1.07 PC patch delay due to console certification process

+
Dealing with what you have means taking what is and trying to make the best of it -- not expending energy on trying to make things "ideal" or "fair". Most certainly, don't expect that working towards a goal ensures success, either; just be happy with what's there or work calmly towards more. Deciding something just isn't worth the effort means walking away completely and forgetting the issue ever existed. Move on to things you find more important.
I am glad braver men than you exist. Those who value themselves, their desires, and what they see as fair and just action. We don't need addled children to be supplicants to corporate entities. The suppliers always seek to maximize their returns, to place themselves in the best position, to act upon opportunity and to mitigate weakness. For a consumer to perform the opposite, to curl up into the fetal position and accept any and all things as they come, to not care about the value they receive in their transactions, to be accepting of any and all results and to feel privileged just to have had the opportunity to throw their money away with no belief they have any rights, nor any inclination to believe their peers deserve any themselves, what a poor excuse for a person such sycophantry requires.

I am glad this thread exists, and that at least a few consumers believe that their desires matter a whit.

Guest 3831865

I am also glad this thread exists, but for the purpose the OP stated: some degree of clarification. However, I am not happy to see how we, the players, attempted to turn a couple of wild guesses and speculations into a holy fucking crusade against the developers and the industry, over-exaggerated I'm sure, but the point stands.

(Most of ) you really loved and cared about the game and enjoyed it a lot up to the point where either a bug that breaks the game hits you, or some silly glitches that pop out and bug some of unimportant quests which sets your OCD off and turns into a full blown cancerous tumour in your brain, with "CDPR" painted in blood, and pulsing.

Maybe, they want to please the bigger console player base, since it was them that complained about how PC always received updates first in the past. I am sure some of them were more vicious, more righteous and out numbers all of you. Which is a net PR gain for CDPR.

Maybe, the devs are holding back the PC patch (hypothetically, let's say it's ready), waiting for feedbacks from the console certification, to further strengthen the PC patch as well as preparing what goes into the next patch for which ever platforms.

Maybe, CDPR wants to take a break from the nightmarish hellfire that over enthusiastic Witcher fans dealt them over little things. For example: "Why are we getting the patch 2 weeks later than the PC guys?" "Why do we have to wait for the console certification when our PC patch is ready?" "The industry and all things targeting consumers are the devil, they are the final boss and we are ill-prepared apprentice Bitchers with no potions or decoctions." and they are simply avoiding you on purpose by not publicly announcing anything - to prevent backlash from the likes of you.

My challenge to you: For those who are claiming that this [15 days difference, or how ever long the console certification is], as the "last straw"s or the "that's it"s... I challenge you to keep to your word and follow it up. I want you to take it to the next level and launch a Kickstarter campaign, or do whatever it takes to deliver the rest of us (80% of the entire Witcher fan base, likely less) from this terrible nightmare that we got ourselves into while playing games for entertainment.

I play on my PC, I have done some thinking and "putting myself in their shoes" for a lot of the posts in this topic. The result is, sadly, my angry comrades. I am NOT, as upset as you are, and I am, protected by my own bubble of deflection, very hopelessly in denial- thinking that this just really is not a problem or something that bothers me a great deal.

I was however, very upset about events that occurred in the past, elsewhere, where certain DLC or contents were bound by legal exclusivity contracts, restricted to release on one specific platform two months or more ahead of others. If this is where CDPR is heading, then I shall join your ranks and set their world on fire.
(No, I'm actually not going to do that, instead I'll mark it as a lost cause and play something else)

I also became more and more disgruntled lately about how most studios and publishers nowadays rather prefer to keep things secret and keep their fans guessing, because some of us, are way too hostile and are apparently, quite good at rallying the fucking peasants and burn their village down if information ever gets exposed in the open.

I may have lost about 30 minutes collecting my thoughts and writing this, maybe another year of my entire lifespan because some rather aggressive earlier posts made me cough blood (jk)

Don't open your mouths wider than your wallets. Did you pay $60 dollars to complain to/with the fans and receive points and cookies on the forums, or to play the actual game which is rather decent and likely to be listed as your personal top 10's of all time?

Direct your very constructive and productive feedbacks to the developers in a more direct manner. They are in the end, paid to handle us. Myself, among others, would rather keep waiting or asking some informative figure from the studio to clarify the question asked by the OP, instead of bashing and quoting on each other just to make a point.

Off-topic: How much entertainment did you get out of The Witcher 3, dollar per hour? How is it compared to, lets use a bigger pool and not just like 1 or 2 titles, how about 20 other games you have played with their launch price tags?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/using-calculator-in-windows-7

They have released PC patches before the corresponding console patches before. Unless they were concerned that a change made during console certification would have to be fed back into the PC patch, they would not hold up the PC patch for the consoles.

But the evidence, especially as @Brogan80 indicates they just asked for more information related to a problem, suggests that they're still working on the patch for PC.

Asking CDPR representatives for an explanation does not mean you will get one. They do not often post on the forum, and it would be extremely unlikely for them to make statements about a patch that is work in progress.
I'd say I would like them to show up more in the forum, that way we know they are actually paying attention and not off with the pixies... still waiting on the crash fixes. Zero info on that... not helpful at all, seeing as it has been what over a month now?

Crashes, performance fixes and progression bugs should be first priority.

In fairness, its probably not all entirely down to the CDPR devs they may of wanted to release the PC patch but somebody from PR prevented them because of the nonsensical accusations made about CDPR favoring the PC over consoles when in reality its the verification process on consoles that slow the patches down. Somebody needed to release a statement saying just that and been done with it not all this hoo-haa its created because of a few whiny console websites.

Last edited:
I am glad braver men than you exist. Those who value themselves, their desires, and what they see as fair and just action. We don't need addled children to be supplicants to corporate entities. The suppliers always seek to maximize their returns, to place themselves in the best position, to act upon opportunity and to mitigate weakness. For a consumer to perform the opposite, to curl up into the fetal position and accept any and all things as they come, to not care about the value they receive in their transactions, to be accepting of any and all results and to feel privileged just to have had the opportunity to throw their money away with no belief they have any rights, nor any inclination to believe their peers deserve any themselves, what a poor excuse for a person such sycophantry requires.

I am glad this thread exists, and that at least a few consumers believe that their desires matter a whit.

It does not require bravery to solve a problem placed in front of you. As I stated, the OP is dissatisfied and should definitely receive a refund if he/she is not willing to wait for the patch. There are two ways to go about this. Either deal with your situation and work on making yourself whole -- or spin off on a wild, anger-fueled tantrum, hurling absolute statements and insults at everyone unwilling to humor your stance, and attempt to "change the world".

One of these methods will result in success. The other will not.

Bravery is for those moments when there is something to fear, not something to be upset about. Even then, antagonism and offensiveness do not make one brave. These are simply destructive qualities.

Microsoft and Sony are big and powerful companies, CDPR don't want upset them, that's why they don't release the patch first on PC. Business decision. It's how the gaming industry works.

For what Reason a Statement? Statements from the Devs are useless, the statement from Marcin Momont early this week? Patch notes will be posted "later" this Week is a pure joke!

Dear Marcin, if you tell us "the paying Customers" on Monday or Tuesday, Patch notes will be later this Week, then "later" is Wednesday or Thursday - Friday is already the End of the Week and if we get no Patch notes today and they come Saturday or Sunday (huge if...) then this will be the Weekend and also not "later" this Week.
You are what there at CDPR? Community Manager? So for God sake, MANAGE THE COMMUNITY, give us useful Information’s and overthink your using of the Word "later"!

For what Reason a Statement? Statements from the Devs are useless, the statement from Marcin Momont early this week? Patch notes will be posted "later" this Week is a pure joke!

Dear Marcin, if you tell us "the paying Customers" on Monday or Tuesday, Patch notes will be later this Week, then "later" is Wednesday or Thursday - Friday is already the End of the Week and if we get no Patch notes today and they come Saturday or Sunday (huge if...) then this will be the Weekend and also not "later" this Week.
You are what there at CDPR? Community Manager? So for God sake, MANAGE THE COMMUNITY, give us useful Information’s and overthink your using of the Word "later"!

Don't blame Marcin, he says what CDPR tells him to say, if CDPR told him that later this week we will have patch notes and later CDPR changes that Marcin can't do anything about that. This isn't probably CDPR fault, console certification takes time and money.

---------- Updated at 02:21 PM ----------

In fairness, its probably not all entirely down to the CDPR devs they may of wanted to release the PC patch but somebody from PR prevented them because of the nonsensical accusations made about CDPR favoring the PC over consoles when in reality its the verification process on consoles that slow the patches down. Somebody needed to release a statement saying just that and been done with it not all this hoo-haa its created because of a few whiny console websites.

You're right about that, this is a business/PR decision. They have to deal with microsoft and sony certificstions.

Don't blame Marcin, he says what CDPR tells him to say, if CDPR told him that later this week we will have patch notes and later CDPR changes that Marcin can't do anything about that. This isn't probably CDPR fault, console certification takes time and money.

He´s the Community Manager, if CDPR changes then he have to inform the Community and tell us about it, it´s exact this lack of information thats getting on my nervs, it is his Job to keep us up to date and i even not talking about the Patch itself, i am speaking of the Patchnotes....

@rjrsa

Very good advice, and very good points. It's nice to read some views focused on understanding and solving problems instead of complaining about them.

As a focus for discussion, I don't think that studios withhold information from players because they're afraid of having their game picked apart by the fanbase as much as they are banking on shock value to generate sales at release. It's an old-fashioned approach to marketing a new product. The other problem is that when you sign a contract between companies (like a developer and producer) it almost always comes with these little things called NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreements) attached to...every single little part of the process. And it's like this for all ranges of media. I have worked on software and films in which I have not been allowed to speak to other departments within the same project about what we all worked on that day. It has almost nothing to do with hiding things and everything to do with accountability set up by lawyers.

Modern day systems like Kickstarter and Greenlight, however, are now showing themselves to be far more stable markets to generate revenue before, during, and after the production of a title, as well as amazingly useful feedback throughout the process. My guess is that we'll never live to see the "old ways" go away for good, but the open model will begin becoming the norm even for AAA companies before much longer.

He´s the Community Manager, if CDPR changes then he have to inform the Community and tell us about it, it´s exact this lack of information thats getting on my nervs, it is his Job to keep us up to date and i even not talking about the Patch itself, i am speaking of the Patchnotes....

But if CDPR don't have anything to say and tells him to wait he can't do anything about that. Hes an employee not the owner.

It's normal business, Sony and Microsoft helped with marketing and they don't want their players to be upset. And their certification process takes time, lots of time. This doesn't mean CDPR received money to delay the PC patch but the managers at CDPR and the PR know how upste console palyers were about the PC patch and DLCs being released first and they want to avoid that.

• RED Point
Reactions: Fuz
But if CDPR don't have anything to say and tells him to wait he can't do anything about that. Hes an employee not the owner.

Yep, then you can sit down a Monkey and let him press Buttons who spit out ready-made Phrases....
If there are no Patch notes coming under the course of this Week, then let us know, if the Patch notes coming at the Weekend, let us know and if they coming next Week, LET US KNOW, that’s called communicating with the Community... and "I" think, that’s what he gets payed for....

Guest 3831865

If PC, XB1 and PS4 versions share a large portion of the same code (don't know shit about it, but just assuming so for the sake of making my point):

When 1.07 arrives, despite previously claimed "the patch will be nearly identical for all platforms", if the PC variant contains 4-5 lines of additional fixes to problems that aren't PC exclusive, this whole topic would become completely pointless, because some could say that is the result of this "delay" for the PC.

Carelessly digging up things I've read in the past about this 1.07 patch: "no hold-up", "all hands on deck", "pausing free dlc's for 1.07". "tests are running while console certification are taking place". If all of these statements or gestures from CDPR have absolutely no effect on your opinion about them delaying the PC patch on purpose to please MS and Sony...then tough luck, I guess. Just sit and wait it out a few days, pretend you believe that they are doing their best to please us, even if they delay the PC patch on purpose, it's for the purpose of reducing the wait time for future improvements on the game.

I have the occasional crash here and there. It's annoying, but I can tolerate it.
What I cannot tolerate is the terrible control scheme on Geralt (inertia+he turns like a boat) and the lack of a storage chest.

I have the occasional crash here and there. It's annoying, but I can tolerate it.
What I cannot tolerate is the terrible control scheme on Geralt (inertia+he turns like a boat) and the lack of a storage chest.

Stop making sense !

@Manpants - Dude, really?
First of all, CDPR have released, and do release patches independently for the PC and consoles - i.e patch 1.05 came out on consoles quite a while after we got it.
It's therefore hogwash to say the console patch is holding up the PC patch. If it needs more testing, then it needs testing, there's nothing sinister or nefarious about that.
I am one of the people who's experienced a lot of issues on patch 1.04 ->1.06, and i just dial down my settings until it works.
CDPR isn't BioWare, who never commented much on the abject bugfest that was DA:I and released patch 1.07 only recently, over half a year after the game was initially released, not to mention Batman was so bad, it had to be pulled from the PC shelves, so there's a LOT to be said for a company that wants to test a patch a little more.

Now, I am off to enjoy my Deathmarch walkabout in Velen - and @Manpants - I really hope you find a way to deal with the trauma a lack of patch so obviously is.

I'd say I would like them to show up more in the forum, that way we know they are actually paying attention and not off with the pixies... still waiting on the crash fixes. Zero info on that... not helpful at all, seeing as it has been what over a month now?

When you are in a time-critical emergency situation, and this patch has been treated as such all along, communication to outside parties who are not involved in solving the problem is the lowest priority. Pilots say "aviate, navigate, communicate" to emphasize that communication to outsiders comes last.

All the communication that is necessary or that members are entitled to has been made, so there is no cause for complaint.

Top Bottom