A New Saga Begins

+
What I do not understand is, was cyberpunk the death of Red Engine?
I thought after so much bug fixing the New Red Engine would be awesome. so you will ditch it.
Alliance with Epic Games? WTF?
Unreal 5 sure will look awesome but is licensed and of curse not in-house.

Just hope this is way before Geralt and you can make your own Witcher. all the rest is very frightening.

Cool! The Witcher games are the best form of Witcher and I can't wait(i mean, yes, i can wait) for the creative vision to come to life. Good luck!

I think the actual trilogy closed perfectly. It had little problems and even with that, the trilogy was precious. I don't need a new chapter.

We’re happy to announce that the next installment in The Witcher series of video games is currently in development, kicking off a new saga for the franchise.

This is an exciting moment as we’re moving from REDengine to Unreal Engine 5, beginning a multi-year strategic partnership with Epic Games. It covers not only licensing, but technical development of Unreal Engine 5, as well as potential future versions of Unreal Engine, where relevant. We'll closely collaborate with Epic Games’ developers with the primary goal being to help tailor the engine for open-world experiences.

At this point, no further details regarding the game — such as a development time frame or release date — are available.

REDengine, the technology which powers Cyberpunk 2077, is still being used for the development of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 expansion.
My guess would be that the weather is snowy, that is, it can pass in a cold region, if we look carefully at the madalion, it will be compared to 2 things, one of them is the anubis in the Egyptian mythology, that is, the anubis school or the Lynx school.I also think that one can go to the east, that is, to Ofiri, on the map that everyone knows (blue mountains, or after tir torchair mountains) Or even farther from the office, my guess is Geralt's child. It is understood with a letter in Witcher 3 that the experiment performed in the game Loc mienne in Witcher 2 was successful.There were two people, I don't remember their names. (Although the probability of having a Geralt child is very low, I believe it could be me)

My guess would be that the weather is snowy, that is, it can pass in a cold region, if we look carefully at the madalion, it will be compared to 2 things, one of them is the anubis in the Egyptian mythology, that is, the anubis school or the Lynx school.I also think that one can go to the east, that is, to Ofiri, on the map that everyone knows (blue mountains, or after tir torchair mountains) Or even farther from the office, my guess is Geralt's child. It is understood with a letter in Witcher 3 that the experiment performed in the game Loc mienne in Witcher 2 was successful.There were two people, I don't remember their names. (Although the probability of having a Geralt child is very low, I believe it could be me)
Doesn't need to be Geralt's child or anyone related to Geralt. I think that story wrapped up nicely, there's no need to revisit it. Just do a completely new story with a different Witcher.

We’re happy to announce that the next installment in The Witcher series of video games is currently in development, kicking off a new saga for the franchise.

This is an exciting moment as we’re moving from REDengine to Unreal Engine 5, beginning a multi-year strategic partnership with Epic Games. It covers not only licensing, but technical development of Unreal Engine 5, as well as potential future versions of Unreal Engine, where relevant. We'll closely collaborate with Epic Games’ developers with the primary goal being to help tailor the engine for open-world experiences.

At this point, no further details regarding the game — such as a development time frame or release date — are available.

REDengine, the technology which powers Cyberpunk 2077, is still being used for the development of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 expansion.
My guess would be that the weather is snowy, that is, it can pass in a cold region, if we look carefully at the madalion, it will be compared to 2 things, one of them is the Anubis, that means character school name is the Anubis school or the Lynx school. I also think that one can go to the east, that is, to Ofiri, on the map that everyone knows (blue mountains, or after tir torchair mountains) Or even farther from the offiri, my guess character is Geralt's child. It is understood with a letter in Witcher 3 that the experiment performed in the game Loc mienne in Witcher 2 was successful.There were two people, I don't remember their names. (Although the probability of having a Geraltın child is very low, I believe it could be me.) Sorry for my bad English, I'll try to answer if there's anything you don't understand.
Post automatically merged:

Doesn't need to be Geralt's child or anyone related to Geralt. I think that story wrapped up nicely, there's no need to revisit it. Just do a completely new story with a different Witcher

Doesn't need to be Geralt's child or anyone related to Geralt. I think that story wrapped up nicely, there's no need to revisit it. Just do a completely new story with a different Witcher.
I know, but what I'm saying is just a guess, there's a good chance it won't be because CD Project Red didn't confirm this information, in fact they weren't asked.

I am a huge Witcher fan. So much so that I don't actually want CDPR to churn out Witcher games every few years - the games are special and that approach risks diluting them. That said, CDPR are more than capable of making an amazing Witcher game....provided the reasons for doing so are founded on an actual plan, not related to cp2077 - I would hate to thinkt that CDPR are trying to chuck a Witcher game at people to get back in their good books...that won't end well for them.

CDPR always took their time in developing games, which I have always appreciated (and hope that it continues) but, I was always surprised at the amount of bugs that was still contained within their games on release. Perhaps trying to maintain RedEngine was the reason for this and moving to UE5 will give them more breathing space to properly plan and develop.

Good luck team, I hope it ends up being worth the time and effort. Don't rush.

Last edited:
Why are they ditching the Red Engine?
Because it is a bug mess? They lose a lot of time trying to fix it and at the same time technology advances and they have to upgrade it with new tech, adding new bugs, and the cycle continues ad infinitum. Using established and top of the line modern engines is way better.

Let´s summarize: CD-Project totally fails to deliver a reasonable Cyberpunk, running short on money (in the long run as they have no "hot stuff"), their business plans shattered as the second AAA-Title (planned as the successor to Witcher) totally failed, and more important ruining its reputation. Hence, they revive the finished Witcher-franchise to press out as much money as possible by producing a game as cheap as possible (using a already existing engine and a "strategic partner") since that is their only remaining economic ressource (or their ressource with the least risk). If I had to bet, they will present that spoiled brat ciri as the main character - just because it is the easiest thing to do where you have to invest the least amount of work (already known, helps to sell that thing and most people seems to like her, for whatever reason).
As a shareholder, I really appreciate that. Im absolutely sure that ther are enough Idi, ehm i mean not so clever people, out there who will buy everything just because it is called "witcher" (like they bought Cyberpunkt just because CD Project) and hope the stock prices will explode due to another completely dumb hype (just like for Cyberpunk).
As a gamer who played all witcher games, read all books and so on, it is really a shame that CD-Project is, most probably, going to kill the witcher franchise with a lazy, uninspired, and half-hearted game born from the necessity to make somhow fast money...

Last edited:
I’m sure you guys are but ignore all the nonsense and comments from folks talking bout doing anything differently at all. The Witcher vision is and has always been perfect and your real fans are all 100% here for it. Cheers! can’t wait to play the next greatest game of all time in the greatest games of all times saga

Let´s summarize: CD-Project totally fails to deliver a reasonable Cyberpunk, running short on money, their business plans shattered as the second AAA-Title (planned as the successor to Witcher) totally failed, and more important ruining its reputation. Hence, they revive the finished Witcher-franchise to press out as much money as possible by producing a game as cheap as possible (using a already existing engine and a "strategic partner") since that is their only remaining economic ressource (or their ressource with the least risk). If I had to bet, they will present that spoiled brat ciri as the main character - just because it is the easiest thing to do where you have to invest the least amount of work (already known, helps to sell that thing and most people seems to like she, for whatever reason).
As a shareholder, I really appreciate that. Im absolutely sure that ther are enough Idi, ehm i mean not so clever people, out there who will buy everything just because it is called "witcher" (like they bought Cyberpunkt just because CD Project) and hope the stock prices will explode due to another completely dumb hype (just like for Cyberpunk).
As a gamer who played all witcher games, read all books and so on, it is really a shame that CD-Project is, most probably, going to kill the witcher franchise with a lazy, uninspired, and half-hearted game born from the necessity to make somhow fast money...
If you think that Ciri is a spoiled kid, you probably never read the books, where she may be considered the main character, not Geralt.

Top Bottom