Witcher 3 leaked in United Arab Emirates??

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without reading 18+ pages worth of this thread - why wouldn't a simple date lock be put into place on these console retail copies?
How difficult is it to have a day 1 patch that unlocks the game for play?

because they are console versions with no internet connection required to play...

Without reading 18+ pages worth of this thread - why wouldn't a simple date lock be put into place on these console retail copies?
How difficult is it to have a day 1 patch that unlocks the game for play?
I guess you weren't here when CDPR were getting hammered by a few users for requiring the unlock patch on retail PC copies.

what you said is true. however, this can still limit the usage/sellings of the game before the release. furthermore, most people who can afford consoles there tend to afford having an internet connection, at least from what i've saw. also, it's completely possible to do it as a sort of a background update (i.e. not noticed by the user) and wouldn't weigh much. and bam ! no TW3 until 19th may and not allow any console user from playing the game before that date.
Obviously these guys have internet because they're streaming it. The question is if their consoles are connected to the PSN/Xbox networks. They could be using a third party capture device

Btw I am throwing money at my screen but this sentence is not disappearing...

because they are console versions with no internet connection required to play...

Indeed... and the next one is down.

Still, the "leak" happened... even if the streaming can be banned, the game is out there... spoilers, videos, etc.

More will just keep popping up ya know. The game is being sold there, in other words anyone can get a copy and stream it or spoil stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom