Problem with Gwent? Getting owned by the AI? Want some tips? call: 0800-SCORCHED

+
I played a scorch card, the opponent had a 10 and instead my 6-trebuchet got burnt up. does scorch not work on those cards? (weather cards don't seem to - though I don't remember this being explained in the tutorial at all)

Same here only the other way around. Tried to scorch the opponent trebuchet and mine got burned instead. Actually nailed myself a couple of times already with this one.
Something I'm missing?

Last edited:
I played a scorch card, the opponent had a 10 and instead my 6-trebuchet got burnt up. does scorch not work on those cards? (weather cards don't seem to - though I don't remember this being explained in the tutorial at all)
As @CastorKrieg said Hero units are immune to effects cards. Keep in mind that this means all types of effect cards, both positive and negative. Scorch and weather cards don't work on them but neither do horn cards (x2 power for an entire row), dummy/swap cards or medic cards (the ones that let you "resurrect" from your used cards deck).

So, it's been a while since I can't use my leader card. I press square, but nothing happens... I played several matches against several different NPCs, but it simply doesn't work.
Is it a bug? I believe it started after I played against someone who had the ability to prevent me from using the leader card.

So... nobody have a clue? I still can't use it.

So... nobody have a clue? I still can't use it.

What is the leader card in question? Are you sure you can use it? For example, Foltest default card allows you to play weather card on the middle row, however that card has to be in your deck. If a. the weather card is in your hand already b. you do not have that weather card in your deck the ability will be useless.

What is the leader card in question? Are you sure you can use it? For example, Foltest default card allows you to play weather card on the middle row, however that card has to be in your deck. If a. the weather card is in your hand already b. you do not have that weather card in your deck the ability will be useless.

Oh... *facepalm*... That's it. I removed the fog card from the deck, since I could use the leader card... I should've pay more attention. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
@all - Don't remember who was asking about Gwent Collector Achievement but - little tip that i think wasn't explained in game - In order to obtain achievement you only need to collect cards that have unique name. So for ex. you only need 1xGhoul (even though there are couple of them in game), 1xDecoy, and so on. Leader Cards are exception to that rule - you need to have all 4 of them in each faction. I hope it helps :)

Cards from White Orchard's Inkeep should be attainable from other merchant in White Orchard in today's patch for PC (it was too late for console patch but it will also be patched for consoles soon). If i am not mistaken - there are some "failsafes"/alternative ways to obtain cards in some quests but probably not in all of them. This achievement seems quite hard and therefore prestige one ;) Challenge accepted?

@Blandock - Which Leader Card are you trying to use?
Foltest - King of Temeria (this one summons Fog card from your deck - so if you removed this weather card from your deck before match, or you have this fog card on hand then you can't summon it from deck)
Foltest - Lord Commander of the North (It clears weather effects that are currently on board - you cannot use it if there are no effects on board)
Foltest - the Siegemaster (Applies Horn effect to siege row - if there is no horn effect already present)
Foltest - the Steel-Forged (Destroys enemy's siege units but only if their combined strength is equal or higher than 10)
Or maybe other leader?

@lord_blex - If card has golden edge thingy (Hero mark), like the one below, it is not affected by any special cards (weather, scorch, ressurect, +1 in row, decoy - won't affect it):

So - for ex:
If enemy has 10 point [ Hero ] card on his side, and you have 6 point [ Common ] unit card on your side (and there are no other cards on board) then scorch will destroy your 6 point common card as it is highest non hero card on board.

Attachments

• gold_edge.png
    gold_edge.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 67
Sorry if its been asked but are cards part of the loot table, meaning they can be found in the world off baddies, chest, etc?

Ahhh, that kinda sucks.

Not to mention you can win cards from innkeepers/merchants/armorers/blacksmiths. If he/she plays Gwent, you win a card by beating her. But only once. So have a list handy and cross-out the ones you have already beaten in order to avoid confusion.

I've got one big problem. ._.

uhm.. I want the Geralt of Rivia card but the NPC for this card is nowhere ._. the related quest for assassinating
is cancelled because I refused to help
. now i cannot find T****r and won't get the card. >.< I need help.

Is there some way to get the card without finding him (buying the card) or finding him without the assassinating quest?

sorry for (maybe) bad english. x)

I don't know if anyone has already suggested it, but I think it'd be cool if you were randomly assigned a deck when you start the game. I can see it being rather boring to only play the Northern Kingdoms deck when you restart the game since it takes awhile to build another deck. Right now, I have a decent Northern deck with a few heroes, but I'm still on 3/22 or 4/22 unit cards for all the other decks. Just my two cents since I really enjoy Gwent and it'd be fun to start the game and get a similarly powered Nilf deck or something.

The Giant problem is Its Damm Boring.... 1st I was so excited as I thought Its a Card Battle Game but When I realize Its just a boring card placing game without any battle & You just have to end up with more points then ai to win.

I will love to play this game with battle like card hit points, Defense points, Melee / Ranged like this.

I really enjoy Rage Frenzy card battle mini game in Game Rage . I hope to see improvement in this game

The Giant problem is Its Damm Boring.... 1st I was so excited as I thought Its a Card Battle Game but When I realize Its just a boring card placing game without any battle & You just have to end up with more points then ai to win.

And in order to have more points you need to apply strategy, such as board control, card management, counters, etc. The game is very much in vein of European school of game design, where mechanics matter more than flashy effects.

Last edited:
Am i said that this game dose not required any strategy ?? I just said its boring as every game needs a strategy but most important part is FUN & EXCITEMENT which this game is totally missing IMO

Ohh & btw I am not even talking about graphics of game or about flashy effects. As i mention in my previous post try Rage Frenzy its simple game with few animation but its a very enjoyable game with strategy.

Last edited:
I missed to play or buy any Gwent Cards in White Orchard. After Patch 1.04 i bought 3 Cards from the Shop Keeper next to the fast Travel Point:

- Crinfrid Reavers Dragon Hunter
- Catapult
- Blue Stripes Commando

- Lord Commander of the North (I don´t know if I bought that card but I have it. Orignally it is obtained by beating the Innkeeperess in Gwent)

But I´m still missing 2 cards from that area. Atleast according to this list:
http://www.primagames.com/games/witcher-3/tips/where-find-every-gwent-card-witcher-3-wild-hunt

- Decoy (bought from the Innkeeperess in White Orchard)
- Assire var Anahid (by beating the tutorial guy?)

Any help or suggestions?

- Lord Commander of the North (I don´t know if I bought that card but I have it. Orignally it is obtained by beating the Innkeeperess in Gwent)

That is one of the cards you buy from Elsa/Innkeeper or the merchant after the prologue. The tutorial guy gives you Zoltan, no Assire.

I find I own everyone I come across now :p pretty much played everyone I can in Velen and Novigrad, I have a full Northern Realms and a full Nilfgaardian Empire deck. I play people and I can pretty much just place all my cards both rounds and win. Time to try the tournament? Tips for people to win at gwent is just get more cards, focus on spies, medics and have atleast 2+ decoys. My Nilfgaardian Empire deck is almost only hero cards though, it helps having OP cards xD

Top Bottom