and Dodger will be there, so we'll definitely be hearing something interesting on the AngryJoeShow, Dodgers Channel AND the Cooptional Podcast.

Guys, I translated the following news on a Brazilian big gaming news website: http://www.baixakijogos.com.br/noti...f-the-year-conhecido-the-witcher-3_808420.htm

They played the game yesterday and are calling it a big candidate for GOTY

We played three hours of The Witcher 3, a great candidate for Game of the Year

By Bruno Micali

Already said that 2015 would be a milestone for the video game industry, with the arrival of bombastic games - many of them scheduled for 2014 and postponed - that marked the transition between generations. With more postponements of new titles, this time to 2016, it may be that this year is not as "stuffed" as everyone thought, but there is room for a range of unforgettable works. And The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt leads this list, with slack, here.

In a top event held on Tuesday in Sao Paulo, CD Projekt Red shows that not only has a great experience in hands as also believes absolutely in the Brazilian market, with a heavy investment in marketing, the location for the game Portuguese, events and more.

BJ (translator note: Baixaki Jogos) was present at the time and could play in the PS4, three hours of an RPG that is credible in all that was shown here. No downgrades, no issues related to resolution or something: take your calendar, circle the 19th of May and on all your tasks there - including the love life - because you will enter a little world that has hundreds of hours of adventure awaiting you.

The concern to reach a larger audience

Several members of the pantheon of CD Projekt Red attended the event, directly from Poland. Pawel Panasiuk, which is Event Manager, Alex Boiret, responsible for the game localization work, and the Portuguese José Teixeira, Senior VFX Designer, answered a series of questions from the press and showed raving about the arrival of the game in the country . You could feel it when talking to any of them. Silvio Martins, head of marketing and public relations manager of the company for Latin America, is also optimistic about one of the biggest releases of the year.

The three hours we played absolutely correspond to everything that fans await: a dense, typically American RPG, with an efficient dialogue system, an exemplary fighting, drinking from fountain of good old hack'n'slash mixed with a pinch cadenced from the Souls franchise, and powers of choice, which define different ways for Geralt of Rivia - more ham than ever thanks to the excellent dubbing of Sergio Moreno, veteran on the market (the guy has dubbed Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington and other actors).

The whole assembly of the event, all the worry in comfortably accommodate the press and the entire staff of excitement shows a work full of good energy and confidence in the Brazilian market - after all, who expected a game of the magnitude of The Witcher 3, with a multitude of texts and hundreds of speeches, would be located in our language in its entirety?

Yes, the CD Projekt Red is pinning its hopes in the country and believes in our market. This is not an "option"; it is a reality. "It's not something we decided the overnight. It is a market study, is something we observe a long time, since Brazil is on the map. We have the United States, Japan, Germany, Poland ... What else? In São Paulo we have 12 million people. There is whole countries with numbers fewer than that. It makes sense to launch [games] here, the Brazilian player is excited, enjoys a lot, "said Silvio Martins to BJ.

Unforgettable three hours. Never played The Witcher? Do not worry

First of all, be aware that there are SPOILERS below, because we deal directly experience with the game and try to describe some points in great detail, including the story.

The game begins with a dream of Geralt, and there is born the concern of Projekt Red CD contextualize the sailor player first voyage to the world of The Witcher. The dream acts as a sort of flashback and shows Geraltinteracting with a child, Ciri, secondary character who becomes playable in a particular part of the story.

The Witcher practice some fighting techniques with the girl , jumps, rolls, dodges, uses spells and perform other stunts inserting the player in the game commands. Just like the first two, there is some complexity in mastering the bow of spells, the alchemy system, creating potions etc., but the learning curve of The Witcher 3 is infinitely superior and absolutely intuitive.

But that does not mean the game "gives helping hand" to players who are more hardcore. It is possible, for example, to skip the initial tutorials and remove all elements of the player interface. Everything, every little thing, including map with indicators, energy bar and even the goals. There is an option especially for this in the menu. The screen stays clean, only the Witcher, the setting, the other characters and the lines of subtitles. That is, the difficulty is there for those who are masochist - or is deemed more "old-school".

Slapstick rampant in search of the girl

-Translator note- BE CAREFUL HERE
After waking from the dream, which is nothing more than a tutorial, Geralt feel Ciri is in danger and decides to go in search of the girl. This is because the dream ends with the Witcher seeing the body of the character. Upon awakening scared and with its fully recovered memory, the protagonist begins a journey in search of adeadly force known as Wild Hunt, which illustrates the game's subtitle (Wild Hunt). It all starts in the search for Ciri.

END OF DANGER

He wakes up in a swamp at dawn, and some creatures give 'good morning' to you. At this point, the player theoretically know how to use combat system. Basically there are four buttons right quadrant commands: simple attack, strong attack, defense and avoidance. Do not kid yourself into thinking that the game is easy: we played on Easy, and even then, the struggles offer challenge. You need to study the movement of enemies and attack patiently - about the same as you do in Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne there.

The combat is much faster than in the second game. For comparison purposes, we will use The Witcher 2, which is as close as possible of developments that The Witcher 3 shows. Less rhythmic and more hack'n'slash, the scheme fits well with the hands of any player who still has a range of spells available.

As the second game, the spells are categorized in a wheel activated with the L1 / LB and can cast fire upon the enemy, immobilize them temporarily slow down your movements and even influence your thoughts - providential technical dialogues, for example.

The booklet of the American RPG and copy dubbing in Brazilian Portuguese

After tearing creatures in brutal and bloody fighting, Geralt is in a village and starts asking the whereabouts of the girl.Heere comes the exploitation factor: each building, each hut, each cottage can be exploited by the wizard, who scours vessels, cabinets and other objects to collect items. Yes, the looting is almost "infinite".

Almost all the NPCs can be addressed. All in Portuguese, all voiced and all splendid, an exemplary location. The voice of Geralt looks like a "copy" of the English version: hoarse, serious and indifferent, characteristics that reflect very well the coldness of the Witcher. In fact, it is a pleasant symphony to the ears. Worth playing in Portuguese that's why.Head to head with the voice in English - or even better.

The dialogue system by the book of the American RPG, leaving the answers player's choice. Each answer forks different developments, which can start a new quest or give new directions to the wizard. The Witcher 3, amazingly, has 36 different endings!

Good old "bar fight", a very coveted Griffin and a huge open world

Nothing like some rough-looking subject, a bar falling apart and ham Witcher to illustrate the perfect environment to a bar fight. Of course when Geralt enters a tavern, he is seen crooked eyes, and some drunks decide to mess with him. Needless to say how this ends, right? It's up to you to decide whether to enter the provocation or act coldly and ignore the insults.

After a pleasant coming and going dazzling a vast open world - that gets to have empty stretches of course, perhaps due to the immensity of the map - Geralt reaches Nilfgaard Camp and there, talk with a very pampered king. The king says that he will only help the Witcher with the information he needs if the protagonist brings the head of a griffin.

During the way to the creature, many NPCs appear with several problems. A shopkeeper, for example, had his carriage overturned by monsters and asks for help Geralt. Each quest usually has a reward - but that's not a rule. Sometimes, goes out of his personal feeling to help someone for free or not.

I just ... did not have time to get to the Griffin! After two hours of play, Pawel Panasiuk, Event Manager of CD Projekt Red, asked if I wanted to jump to a more advanced stretch of the plot, with a more powerful Geralt - level 15 - and a long-term quest. This mission forked in two different endings, each with consequences that directly affect the overall plot of the game. In it, the enemies, as "bears humans," proved challenging, even with the game set on Easy.

Want difficulty? Take it

In fact, the game has four difficulty modes: Easy, Normal, Hard and Insane. The own team recommended that we played in easier difficulty because the game is difficult. Recommendation accepted and then, yes, as mentioned in this regard, The Witcher 3 is difficult, especially in combat. No patience is not going anywhere, and each requires different enemy dodges, defenses and reflexes. Attack at random results in instant death.

The Dark mode promises to be a kind of "Insane Mode" and will bring permanent death, about the same as in the worst way of Diablo 3 and the DLC Escape from the Prison Durgesh, Far Cry 4. This only reinforces the character "universal" that CD Projekt Red want to print in the game, which has the clear purpose to please Greeks and Trojans.

Countdown: May 19th!

The hype is our pastor and nothing fail us. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on May 19 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC - all in Portuguese and entitled to monstrous collector's editions, which officially come to Brazil.

Top Bottom