PC mouse and keyboard controls

+
I like having parrying on the right mouse button but shift + lmb for heavy attack sounds weird to me, so I'm not sure how I'm going to bind the keys

Last edited:
Strong attack requiring two inputs is not good in theory. not for a twitch-based system. Scroll for crossbow can most likely be remapped. I know for myself, I liked having strong and light mapped to left and right mouse buttons.

Same..then block on E, roll space. Z for Yrden, Ctrl for quen, F for Igni, T for Axii

I like having parrying on the right mouse button but shift + lmb for heavy attack sounds weird to me, so I'm not sure how I'm going to bind the keys
To me it seems to work nicely. I'll keep my little finger on the shift, and press it down when I want to make strong attacks. It's actually an unusually smart solution, I think.

I don't know what to do with Strong attack, but i might leave it as is and see how it goes.
I don't know why i was expecting the Strong attack to be 'hold left mouse button' , for me that would be ideal.
Don't have any problems with anything else or rather i don't think i'll change anything else.

I don't know why i was expecting the Strong attack to be 'hold left mouse button' , for me that would be ideal.

I *think* that you can hold down the fast attack button, get a different form of attack, and with strong attack -- hold down, get something slightly different. Much like holding down buttons for Signs? I could be talking out my ass though, but I'm pretty sure that's why they're "seperate" buttons or a button pair or whatever you call them.

I would love to see a Total Biscuit review of W3, in him I trust, but to all Witcher fans, do we really think that CD PR will release a bad game? Not on past form I think. Yeah, there are nuances to be argued, but I'm considering pre-ordering for the first time in all my years of gaming to help support CD PR. Normally I wait for full reviews and sales or special offers. I've been so impressed with the Witcher series content that I'm confident they won't disappoint there, it's just the tech side that may be less than expectations, and maybe some of us have very high expectations. :)

Personally,

I have lost a lot faith in CDPR. Some time back there was a "mysterious" person claiming the game did not exist in the way CDPR presented it. Back then I went to war with anybody who doubted CDPR. After seeing how the game has turned out visually....I no longer doubt this individual was right. Sure the game looks good, but not to the the VGX levels we saw. In fact they should have only improved upon those as they were still using the old renderer and DX9 at the time(Could be wrong, but pretty sure I am correct) Also, they have their Head stuck up MicroSof'ts Behind so far all I can see is CDPR feet. Although, it will not surprise me to see them whoring with Sony next game. I get "partnerships" I run my own business, but I would never turn my back on those that got me through the first 5 years. It was rough. I would have hoped CDPR learned this same lesson, but anymore I am unsure. I will give them Cyber Punk to prove me right or wrong, but as it stands, I expect to enjoy W3, but it could have been so much more for us PC gamers that got CDPR where they are. They only need to look at CRYTECH, to see what happens when you spit on the PC gamers that got you in the game in the first place.

Anyways, after the second delay, I knew CDPR wasn't the golden child any more. The first week cost me cost me a weeks vacation. They promised no more delays"we are not rookies. we know what we need time wise to finish the game" and they may not be rookies, but they played like rookies this inning. So, I trusted them for a second time like an idiot, and lost a second vacation. Never again. I will play w3 when I can, but the excitement has all but left me!!

I *think* that you can hold down the fast attack button, get a different form of attack, and with strong attack -- hold down, get something slightly different. Much like holding down buttons for Signs? I could be talking out my ass though, but I'm pretty sure that's why they're "seperate" buttons or a button pair or whatever you call them.

Now that you mention it, yeah that might be the reason.
Forgot about the secondary stuff, i just thought it was only for signs.

Funny, I do not see moderator under your name there.......what does your reply have to do with PC controls again?

Well, as somebody who does have Moderator under his name, I must ask you both to cease with the personal attacks and get back on topic.

and that is acceptable. but I wont have a non-mod talk to me like I am his bitch.

In the future, please, use the Report Post function (bottom left corner of a post) instead of responding with personal attacks :)

Anyway, back on topic, please.

and that is acceptable. but I wont have a non-mod talk to me like I am his bitch.
I have simply become sick and tired of complaining rambles in threads not devoted to them. Why would anyone make one without expecting to be responded in similar tone, I have no idea. But in any case, back to the actual topic.

Interesting theory. I haven't heard or seen anything suggesting charged attacks in the previews, but I think it's an awesome idea. The main problem with TW2's controls was that there wasn't enough variation, leaving the tactics relatively shallow by necessity. A Bloodborne-esque charged attacks would add another tactical layer to the combat, although I can't immediately imagine how they'd translate that to animations that are appropriate for the visual style of TW3. Some kind of short wind-up motion followed by a lunge would have to do, I suppose.

obviously we can rebind the keys. but do we think we can rebind shift+something to a single button? I have my doubts, but it could be possible.

obviously we can rebind the keys. but do we think we can rebind shift+something to a single button? I have my doubts, but it could be possible.

No one will answer you that at this point but i don't see any issue at least with multiple button attacks. Worst case scenario, i just use 3rd party makro programs like autohotkey. At this point i am preparing mentally that i will need to deal with shitty controls and possibly wait for m&k fixing mods, maybe i will make one myself.

After seeing the PC manual: Not happy about: 1 select Aard, 2 Igni, 3 Yrden, etc...
Q to cast Sign.

I was hoping for 1 - cast Aaard instantly , 2 - cast Igni instantly..
:sad:

After seeing the PC manual: Not happy about: 1 select Aard, 2 Igni, 3 Yrden, etc...
Q to cast Sign.

I was hoping for 1 - cast Aaard instantly , 2 - cast Igni instantly..
:sad:

Different strokes... I';ve also seen a fair number of posts saying "I hope it's select, not cast". I agree with you though, and if there really is no select-and-cast, it's going on my mouse macros.

Top Bottom