Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is anything else to install

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I was getting 1MByte/sec earlier, which was the limit I set on my end for prime time downloads. However, that was Downloader, not Galaxy.

GOG is well provisioned, but many residential subscribers are not going to get full bandwidth on a long download. You'll probably have to take it up with your ISP's help desk. And they will point the finger at GOG, even though this is a complete failure to do the job you pay them to do.

I'm currently downloading W3 via Galaxy, and it seems V slow to me (100-300Kb/s) I'm assuming that maybe it's due to high demand plus we can't do anything with it for a week yet, so no need to hurry. Is everyone else getting the same slow speed? I hope it's not indicative of general download speeds on Galaxy. :)

I'm getting the same speed but my max would be 0.6 so it's not really strange to me. And maybe some mod might want to move this to the Preload thread? :)

Edit: ninja'd by @GuyNwah :(

As far as I know, they only said "soon". The May 16th thing is what shows in PSN, which could be just a generic placeholder from Sony.

Well I do know from a fact that the PS Store update every Tuesday so maybe it will be today?? This is my hope but i'm still fine if they will be releasing on Friday. I doubt they are releasing it the 16th which is on Saturday.

My estimate before today was between 8 and 16 hours for Steam, around 3-5 days for GOG (Not because of GOG, but because of my ISP's crappy international speeds. Steam is local.) Steam's just finished, I think it was around 6 hours - Wow!

I'm getting "Error - Content still encrypted" if I hit Play. And no "Verify" option. I assume that's normal? This is my first Steam pre-load.

For me its the same :(

So am I done now..?

EDIT: Thus far I'm a bit disappointed with Galaxy. Not a good sign that have to guess what's going on with my downloads.. :-

Last edited:

So am I done now..?

EDIT: Thus far I'm a bit disappointed with Galaxy. Not a good sign that have to guess what's going on with my downloads.. :-

That looks a wee bit strange. You have "Game not supported", where I have "Waiting for Release" then "Release in 6 days".

What is your OS? What else could be up?

---------- Updated at 01:41 PM ----------

Well that could release the Artbook and Soundtrack of the game in this pre-load: \

Art book is spoilery and will be released only with the final version of the game (and you might want to play first, then read later).

Soundtrack is in the extras pack. 206MB for 35 MP3s or 514 for 35 Flacs.

You also have papercrafts, "Reasons of State" comic, HD videos, wallpapers etc, though apart from the Paper crafts for my daughter to play with, I haven't done anything with the rest.

That looks a wee bit strange. You have "Game not supported", where I have "Waiting for Release" then "Release in 6 days".

What is your OS? What else could be up?
Restarted Galaxy and after that it said game corrupted, the it tried to resume the download and now it says server problem.

Now I'm worried about the day 1 patch download if the servers are this slow.. :(

You are further East of me, I'd guess. So my 6 days is 6 plus a lot of hours, yours is seven.

---------- Updated at 01:52 PM ----------

Restarted Galaxy and after that it said game corrupted, the it tried to resume the download and now it says server problem.

Now I'm worried about the day 1 patch download if the servers are this slow.. :(

Don't try installing from Galaxy, abort, then use the drop down to pull up "Download Extras" and download the installers. Then run them from explorer. (I think).

I had some kind of issue and did something ~ this appears to be it, though I can't remember.

:facepalm:

You are further East of me, I'd guess. So my 6 days is 6 plus a lot of hours, yours is seven.

---------- Updated at 01:52 PM ----------

Don't try installing from Galaxy, abort, then use the drop down to pull up "Download Extras" and download the installers. Then run them from explorer. (I think).

I had some kind of issue and did something ~ this appears to be it, though I can't remember.

:facepalm:
I logged out of Galaxy, then logged back in and now it downloads normally again.

Awesome. You are a computer troubleshooting genius. You didn't even need to turn it off and on again. :)

For Origin, I have this on mine. Although, I'm not quite sure if the date refers to GMT +12 (New Zealand) or GMT +8 (Philippines). I made my Origin account when I was still in Asia. I just moved here to New Zealand a few months ago. All that matters is that we get a preload before the release date. :)

Attachments

• witcher preload.jpg
    witcher preload.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom