Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Triss being badass at the quest with Menge is btw not the only scene where she shows that. ;)

Enjoy :)

Edit: I have let Triss use her full power on that guy. Just another retard that deserves to die !

Edit 2: Ofc I didnt let her kill him ! After torturing his memory got deleted.

What quest is that? I don't remember it.

@Gerald01 @Riddlin

I thought this was hash out 30 pages back?

Both of you have very good suggestions and arguements however, we don't need to go at each other. All we can do is wait and see how the dev respond to our concerns.

What are you talking about?
The issue is simple. The two romances are not equal, while they should be, very simple.
Yennefer's is almost perfect as is, and very satisfactory.
Only one needs fixin'. Only one is a problem.

Triss being a late addition or afterthought or the backstage stuff whatever it may be doesn't change a thing. It is not an excuse of any kind.

I don't get why people according to you should beg for more content as if they were addicts?
I don't care a bit if they add Yen content or not, as far as the game goes there is no problem.
It's just a issue of balance, consistency and quality writing/narrative.

"This could easily be implimented with some rendering time on the super pcs."
As far as I can tell, your average two-people cutscene is just the game engine with a different lighting (+ lightsources directionally pointed around), maybe some cheapo filters, nothing "super" needed to make them.

"But the inflammatory nature of your last line shocked me a little...you have to understand that isn't applicable to your argument or this thread."

It's not inflammatory, it's called an example. Think of a non-inflammatory one ?
How about this: person A is poor, B is rich. Your argument (or theirs) is person A can only ever get more money if person B richie gets a proportional amount too.

Is that inflammatory too?

"The part of that fell through when someone decided to go back and ADD Triss so she might have a larger part"

We don't know that and that wouldn't change a thing. Triss is not random Succubus you can sleep with or random tertiary romanceable NPC.
She's 1 of 2 paths you can choose, with her personal lifetime ending and whatnot. Whatever the details, she was/is supposed to have some sort of parity with Yen, the rest are details.

Having played both of them i can inform you that both need fixing.Yen doesn't change,granted she gets more content, but its still the same if you don't romance her.
We should focus on the lack of character interaction and the unimportance of the romance choices we make and the impact they have in the latter game in general.
Most of us here prefer Triss,myself included but its not the only problem here and as far as we ask for that and only that to be fixed the devs won't lift a finger.

Having played both of them i can inform you that both need fixing.Yen doesn't change,granted she gets more content, but its still the same if you don't romance her.
We should focus on the lack of character interaction and the unimportance of the romance choices we make and the impact they have in the latter game in general.
Most of us here prefer Triss,myself included but its not the only problem here and as far as we ask for that and only that to be fixed the devs won't lift a finger.

Yes I know that, I've played Yen.
The issue with her is the opposite of Triss's, her romance is so abundant it spills over to the "default"/"neutral" path.

We were talking about their respective Romance and possible additional lines/interactions.
From that POV, Yen surely doesn't need MORE romance content, she need alternative lines for the scenes in question (docks at Kaer Trolde, kiss at KM maybe and some others at the very least). Ergo, less romance to make it compatible with triss' path and lonesome Gerald.

Anyway not things "team Yen" desires, which is what we are talking about.
Also, we are aware of the issue but so far we categorised under "Triss additions" because in more than a way they'd help her romance and are her issues, not Yen's.

---------- Updated at 09:28 PM ----------

The discussion you two are having.

No? I'm not aware of that.? We are arguing about Team Yen and the fact Yen should get more content if Triss would.

Yes I know that, I've played Yen.
The issue with her is the opposite of Triss's, her romance is so abundant it spills over to the "default"/"neutral" path.

We were talking about their respective Romance and possible additional lines/interactions.
From that POV, Yen surely doesn't need MORE romance content, she need alternative lines for the scenes in question (docks at Kaer Trolde, kiss at KM maybe and some others at the very least). Ergo, less romance to make it compatible with triss' path and lonesome Gerald.

Anyway not things "team Yen" desires, which is what we are talking about.
Also, we are aware of the issue but so far we categorised under "Triss additions" because in more than a way they'd help her romance and are her issues, not Yen's.

---------- Updated at 09:28 PM ----------

No? I'm not aware of that.? We are arguing about Team Yen and the fact Yen should get more content if Triss would.

We want what you want but, we need to be willing to compromise if we expect the dev to listen. We need to be understanding towards the other sides request if in fact they have one.

We know the romance in the game is not balanced, we are aware that many of the choices the player makes while romancing Triss doesn't matter because the story progress the same way no matter what.

Perfect example is the face licking at Kaer Morhen or the unavoidable flirting with Yen after the player just confess his love for Triss. Then there os every other NPC in the game virtually ignoring your choice and at every turn try to show you in some way that your choice is not what the dev programmed as you lover.

We know those facts and it's irritating when we talk about it, because it's so obvious only a blind person could miss that during the QA check.

I'm just saying, we are all on the same page so lets not get carried away going at each other.

What quest is that? I don't remember it.

It is Count Reuven's Treasure quest if You don't let Triss to be tortured, You need to interrogate a spy in a secret meeting place.

And if you get this quest Geralt will start some "nude talk" to Triss when she appears at the house ;)

Sadly the spy showed up quickly. Imagine what could have happen there if they were alone for some hours without anyone around.. :wub:

We want what you want but, we need to be willing to compromise if we expect the dev to listen.

I'm quite sure the devs would be happier to add less content. Adding stuff for Yen too to our proposal is counterproductive. And possibly offensive to them, seeing how it looks like they put alot of effort into the Yen romance..

I'm quite sure the devs would be happier to add less content. Adding stuff for Yen too to our proposal is counterproductive. And possibly offensive to them, seeing how it looks like they put alot of effort into the Yen romance..

I assume you have seen the RED post that said that most of the devs are Team Yen?
They won't add stuff only for Triss.

Are you seriously trying to say that professional, world reknown, developers have the mentality of your average fanboy?

Either you didn't realise what i said or you have the mentality of the average fanboy.I didn't say anything the RED post did,a guy who is part of the world reknowned developer team...

Hey folks no one is willing to give ground let's get back to the topic at hand. Triss romancing Geralt.

We have no idea what the dev is thinking. We are hoping they see things from our prospective and in the interest of pleasing their fans and polishing their product they are willing to address some of our concerns.

Either you didn't realise what i said or you have the mentality of the average fanboy.I didn't say anything the RED post did,a guy who is part of the world reknowned developer team...

Are you pulling my leg? I was obviously commenting on your own personal conclusion to that fact. You said that since most of them are "team Yen" therefore they won't add Triss-exclusive content. Which is a ridicolous notion you can only infer if you attribute them fanboy-like mentality prevailing on their actual jobs and professionalism.

They won't add stuff only for Triss.

And you know that why?

Besides nobody says that added stuff should be for Triss only, whould bee cool if there could be mor interaction with all of the Girls!

We have no idea what the dev is thinking. We are hoping they see things from our prospective and in the interest of pleasing their fans and polishing their product they are willing to address some of our concerns.

Nicely said!:thumbup:

Last edited:
And you know that why?

Besides nobody says that added stuff should be for Triss only, whould bee cool if there could be mor interaction with all of the Girls!

Nicely said!:thumbup:

If you check my previous posts thats what I was saying but I think its highly unlikely they add content for Triss only.

---------- Updated at 10:15 PM ----------

Are you pulling my leg? I was obviously commenting on your own personal conclusion to that fact. You said that since most of them are "team Yen" therefore they won't add Triss-exclusive content. Which is a ridicolous notion you can only infer if you attribute them fanboy-like mentality prevailing on their actual jobs and professionalism.

I am just relaying the RED post back to you and speculating based on it.Please tell you get that even if that is not an "official" stance of the devs it shouldn't go unnoticed.

---------- Updated at 08:36 PM ----------

Why? They just have to read page 1. The post by @shaedhen says everything they need to know about our issue. ;)

Because even the original poster will have a shitty time trying to read through all of this for actual constructive feedback to even post it on the front page.

I assume you have seen the RED post that said that most of the devs are Team Yen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom