Lack of variety in Sex scenes

+
Nothing but there is a place for everything, if you want erotica you are probably on the wrong place to have it.
Does tasteful sexiness somehow pollute good storytelling? Movies have it, books have it, it adds certain ''flare'' to the atmosphere. Why not heavy Story-Driven RPG?

Last edited:
Don't despair. I'm sure as soon as the RedKit is available for TW3, one or another ingenious modder will take care of this. :)

Well not on a PS4, So this thread exists
I hope someone from REDs will read it and if they can do some patching PLEASE !!

---------- Updated at 09:06 PM ----------

Does tasteful sexiness somehow pollute good storytelling? Movies have it, books have it, it adds certain ''flare'' to the atmosphere. Why not heavy Story-Driven RPG?

Exactly and The Witcher series is known for that
When everything has evolved in the TW3 from previous game why not this variety ?

Not complaining, but one of the best RPG Mature games has taken such a silly approach.
If you have played the previous games you would know what I am trying to point to that is missing in TW3 :)

True enough. I was interested in Witcher series because it felt very mature and not afraid in their approach.

Dev now day try to appease to everyone and it's so annoying. I already heard so many complaints saying Witcher is racist / sexist / anti gay EVERYTHING. It's honestly ridiculous to assume all games have to please everyone.

True enough. I was interested in Witcher series because it felt very mature and not afraid in their approach.

Dev now day try to appease to everyone and it's so annoying. I already heard so many complaints saying Witcher is racist / sexist / anti gay EVERYTHING. It's honestly ridiculous to assume all games have to please everyone.

Fear ? but REDs are rebels
That is what is astonishing, compared with previous tiles there is more
- Gore
- Violence
- Racism
but
shy away from improved sex scenes ! Just Excellent !!

---------- Updated at 09:15 PM ----------

Wouldn't it be nice to already be playing the game like you are...

Haha take my word and don't bother doing all those lengthy tedious tasks for love of a women
you will see that scene is finished in the blink of an eye, and then suddenly you will wonder did I see the same girl from that previous village or a whore ?

Sex is not supposed to be sexy or sensual.

the bath scene was not the best in my opinion in the witcher 2
there were all sex scenes the same just another angle and i think in witcher 3 this will be the same

i play the games for quest-story design and the feeling to be THE WITCHER! preparation for potion drinking and so on.

the bath scene was not the best in my opinion in the witcher 2
there were all sex scenes the same just another angle and i think in witcher 3 this will be the same

i play the games for quest-story design and the feeling to be THE WITCHER! preparation for potion drinking and so on.

Exactly no evolution in this aspect from TW2 to TW3.
Infact TW3 is just below TW2. So much for the dynamic beard growth that they forgot variation in romance and did not evolve the Romantic scenes.

Exactly no evolution in this aspect from TW2 to TW3.
Infact TW3 is just below TW2. So much for the dynamic beard growth that they forgot variation in romance and did not evolve the Romantic scenes.

guess you can't have everything..besides the beard feature is cool lol

in W1 you had these cards and plenty of girls with storys and you could get every one of them to bed and W2 toned down
toning down W3 is no big surprise for me

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I partly agree with what you have said. To be honest, usually I am not into sex scenes in games and even though I still think it's not the most important aspect of TW3 I kinda agree there should be variety in sex scenes with the leading ladies (personally I don't care the prostitutes' scenes). Just for the sake of immersion and credibility that the scenes with the main love interests are more important and intimate. So all in all, even though I'm not going to fall on my sword because the lack of variety I believe they didn't manage to outshine the elven bath scene which was indeed beautiful.

Prostitute scenes should be kind of bland. I haven't come across any chances yet, but random encounters don't need to be anything special. However, when it comes to characters that you spend some time with, go on quests on and such, there should be something interesting to go along with it. Interesting locations or something. I don't see a need for going crazy with random positions and all that. It's unnecessary. The lead up to getting Geralt laid is the more fun part.

Honestly, the elven bath scene isn't all that crazy. The lead up is the main attraction. Being in that location, the "bath" comment, Triss using magic to take off her clothes, Geralt being stunned and then fighting to take his clothes off. That stuff was great. The rest of it is kind of comedic with the elves/dwarf talking about the tale of the place with Triss and Geralt going at it down below. The scenes with Geralt and Triss are actually quite short.

Last edited:
16 hours of motion capture.... yeah right ..
Id rather have them dont add sex scenes at all if they start shying away from it because they are getting a wider audience.
Half hearted sex scenes are just silly.
Do it right or dont do it at all.

I agree with the op, the sex scenes are too short and lazy, had to wake up the wife just to finish ;)

Personally my concerns are...

The only elf I've been able to romance is in a brothel, weaksauce.

And as far as I can tell there is no romancing succubi etc. Hope to be pleasantly surprised on both fronts.

If not, I'm looking at you Romance DLC.

Sorry for being late to the party.. but i was testing sharpening methods for my sweetfx preset, it makes a huge difference on skin it seems..

And i just noticed the brothel scenes when you can see full bodies all the girls are fully clothed. What the hell.

The witcher 2 laughs at w3 in disgust.

I disrespect strongly CDPR for making games for frikkin mainstream western teenagers who's parents wont be able to handle it. What a bloddy shame CDPR compromised. I'm sure we'll get mods on pc at some point.. but with all the w3 issues from consoles.. cdpr are nobody.

Top Bottom