The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new lighting makes it look like Oblivion, I am dead serious. And look at that castle, where did all the details go? Or is the draw distance that reduced?

aswome so those that mean your gonna buy the order 1886 at full price they got a cool looking machanic that lets you look at things graphical fidelity you will really like it (just asking lol)

Can't say I'm not disappointed with cdprojeckt due to this seemingly minor difference between the pc version and the console version(s). For me a pc version should be much better, the consoles are very underwhelming and probably the weakest of all the console generations in the way how little they improved upon the previous generation. For the pc to look so much like them makes it obvious to me that the pc version was intentionally shafted to stay in line with the console version. We are getting a lesser graphically impressive game thanks to that.

However, I did not buy the game for graphics, I bought it for the story and gameplay and that will overshadow the graphic issue for me. However as I said can't say I'm not disappointed.

pcgh.de compared the preview and the review version:

- better rendering for the vegetation
- better AO
- water tesselation with waves due the wind
- water interaction with moves and spells and so on
- Post-Processing like vignetting
- lower Framerate
- better view distance
- softer contrast
and many more "tweaks".

I posted a screenshot here:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...e-of-consols?p=1666692&viewfull=1#post1666692

I hope, there will be more screenshots in the next hours.

Well after all this far I can safely say they did not lie...
After seeing it on Ultra I indeed feel slapped in the face xD

But we will see despite how "bad" it looks now I guess it will still be a nice game

No difference? There's obvious differences in e.g. lighting, shadows, LOD distance and grass quality & density but the differences aren't as big as I anticipated.

But really.

Looks good enough. I just want to play the game.

Last edited:
Man, the game looks like shit. Not the amazing stuff I've come to expect from CDProjekt. Conveniently, the PC press-edition is delayed until Tuesday, probably because they know it looks horrible. I wonder if Steam allows money back on pre-orders...

Man, the game looks like shit. Not the amazing stuff I've come to expect from CDProjekt. Conveniently, the PC press-edition is delayed until Tuesday, probably because they know it looks horrible. I wonder if Steam allows money back on pre-orders...

Steam does indeed refund pre-orders

Pretty sure it's only steam wallet cash however

So the money goes to Gabe regardless

I always wonder, what other games people play, that think TW3 "looks like shit". I must really miss out on some amazing looking graphical wonders somehow.

14 page downgtade thread:hmm:

As stated 748329 times before the actual "downgrade" is really just handicapped lighting system and grass shading.
The thing is CDPR already once made a better one (35 min gameplay) so I wonder why they won't just reapply it to pc version.
They wouldn't have to develop anything new and as it is just lighting system it shouldn't really any new bugs, it's just visual change

If this is true, then they could do that only after the launch. Or MS would sue their asses off. At least that's what i think. :)

Guys calm down. After all CDPR is a company that strongly listens to their fans and they do the best to ensure that we get the optimal experience possible on every device. They love their products and put so much effort into making these, so that I really feel sorry for them seeing how some of you treat them right now.

And even if there are technical difficulties you can be sure that they are going to adress them in future updates if possible. So we as a community should support them as much as we expect them to support us. And I am standing totally behind their decisions or concepts wether they are artistic, technical etc. as they are finally leading to the realisation of their visioned product.

And if we as the aforementioned community have ideas, suggestions or other opinions we can communicate them moderately and I am sure that we will be heard in some way, because that is what CDPR always did. And I believe, even now that the game will be finally released on tuesday, CDPR will continue to optimize and work on it so that it gets even better from time to time besides all the DLC and Content we get in the future months. ;)

So please stop hating a product, that is superior and outstanding in so many ways apart from its visual presentation.

And regarding the whole "Downgrade"-Debate, some additional news for you:

PCGamesHardware has now a final Review-Build including the Day One Patch and mentioned that this Version looks indeed even better than the previous build they used to take a lot of their latest videos and screenshots. For those of you who understand german, here is a quote from their updated article and the link to that

Update: Uns liegt nun auch die Review-Version inklusive Day-1-Patch vor, diese unterscheidet sich recht deutlich von der in den Screenshots und unseren vorherigen Videos abgebildeten Preview-Fassung, von der auch das meiste sonstige veröffentlichte Material im Internet stammt. Im Bildvergleich können Sie recht deutlich eine verbesserte Darstellung von Vegetation, deren Verschattung und den Texturen erkennen, dazu ist uns eine offenbar aufwendigere Wasserdarstellung aufgefallen, auf denen nun windabhängig tessellierte Wellen zu beobachten sind und das dynamisch auf Zaubersprüche oder Ähnliches reagiert. Zudem funktionieren nun Post-Processing-Effekte wie die Vignettierung. Ganz ohne Preis kommt dies aber nicht, die Frameraten fallen nun niedriger aus. Die Ergebnisse unserer Messungen werden wir Ihnen nicht mehr lange schuldig bleiben. Die Vergleichsbilder wurden von Ultra HD skaliert, am Ende unserer Galerie finden Sie die Bilder in voller Auflösung.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/The-Witcher-3-Screenshots-1159185/

There you also find a new comparison screenshot with slider to compare both builds of the game:

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/commoncfm/comparison/indexb2.cfm?id=125693

And whats the lasting appeal? It even looks better than it already did before ^^

I guess the gaming websites streaming it on PC right now have discovered a time machine then.

"Today, the review embargo for CD Projekt Red’s The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt lifted. There will be reviews out there in the untamed wilds of the Internet. You can read them! But none of those reviews will be of the PC version. While review copies of The Witcher 3 were sent out for the PlayStation 4 more than a week ago, PC code is still missing in action, despite being pre-loadable on Steam. Bandai Namco tells us that this is because a big day-one patch hasn't been finalised on PC in time for today's review embargo, but will be ready for worldwide release next Tuesday."

-PCGamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom