Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
@Scholdarr.452 Well Assassin's Creed is supposed to be "realistic" as it's based on a real city with historical references. We couldn't have a mutant moster slayer running in the streets of paris could we? :D

Also, love the slow motion kills in that video

@Scholdarr.452 Well Assassin's Creed is supposed to be "realistic" as it's based on a real city with historical references. We couldn't have a mutant moster slayer running in the streets of paris could we? :D

Also, love the slow motion kills in that video

Yeah, but I was only talking about combat animations and executions, not about the whole premise of the game. I think in terms of combat animations AC is far ahead of anyone else in the business, TW3 and Batman included. These animations are just a joy to watch and experience, at least for me. They are hugely satisfactory without breaking immersion and without using real over-the-top effects...

And besides that, AC and TW aren't that different in terms of overall realism. In Witcher there is just some stuff on top of a realistic world.

It looks nice in canned animations, but its also insanely shallow has some of the most brain dead AI in a game of its type. Its like they took the Arkham system and stripped out everything that makes it interesting.
Arkham isn't a bit more interesting in combat imho, but that's just me. Anyway, the point was about combat animations and executions and not about whether you like the gameplay or not. I think we can agree on that executions won't change the combat in TW3 anyway... ;)

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 79
The problem with assassins creed is that its combat mechanics are so shallow that you can only feel it up to your ankles with its perpetual counter moves that end up feeling more like QTEs. Even Witcher 1 was deeper than that.

But enough about asscreed, back to witcher.
I really like that a leveled up Geralt feels distinctly different from an unleveled Geralt, makes the level progression more organic

I'm talking about the combat animations, you know just like you have been with AC. If you compare all previous combat vids with the new one, theres several new animations in leveled Geralts repertoire and im not talking about the finishers.

@Scholdarr.452 As a huge Assassin's Creed fan (before Unity at least... *sigh*) I must say one thing on the subject: Stabbing a guy 20 times at critical areas before the killing animation kicks in is not very "realistic" ;) The animations themselves are though, I won't argue with that.

Also I'm guessing @deep-kind was talking about the actual IGN article, and the several different moves from the previous videos.

Edit: Whoops ninja'd :)

I know, I just think "feel" is the different word. You cannot feel something in a game without having played it for yourself. At this moment we can only assume certain things by watching videos... ;)

About the stabbing: true, but not avoidable in video games usually. Of course it would be perfectly realistic if one blow would be enough to kill somebody. But that would be boring as well. I think Arma is pretty much the only game with such a philosophy. But I don't know a single sword fighting or slasher game that would do the same. So the combat itself is always unrealistic in some way, just because it lacks the "sense of death" and just becuase it's nothing more than a virtual illusion. Nevertheless combat animations and executions look and FEEL realsitic in AC, at least more much than in other comparable games imho. ;)

Well, an Assassin must be discreet and invisible, doesn't? Geralt is everything except discreet when he kills.

I don't give a shit, Faith No More starts in about 3 hours!
I'm buzz'd ALL The Hail Geralt of Riv... It's On, I can't wait for this amazing game, gods bless the mods and fans a like, and everyone soon to play this game, it's more than just a video game.
You'll see lol... ;)

Last edited:
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/3107.html

Developer CD Projekt Red confirmed to Gamespot that all digital copies of The Witcher 3 will unlock at 1 a.m. CET on May 19. This means Witcher 3: WIld Hunt will be available 7:00 p.m. on 5/18/2015 on the east coast of the United States (which is 1:00 a.m. CET). I guess I will be going dark a day earlier now ...

Edited: Here is the Gamespot article.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/here-s-exactly-when-the-witcher-3-xbox-one-ps4-pc-/1100-6426702/
I hope they dont keep us in the dark regarding pc too long....(about the early release for pre oders on pc)... ps4 and xbox preoders apparently can play the game on 18th may ... no word about pc yet.. I have preordered on gog ...also preordered the ce,... it would be dissapointing to see console get a release ahead of pc .. even though gog users support cdpr directly through their site...

Edit : nvm I read that wrong :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom