“RAGE & STEEL” - new brutal trailer - is now LIVE!

+
Its not a masterpiece, but it's still good. The most important, it was done in the current build. Kappa

Last edited:
This is that kind of trailer you advertise with to IGN audience:troll:

Well, that would be the biggest gaming website in the world, so thats not such a bad thing.

That said, I enjoyed the trailer. The monster designs and music were particularly great.

Not a bad trailer, I didn't crap my pants because quick cut trailers tend to just give me a headache. Not sure if its a bug, but at 1.01 the harpies neck looks really long.

Nope. The head and neck are where you'd expect, but it does have something in it's hand, which looks a bit like a carried head...
It is "running" with one leg forward, one arm down and one forward, the head near the shoulder where it should be and some round object in the forward arm.

Last edited:
I was reading the comments expecting something kind of bad, but this trailer is pretty good!

You just have to understand it for what it is, The scenes are well made and "filmed", and the music fits and it doesnt bother that much all the time, giving the sounds precedence.

Its probably not for the people of these forum, but those who enjoy the gratuitous violence of those action-based trailers of pretty much every single videogame of the past decade, should enjoy watching it.

Good thing that its all gore and stuff that "made sense" at least, none of those Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider scenes that are specifically made to be over the top.

Well, off to keep waiting TW2-like story trailers...

I thought that was a shoulder augmentation on the first picture, but it seems to be part of a set since it matches the scabbard.

Attachments

• Duskfight.jpg
    Duskfight.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Scab.jpg
    Scab.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 43
Cool , I like it. Especially the music.
Reminded me of:
[video=youtube;7ejsM0VF-Os]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ejsM0VF-Os[/video]

The Ciri part was awsome. Gives me hope she wont end up as a damsel in distress or something.

I really enjoyed the trailer. I love the RPG aspect of the game and I can't wait to experience the story, quests e dialogs, but I'm really excited for the combat. The more I see it, the more I want to play it.

Great trailer! I loved the variety of monsters, most of them are just awesome. Love Ciri's special powers, interesting, how these will work in a gameplay.

Didn't like it very much. Catered towards certain audience, that only looks forward to gore, badassery and tits in Witcher series. And it's nothing wrong with catering towards audiences, but you can do way better job at it. Especially with the choice of music. Good example of a well done "epic" trailer was Disdain and Fear trailer from Witcher 2.

Spot the differences
:huh:

The Ciri part was awsome. Gives me hope she wont end up as a damsel in distress or something.

She is a skilled sword fighter and of course she has her powers, so I doubt she can be called a defenseless damsel.

Watching the uncompressed version I thought that the Ciri part was in the valley of Kaer Morhen.

She is a skilled sword fighter and of course she has her powers, so I doubt she can be called a defenseless damsel.

I know that, I haven't read all the books but it seems she always being chased by someone, I just hope she is written well,and it`s not all about Geralt rescuing her, and we get to see her be powerful in her own right.

I know that, I haven't read all the books but it seems she always being chased by someone, I just hope she is written well,and it`s not all about Geralt rescuing her, and we get to see her be powerful in her own right.

Implying "damsel in distress" trope is bad all the time. It's overused, yes. But not inherently bad as a writing tool.

Geralt searches for her, because she is in danger and she is his 'destiny' and treats her like daughter. Every parent (biological or not) will do everything to help and save their child.

I just hope she is written well [...] and we get to see her be powerful in her own right.

She is very powerful, but if she wasn't, would that make her a badly written character? Weak character equals badly written now? I don't get that Anita trend.

Anyway, I'm sure she will be well written (better, than in books :^) ) and certainly not weak.

I like the trailer. It's exactly like the title says. The music and camerawork were pretty great in showing the action, which is certainly one of the important aspects of the game. There's also a nice monster and gear variety shown.

Not every trailer should be about story.

Something's wrong with me, I've managed to watch through this with a poker face. Are we getting too much footage now...?
:huh:
That is exactly how I feel. I just want a launch trailer with a focus on the story and some Wild Hunt goodies...And the game to finally come out.

That is exactly how I feel. I just want a launch trailer with a focus on the story and some Wild Hunt goodies...And the game to finally come out.

I disagree. No more story spoilers please. We already have a general idea of the story. I am not strong enough to resist. Please do not create the temptation CDPR.

Top Bottom