Witcher 3 Anticipation Thread (Group Therapy)

+

Witcher 3 Anticipation Thread (Group Therapy)

• Total voters
I've got the day off work Tuesday. My alarm will not be switched off and I'll get up at the crack of dawn as usual. I just can't wait!!

Unfortunately, my wife has other ideas "The drive could do with jet washing" and "borrow next doors ladders to paint the fascia boards" I really hope it rains. Please rain!!

So you took off a day from work to play Witcher 3 but your wife got other ideas.. I don't envy you man! The worst thing you can do is make your wife unhappy. Here's me hoping for torrential rain on the day of release for you. Good luck sir!

to me the forums feel like the day before a marraige starts, rushing here and there , the mods busy deleting posts , the users popping up in new ids providing flame bait, excited fans like kids going ga ga over everything..... busy busy busy busy

and FINALLY after the game releases , the servers will sigh in relief , the roads will be empty and there will be epidemic scale of fake fevers , colds ...... and for once , the forum will be empty

Last edited:
So you took off a day from work to play Witcher 3 but your wife got other ideas.. I don't envy you man! The worst thing you can do is make your wife unhappy. Here's me hoping for torrential rain on the day of release for you. Good luck sir!

Thank you NightH4wx. My phone is currently telling me that there will be storms/heavy rain on Tuesday. I've never been so happy to hear there'll be a storm!

It's been 8 years, man. So much has happened since then. I passed out of school, got into college, and now I'm preparing to graduate. The only time I got myself new pcs were to play each of these three games.

In a way, I don't want May 19th to arrive because once I start the game it'll lead to the culmination of an interest, a love, that started in 2007 and has been with me since.

Today.. yes! It's been the bestest day so far in the waiting for The Witcher 3.

I have not checked the countdown but I know tomorrow I will be watching Game of Thrones Ep. 6 with my girlfriend and then.. 5 hours later the game will be out.

I have never felt THIS close to the game before.. it is a goos feeling today..

yeah, what are your plans for tomorrow? How will you pass the hours before release?
I am planning to keep me distracted. Will go to the university in the morning, then i have a meeting from 6pm until ~ 10pm, thus i will be at home around 11pm. Game unlocks at 1am here, so i think the last 2 hours will be the hardest.

It's been 8 years, man. So much has happened since then. I passed out of school, got into college, and now I'm preparing to graduate. The only time I got myself new pcs were to play each of these three games.

In a way, I don't want May 19th to arrive because once I start the game it'll lead to the culmination of an interest, a love, that started in 2007 and has been with me since.

I know what you mean. While waiting very long for a different game to arrive, i was part of the fan-community quite a long time. after the release, the community changes, and you drop some parts of your daily routine. You wake up and think that you should be excited, but then you notice that you already got what you were excited for. It is ambivalent, because then you can play the game, but the waiting and the excitement is over.
However, this was some time ago, didn't happen with Witcher 3 to me.

good luck.

Yes, I made that comparison with Christmas Eve to myself indeed. Also, my birthday was on the beginning of the month, but I knew that my gift would on the 19th. Feeling like a child right now, which is great I think once you get rid of those absurd concernes and remorses about being a grown-up and I should work more yadayadayada.

Also I am 5000 km away from my girlfriend and will be for the coming months, in a place where my social life is almost inexistant, which is generally horrible but now is the perfect situation to lose myself in the game completely. Well, I'm supposed to work from time to time but I am completely free in how I do so (as long as I produce results at some point), so no sleep for me on Monday night :wat: Now if only I could be productive on Monday so that I'll feel less guilty about it :scold:

Garrison72 said:
I've never followed a game's development for so long and frankly it will be the last time. It's torture.
I remember in 2001 I waited for super Smash Bros. melee impatiently for 187 days...yes I remember the exact number. That's how agonizing the wait was. But because of that, now I always go on a full media blackout for games I'm anticipating. I haven't looked at any preview footage or articles since the 35 min gameplay video from last year. Still in the past few days I've been getting anxious. Monday evening needs to hurry up already.

Last edited:
A Grain of Truth is my favourite one aswell. But I liked basicly every single one of them. Now that you emntion it i think I'm gonna read through it again today. ^^ The Lesser Evil is also great and explains how Geralt became known as the Butcher of Blaviken. it also introduces that Witcher can deflect arrows in the air which is very cool ^^

I actually posted this in the wrong thread, but I am glad someone else loves A Grain of Truth!

Yeah that's precisely how I've been describing this feeling. Except for I don't think I've ever wanted something for Christmas as much as I've been wanting this game... even as a kid.
Probably two reasons - TW2 to me was a flawless game. I know people always say there's no such thing but to me it really was. If I could change one thing about TW2 it would be... nothing. I loved everything about it so I've been really looking forward to a sequel even though I don't believe it can match TW2 for me. Secondly I've been waiting for 3+ years and Christmas comes every year so there's been more anticipation here =)

Happy Witchers-Eve!

---------- Updated at 11:05 AM ----------

I've got the day off work Tuesday. My alarm will not be switched off and I'll get up at the crack of dawn as usual. I just can't wait!!

Unfortunately, my wife has other ideas "The drive could do with jet washing" and "borrow next doors ladders to paint the fascia boards" I really hope it rains. Please rain!!

I'm sorry that the Mrs isn't terribly understanding of your hobby... My wife is fully aware that I intend to practically ignore her and the kids for a week :) Ok, ok, not the kids but as soon as they're in bed, I'll be witchering uninterrupted for the firsrt week for sure.

So... GoG Galaxy says:

Witcher 3 Release in a Day, so.... we getting it tomorrow? I thought it was 19th May.

Not that it matters, rather i am kinda happy, but still :O?

So... GoG Galaxy says:

Witcher 3 Release in a Day, so.... we getting it tomorrow? I thought it was 19th May.

Not that it matters, rather i am kinda happy, but still :O?

it releases in a day and something about 10h.. so you can say it releases in a day ;) technically it's still may 19th
anyway, this isn't a reason not to be happy ;)

Got 2 weeks all to myself, my witcher2 saves on the ready, i will take a big nap on monday to gather my strength and play all night when it releases, maybe even the next morning :D

Its going to be GREAT!

1 day 9 hours!

But I wonder, on steam it says that so far I have downloaded 21.3 GB but in the game description it says that required space is 35GB.

So that means I will still have to download 13.7 GB when the game unlocks?

Couldnt sleep the last 2 nights and am unusually often refreshing both the official youtube channel and the forums here. In my tunnel vision, looking foward to playing the game, I kinda ran out of ideas of what to do in the meantime. So I am just sitting here, having no clue what to do and staring at my screen. The symptoms are getting worse every day. D:

I am glad Ill have a feel weeks to play TW3 non stop when it releases, but I am very much afraid of what will come after I finished the game several times. I hope the boredom doesnt return.

1 day 9 hours!

But I wonder, on steam it says that so far I have downloaded 21.3 GB but in the game description it says that required space is 35GB.

So that means I will still have to download 13.7 GB when the game unlocks?

^ Very good point - does anyone know how large the day-1 patch is?? Several gigs sounds nasty, I thought it will be a tiny .exe

Top Bottom