Witcher 3 Anticipation Thread (Group Therapy)

+

Witcher 3 Anticipation Thread (Group Therapy)

• Total voters

I just saw that amazon already send the collectors edition towards me :D .. even though it say's arrival on 20th may , I still have a digital copy do download , so no problems ;) ... ( Is your Collectors Edition on its way too ? Let me know :D ....)

Also I wanted to mention that you can already download the full OST from gog .... use it to enchance your hype !!! :D

I'm still waiting on mine to be dispatched. :( They estimate it will be dispatched on 18th may and estimated delivery time on 22 May..

Good time I bought the Steam version to play on launch day.

2 more days!!! :D

I'm so sad, I won't be able to play it until June 3rd, I have my med exams...
If I touch the game before I know I will fail :facepalm:

Life is about making the right choices. You're med exams can be done next year. The world of the Witcher needs to be saved right now!! Heed the words of one who doesn't have Witcher issues like most out here. I can wait another 2 days. 2 days, damn, what 2 whole f*cking days! Nooooo (crashes on the floor...)

Hah.. The title of this thread alone shows to CDPR what being a true fan means. Maybe everyone participating in this conversation gets the game tomorrow. No?

I have the feeling that we get the game today or tommorrow xD The consoleros are already playing the game -.- :rly?:

Hello everyone

My name is Sydrek , but you can call me Syd.

Well.... i don't know exactly where to start.

It never crossed my mind that i would have a problem.

You see in my family (and I come from a long lineage of PC master race) patience is a attribute we all develop.

Needless to say it was out of necessity as being part of the PC master race, you often have to feel letdown and have to deal being picked last, shoved back to the end of the queue and sometimes even not being picked at all... so no, i don't see why i'm here.

Sure, the past couple of day's I've woken up in cold sweats, and during the day i contemplate running head first at a wall in the hopes of meditating a few days away.

But i feel fine, I'M FINE, I DONT NEED YOUR STUPID GAME CDPR

Attachments

• Singletear.jpg
    Singletear.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 56
First time I saw a witcher 3 video was in 2013. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: The Beginning. After watching, I told my husband, let's buy it! Unfortunately, he said it's not done yet. And every time I get a new game, Diablo 3, Reapers of Soul, Guildwars 2, and Sims 4, I remember it and I ask, "Is Witcher 4 out yet?" And he'd reply, "There isn't even witcher 3 yet!" Oh lol. *face palm*

It's weird though that in all that time, I never searched for Witcher 3 or even the previous titles. But that video which I've watched exactly twice only, made a mark in my head. Borys Pugacz (senior writer) had me at "...in a vast and wondrous open world." Then and there, I decided I'm playing that game! I even asked my husband (more like demanded) that he buy me a laptop that can play it, or a console.

I can't believe it is here now and really happening. By chance, last month I was looking at my Origin store and checking Sims 4 DLCs, whether I should get them both now or later, when a pop-up with Witcher 3 on sale crossed my eyesight. Oh my oh my. Thoughts of my life-long beloved Sims went out the window.

So I place a call (thru Viber) to my husband who was then at the WGC-2015 conference in Melbourne.

Call 1: lunch
Me: are you free? Can we chat a bit?
Him: yeah, we're just going to have lunch
Me: instead of ipad air2, can you buy ps4 from duty free?
Him: huh?
Me: witcher is soon! May 19! This year!
Him: you sure?
End call....he lost wifi. (Or maybe he was avoiding me hehe)

Call 2: early evening
Me: hey! What do you think better, pc version or ps4? I like ps4 coz it's easier for me to use a controller. Muscle memory, you know.
Him: you can use a controller on pc
Me: oh...

Call 3: next day
Me: don't you want a ps4? I read that persona 5 and final fantasy 15 are going to be released soon.
Him: i'm sure they'll be delayed
Me: why?
Him: they don't normally release big games close to other game releases

Call 4: and the next (yep...i was quite persistent)
Him: have you decided yet? Ps4+witcher3 or buy pc version?
Me: pc version, there is a 10% discount on Origin if pre-order

Although, I waited till he got home before I finalised my order, and along the way, I sneakily tucked in witcher 1 and 2. And he casually said, I had those games back home, and I was like "whaaaaaaat?" But they were physical copies and left in our house in the Philippines, it's far cheaper to buy them again rather than fly back to get those :p

Now furiously finishing witcher 2 (on easy-story-mode)...hating roche's path though, dang hate henselt, had him killed. If there's time, gonna do iorveth tomorrow. And when getting tired click-click-clicking my mouse, i'm usually reading the books. It's a pleasure to read them and provide a backstory to the game, coz some convos in-game aren't explained well at all. Like who the hell are those counts and whoever that other guy is who wants to rule temeria.

I, for one, am glad the game is 2 days away, time enough for me to finish witcher 2, at least one path anyway. Looking forward to 100+ hours of discovering the witcher 3 world!

P.S. And i accidentally stumbled in this forum by mistake 5 days ago. some video said i should register to watch it..and lo and behold, im a forum member lol

I will be 30 years in less than 1 hour.
It would had been an amazing birthday present if I could play the game on my birthday, you know..

Hehe.
So close now.. *keep telling myself* .. sunday tomorrow.. monday the day after and very late that night *boom* The Witcher 3!

But I kinda wish there was some new official spoiler free trailers of The Witcher 3 to see. :-
Anything official.. because everything else is not safe to watch!

Last edited:
So does anyone else have a kind of "Christmas Eve" feeling?

So I'm sitting here at a friends, on Kelly's laptop, scanning the forum for EVILDOERS and whatnot, listening to the dishwasher chug-chug-whoosh and I abruptly realise that tomorrow, which starts in about half an hour for me, is The Day Before Release.

It's really going to happen. And really soon. Sure, there will be some speed bumps and issues. I'll probably crash a few times or have to turn off some setting. Yes, I'll no doubt ban a half dozen people and warn twice that.

But still.

BUT STILL.

Tomorrow is The Day Before! I mean, I like Christmas, ( it has baked goods galore) but I haven't had that swoopy-excited feeling about something so kid-like since I was, well, a kid!

It's actually happening. IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING.

I had the opportunity to play for 3hours on a friends PS4 yesterday and it felt like spying in on my mom packing gifts for christmas back in the day :D

Can't wait for Witchers Eve now :D

Edit: And now back to finishing "Lady of the Lake" and watch some recap videos :D

Top Bottom