About Blood and Wine (SPOILERS)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I know... just felt the need to say it in general. It seams that, these days, no matter what game forum you go on to, people seam to have a hard time accepting stories/character arks sometimes are just over.

Try explaining that to everybody who wants Iorveth and Saskia back :upset:

Try explaining that to everybody who wants Iorveth and Saskia back :upset:

Reminds me of some Dragon Age fans that still expected Duncan to return in Dragon Age, whenever a new DLC, Expansion or new DA game was announced, even though you clearly saw him die very early in DA:O. :D

I wonder if we'll see Gaunter in this other DLC... I mean HoS has a nice foreshadowing in White Orchard but I don't think that there is something simillar for Blood and Wine, so my guess is that O'Dimm will have something to do there too.

Well actually Iorveth in Toussaint have absolutly no sense. Saskia is more easy to explain coz she's a dragon and can fly but, even if i love them too i think maybe they should not make an appearence. Toussaint is not a place for them and i don't really want CDPR make fan service, it's a true way to make things illogical and bad. I'm pretty sure the things we can expect (for almost 100%) is Fringila romance (like in books), new architecture more medieval and chevalry orientend, noble court and aristocratie(wine) and vampires (blood). But after that i would like to see more monsters like alpir or bruxae, Striga,Garkain,manticore, devourer, kikimore... (and so on more witcher contracts), Emiel Régis, more secundary quest and more adventure. CDPR have make this game fucking amazing, i have the feeling to be reading a book with the amazing narration of the game, all the things we can do.. A book in an adventure i won't to leave (i haven't finish Witcher 3 coz of this... i don't want to finish this amazing universe). I expect Blood and Wine to add more and more adventure and stuff. Considering amazing heart of stone and core game i have no doubt i would be a great adventure.

Last edited:
You've followed just one path of the DLC ending , haven't you?

I mean, in one of the endings there are no last words at all; not saying he won't be back at 100%, but seems quite unlikely so basing another DLC on him which could be gone for good in one of the endings seems weird to me.

You've got a point there. I also don't believe he would reappear as such a major character as he was in HoS....but maybe some kind of appearance. :D Though a minor role wouldn't suit him, as he's such an interesting character....hmm...difficult to say.

If it is unrelated to the Wild Hunt, I don't see a reason why it couldn't be post-game then. HoS was already unrelated to it, even playable after finishing the main story and Toussaint is, as many already pointed out, even far away from the original game and far away from war.

I think it is most likely we will see another story in the form of a short story.

Though I would probably sacrifice a goat or two, if they integrate "Something ends, something begins" into it...

and give Fringilla more than 2 sentences. She looked like she lost her heart and tongue since last time.

It was the bodies that determined the Witchers path. He'd encountered the first drowned in a village pond two days ago but took it for no more than the common occurrence of a younger noble son learning the hard way about the proper attire for a hard nights hard drinking.

The next before nightfall as short and sudden lightning led to a distant hilltop where a grim statue of a man stood where he fell, struck thrice, his own mundane spears clutched futilely in one hand.

Then yesterday, by a dark lake under a ruined tower another, this time flesh - but only flesh - burnt to a crisp, his obviously cared for gear spotless. He'd expected the fourth an hour earlier than the actual find, and the uncooperative forest wouldn't let him close to the scene, this time a victim of what appeared to be... greenery, the body impaled with the bole of a maturing willow, rising up from below through his own trunk where it branched out mercilessly, the violence of the event evidenced by the young trees weeping gore, flesh rubbed all over.

It was the bodies that had determined the Witchers path, as always, although if anyone asked he was following the code, and to be precise he was aware it wasn't every body that would turn his course but the escalation to multiple corpses motivated him more often than not, even if they are knights. So one drunken young noble vainly flaunting his full plate on a bender ending his night hooded in a pond hadn't been enough to get his attention, not his problem, but a second fully armoured battler bronzed on a hillside, then a third baked and a fourth raked, suggests something more than ergot in the local ale.

It was a cold watchful camp nearby that left this morning none the wiser as to what had befallen the knights, and Knights Errant he judged them now indeed, for the Witcher was well aware his path had been drawing towards Toussaint, with Cervantes Pass now ahead, and whatever the gruesome signposts on the journey portend for the future, the Suns rays, fine wine and pungent cheese in this oddball land is a certainty. His mind relaxed in anticipation, his concerns diffused like the Bees around his head, as he set off at no great pace into the mornings cleansing mist.

It was the bodies that determined the Witchers path, so he told himself, so he thought, so he wanted, he was the Master of his own destiny, but he knew this time for sure, it wasn't true.

Apologies, don't know where that came from, other than inspired by the nightfishing in this thread ;)

But now I'm tired... hey, its not a forum game if you just let the tumbleweed roll ! Taxi !

if CDPR is still working out on the story for B&W, i really wish it would be set after the ending of Wild Hunt.

that way they can flesh out more on what the rest of characters are doing after the war is over instead of just leaving us Geralt all by himself in Kaer Morhen :sad pepe:

plus i'm packing all these nifty runewords in my gear but i don't have any more bosses left to fight. :D

Guest 3782876

As this expansion takes place in a different region of which we already have in the Wild Hunt, I imagine that will follow the structure of the ''tale'' like the last wish book for example, no connection to the main quest. Maybe they resolved to change that, if the expansion is after the end of the Wild Hunt will be interesting, but I find it hard, this is a place that CD Projekt Red does not want to enter.

Blood and Wine.It may have something to do with the curse.I always wondering why in HoS there is a mentioning that Toad Prince likes the mix of blood and alcho
Is this because he likes to drink before he turns or is this a hidden hint in HoS to whisper what is coming in B&W.Toad prince is a cursed creature that can be lifted.
Anyway be careful what you wish for in B&W.For there may be consequences.:smiling2:

Last edited:
I really don't get how people can love Iorveth so much that they'd like to see him return. Just don't get it.

And how this post usefull, or interesting to anyone?
Just don t get it. o_O
About as interesting as yours Id say. Its his opinion and credit to him for sharing it.
As long as its big Im happy. I fully trust CDPR to make it awesome. Oh and a new world-map is a must of course. A BIG new map

Recommended level for Blood and Wine?

I finished HoS at level 40. I have not done NG+ and don't intend to. Since we did not get a lot of experience in Hearts of Stone expansion, would it be fair to think that levels 35-45 would be the levels for Blood and Wine?

Be nice to get a hint from the devs so I can prepare my character now when I'm familiar with the game and have it all set up ready to go in Q2 2016.

My bet is that BaW will start at 38. I think logically any player that's finished the main game and HoS should at least leveled up to 36-38. However, is it prerequisite that to play BaW you need to have played HoS? Or is it possible to buy and play BaW without HoS? If its the latter, I can see it being an issue for players who only bought BaW, so the devs would have to make the recommended level much lower, like 34-35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom