Mod idea - faster Geralt's animations

+
Mod idea - faster Geralt's animations

I think about dodge in the first place but maybe some fight animations also. Witcher should be a lot of faster than normal people. Make dodge animation faster would be very immersive feature.

Also kept thinking about that - he has superhuman reflexes and it is underlined a lot of times in the books (e.g. so and so couldn't keep up with him). I think in 2014 gameplay video as wel as Sword of Destiny trialer he's way more agile and when he puts his guard up he looks more genuine than he does in the retail game.

Yeah, I've the same impression and I think that it is a good example of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdinzNN93-M#t=21m24s
I dont understand a lot of changes made by devs into final game.

Yeah that quick dodge is way better IMO, maybe a bit TOO quick (almost like a teleport, and looks a bit clunky), but still much better. Right now Geralt feels like a slow tank sometimes.

He also seems to attack a bit faster in the demo, though this might just be my imagination...
I'll be very thankful if someone makes this mod!

Last edited:
I think about dodge in the first place but maybe some fight animations also. Witcher should be a lot of faster than normal people. Make dodge animation faster would be very immersive feature.

It's months that i'm saying this! I 100% agree!

Perhaps spending adrenaline/sacrificing adrenaline build up to make enemies appear moving slower for a few sec?
There are great slow-motion mods already but it doesn't make any diffrence beetwen npc's and Geralt's moves. Witchers should be a lot faster than humans and it is idea of that mod request.

I'm fairly sure that they made Geralt slower to make ciri's nimbleness stand out ask the more.

If you ask me I'd cut all Ciri's playable scenes and make them into cutscenes as the devs themselves first intended. By the 3rd act "The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt" becomes "Ciri: this is my story, who cares about some stupid witcher".

erxv

Forum veteran
If you ask me I'd cut all Ciri's playable scenes and make them into cutscenes as the devs themselves first intended. By the 3rd act "The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt" becomes "Ciri: this is my story, who cares about some stupid witcher".

where did you read that they first intended Ciri to be only in cutscenes? ...... The story is supposed to be about Geralt AND Ciri

where did you read that they first intended Ciri to be only in cutscenes? ...... The story is supposed to be about Geralt AND Ciri

The story is supposed to be about Geralt, and it was supposed to be the closing chapter of his adventures. This article http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/15/7394325/witcher-3-playable-character-ciri) doesn't say it exactly but it certaily alludes to it. If she's introduced as the second sorta playable character how fo you think her story was being told before? Hmm, only one thing comes to mind - cutscenes. And to top it all off her scenes are still basically interactive cutscenes which leads me to think that it's be better to just leave her story in cutscenes. I hated playing as her - it was tedious, boring and uninspiring and did nothing to boost your immersion - in fact it did exactly the opposite.

Off-topic: all your posts in other threads make me think that you find no faults in the game and then jump from a thread to thread trying to undermine everybody else's critical opinions. All might be fine and dandy about the game from your point of view but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree with you.

erxv

Forum veteran
The story is supposed to be about Geralt, and it was supposed to be the closing chapter of his adventures. This article http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/15/7394325/witcher-3-playable-character-ciri) doesn't say it exactly but it certaily alludes to it. If she's introduced as the second sorta playable character how fo you think her story was being told before? Hmm, only one thing comes to mind - cutscenes. And to top it all off her scenes are still basically interactive cutscenes which leads me to think that it's be better to just leave her story in cutscenes. I hated playing as her - it was tedious, boring and uninspiring and did nothing to boost your immersion - in fact it did exactly the opposite.

Off-topic: all your posts in other threads make me think that you find no faults in the game and then jump from a thread to thread trying to undermine everybody else's critical opinions. All might be fine and dandy about the game from your point of view but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree with you.

wow..... just wow..... the article says nothing about CDPR intentions for Ciri....... thats the most random leap i have seen..... they just announced that she will be a playable character, nothing more....

Ciri parts are important to the story just so you feel how powerful she really is, something you probably wouldnt get from just cutscenes..... and just because they "break your immeeersion" doesnt mean it does for other players...

How was playing as her tedious? you play as her for max about 30 minutes in the game..... out of the 50-100 you play as Geralt..... i dont get you

Off-topic: how about you stop being such an a@&hole just because someone has a different opinion than you.... i find plenty of faults in the game, dont you worry.... most of those "critical opinions" are baseless.... everyone wants EVERY SINGLE part of the game to be 100% FOR THEM and for them only..... and i critisize that...
all i see you doing on other threads is whining about pretty much every decision CDPR made, like you got some sort of vendetta against them...

Last edited:
wow..... just wow..... the article says nothing about CDPR intentions for Ciri....... thats the most random leap i have seen..... they just announced that she will be a playable character, nothing more....

Ciri parts are important to the story just so you feel how powerful she really is, something you probably wouldnt get from just cutscenes..... and just because they "break your immeeersion" doesnt mean it does for other players...

How was playing as her tedious? you play as her for max about 30 minutes in the game..... out of the 50-100 you play as Geralt..... i dont get you

Off-topic: how about you stop being such an a@&hole just because someone has a different opinion than you.... i find plenty of faults in the game, dont you worry.... most of those "critical opinions" are baseless.... everyone wants EVERY SINGLE part of the game to be 100% FOR THEM and for them only..... and i critisize that...
all i see you doing on other threads is whining about pretty much every decision CDPR made, like you got some sort of vendetta against them...

Man, chill. It's like you're a two year old that was denied a candy or something. The part in bold only strengthens my point - could've been and should've been done with cutscenes.

Last edited:

erxv

Forum veteran
Man, chill. It's like you're a two year old that was denied a candy or something. The part in bold only strengthens my point - could've been and should've been done with cutscenes.

stop with the insults already, it makes your arguments even less valid than they already are....

welp, im glad you are not a game designer...... playing AS Ciri gives much more of an impression of how powerful she is.

There are great slow-motion mods already but it doesn't make any diffrence beetwen npc's and Geralt's moves. Witchers should be a lot faster than humans and it is idea of that mod request.

Exactly. In that 2014 gameplay video Geralt is noticably faster then 4 deserters he's fighting near that ramshackle hut.

---------- Updated at 10:31 AM ----------

Yeah that quick dodge is way better IMO, maybe a bit TOO quick (almost like a teleport, and looks a bit clunky), but still much better. Right now Geralt feels like a slow tank sometimes.

He also seems to attack a bit faster in the demo, though this might just be my imagination...
I'll be very thankful if someone makes this mod!

The attacks DO seem faster and what bugged me through the whole game was that when you hit an enemy with Axii you have no means of getting to him in one move - I couldn't roll forward or the forward roll was way longer than I needed. IMHO there needs to be some quick jump forwardso you could perform a finisher move because with the current system at times the enemies manage to snap out of it before I get a chance to get closer.

erxv

Forum veteran
The attacks DO seem faster and what bugged me through the whole game was that when you hit an enemy with Axii you have no means of getting to him in one move - I couldn't roll forward or the forward roll was way longer than I needed. IMGO there needs to be some quick jump forward tobe able to perform a finisher move because with the current system at times the enemies managed to snap out of it before I got a chance to get closer.

theres a mod, made by yours truly, that increaces the duration of Axii (by about 2-3 times), removes the instakill chance and changes the visual effect

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...mods.com/witcher3/ajax/modfiles/?id=594&pUp=1

removing chance of instakill wasnt intentional, but i think it makes it more balanced. (no more axiing boss lvl enemies and getting free instakills)
(couldnt just change the visual effect cause i dont think they are accessible, i couldnt find them anyway, had to change the whole effect type)

as for the attack speed, yeah i agree with it being a tad faster... i hate it when you are trying to finish of a drowner or w/e and you both start doing the attack animation at the same time and Geralt decides to do the overly long spinning slash (which often gets you hit)

theres a mod, made by yours truly, that increaces the duration of Axii (by about 2-3 times), removes the instakill chance and changes the visual effect

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...mods.com/witcher3/ajax/modfiles/?id=594&pUp=1

removing chance of instakill wasnt intentional, but i think it makes it more balanced. (no more axiing boss lvl enemies and getting free instakills)
(couldnt just change the visual effect cause i dont think they are accessible, i couldnt find them anyway, had to change the whole effect type)

as for the attack speed, yeah i agree with it being a tad faster... i hate it when you are trying to finish of a drowner or w/e and you both start doing the attack animation at the same time and Geralt decides to do the overly long spinning slash (which often gets you hit)

I like that it reintroduces 37min gameplay video's visual effect of Axii but I liked instakill. On a sidenote: had that 2014 gameplay vid never been released we would not have nearly as much gripe with the retail game as we have now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom