Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the revisioning and cutting of features is part of the process. But this is just a severe case imo to the point that world encounters like Brendan, Skippy and the monks are too few and far between. Hand counted compared to the many multi-colored situations Geralt was thrown in in TW3. Many attractive locations remain unutilized here and most of it boils down to environmental storytelling. After you kill stuff or find dead stuff, you just read the shards to get the context.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Planescape: Torment. Not the best if you like party fighting, but it is the gold standard of how to tell a story. No, I don't really know what is main quest and what is side quest, not with any kind of accuracy. Do note that the game is very old and intensely text-based.

And for me, it is also the gold standard of game atmosphere. I have *never*, in some twenty odd years of playing games instead of having a sensible social life, felt the same way about a game world that I did with PST. It is mind-blowingly good. As good as a game of that era can be, anyway. Tech was limited, hardware was limited, and Black Isle Studio wasn't a big player.

You want another "actually good RPG", there's always Fallout 2. If you want more action-heavy combat-oriented adventury titles then Gothic 2 and for a more modern repeat of largely the same type of gameplay, Risen 1.

Kotor, even Fallout New Vegas, Baldurs gate, the new Divinities. But that is just a matter of taste. And the things he stated weren't too much to ask for an RPG in my opinion. Because they already made this in all of their Witcher games.

Thanks guys, played all of them except for Risen, so I'm well aware of what those games have to offer. PST is my favourite game of all time, for that matter. Still wouldn't say it has half the features from that list. Cheers!

There are major things cut from the game after the 2018 Demo that were still being showcased as huge parts, especially the dynamic AI they were promising which was still being talked about since mid-2020 in interviews. Focusing on the 2018 demo distracts the narrative from what are clearly problems that exist independent of it and persisted afterward. I mean calling out the fake insider is one thing, but choosing to essentially handwave the rest of these abrupt changes - excepting the ones they noted were scrapped like wall-running, etc. - really doesn't help those of us who still want to believe they can be transparent about this.

The game has as much RPG value as Mass Effect series, Dragon age series , Shadow run series , and the Witcher Series
Yes but who are in denial? that is a subjective opinion as well

I believe its the one complaining about "software broken it won't un on my pc" " not a rpg" " false advertising" " lied" and then keep posting you tube videos feeding on all the hate for clicks and views and stuck on all the media form 2018 - December 2020 when everything up to December 10th was subject to change

In my view They are the ones in denial refuse to believe the game is NOT as bad as some say. Ad summarily dismiss all the good ratings the "pc" version has received.

The game has as much RPG value as Mass Effect series, Dragon age series , Shadow run series , and the Witcher Series

Also this.

totally agree I posted this in another thread with the source quote ( too the source quote out here because it was redundant) .

This seems to validate the view I have been expressing above, stated form Dev
Adam Badowski

Those people are not in denial. The game IS broken, full of bugs and glitches, and most aspects of it are mediocre at best.

Adam is completely wrong, even if they fix the bugs, this game is still a 7/10.

The quantity of "cut content" is way too much, and saying that its "normal" to cut something during production, at this point, after they made so many promises, is just decieving your costumers.

Beside, this game doesn't even came close to the level of those others RPGs you mention.

Let's be honest... This game is not that bad but neither is a good one.

badowski prolly has no other choice than telling this.

what we dont know yet is what exactly happened between him and the leaving devs in the moment badowski took over design lead.

in such company fights alot emotions usually break lose.

micromanagement is death for creative emoloyees, if the leaving developers where angry of their work being changed, it can be they deleted parts of the data before leaving the company.

but is only speculation.

we would need to hear the devs and mr badowski version,

maybe they have to tell in lawcourt soon.

Cp2077 was originally envisioned as a 3rd person action RPG. The moment Mr. Adam badowski takes the helm as creative director in 2016, all the original ideas and work done up to that point get scrapped creating the first fracture internal in CDPR.
But, after that episode, the development didn't go smooth either, if we have to believe the rumors of a second (less dramatic) reboot in early 2018.

What is missing and the ultimate state of the game is a consequence of one bad creative decision after another; There's no 'cut content' in itself (if not some rushed areas) but rather content and mechanics that were progressively simplified till CP20// is no longer the touted action RPG promised originally, but an open world looter shooter with a somewhat decent story and far too many 'capture the outpost' style of sidequests.

So I see this more as a personal failure of the creative director and his directive team. Second, but not less important factor in the spectacular backlash that followed, is the role of the so called game journalist, influencers and YouTube personalities. All of them failed at their jobs the moment CDProjekt gave them them them chairs, statues and branded jackets. [...]

I do honestly believe its all there to take this great game and make it amazing. I'm not sure if cdpr would think itd worth it. But it could remain profitable at the same time while it works toward MP.

The basic rule is if something is take away something should be given instead.
Here many things were cut, and few were added in their place.

Next thing is that it’s not possible to use the same marketing for advertisement and later for saying that well it was just advertisement, carry on.

This is making fool of customers twice, first time in a bad fashion because people will feel cheated, second one in the terrible because now it is suggesting that customers are just dumb and can’t make up their own mind and need to be taught how they should feel about product that they bought (based on the advertisement).

What I learned during this month is that the game will be polished and bug fixed JUST TO BE PUBLISHED AGAIN ON THE PS4 but nothing of the promises will be into the game anymore.

One, because it requires MONEY.
Two, because it requires TIME.

CDProjekt has a great roadmap they have to stick on, and then move on the rest which is dlc, multiplayer....

They cant fix the game as we expect and has been promised, they just cant now.

Thats why every time a new statement comes out, it says "oh the game is epic, we did a great job, we are PROUD of the PC version", cause their priority is to focus just on bugs.

Last edited:
Well, they released a totally bugged and unplayable game to hit the christmas sales, but told us everything is gold, complete and so on. I have a hard time to believe someone out of the decisions makers now saying, that there is no cut content and so on. Not to forget that there are many sites that downrated the game after testing the last-gen version.

I mean, he can't tell us the truth anyways, CDPR is in full damage control mode.

I am not sure if Adam Badowski is ready to handle a project like CP77 and the community behind it.

I think it's much to big for him.
I don't think that he's the only person that has responsibility.

I think they need to decide to fight the shit storm in a more serious way.
  • Accept to fail. There are no mountains without a valley. Be proud that you failed. (even if you didn't try your best.)
  • Realign marketing resources and let the world be part of the progress.
    • "Inside CDPR"
      • Interviews with employees, giving more detailed information of
        • what went wrong.
        • what they are currently working at, after the launch
          • A day in the office of employee xyz
          • Showcase of specific working situations / work in progress

Last edited:
I, for one, feel used and betrayed. Way back when (when, supposedly they were switching teams from TW3 to CP2077), I said that I would not buy this game. It looked liked it wasn't for me, then the hype train started moving. Not much between late 2016 - early 2018, save for the few snippets of moving of Devs from TW3 to CP2077. Then E3 2018 Hits and I watch the entire 48 minutes of the demo watermarked about the end product does not reflect when we are seeing (a paraphrase). I got my youngest excited about it, hell I was excited for it. When it was up for grabs, I got the XB1 Collector's Edition pre-ordered. I was so ready to dive into this world.

Fast forward to today, I'm upset that a game developer, that I was calling one of the tops if not the top company out there. Now I have to retrace my actions and words and tell friends that we have been duped. There will not be any cut content added,
no fixed to the ambush or police system repaired. Well some of this be fixed or returned? that's a big, fat IDK. For the first time, I can't trust CDPR, the company that I was loyal to, the one I held above all others,

All this is my opinion and is no way tied to any statement that has not been released.

I disagree and again what some may consider " valid" others may not.

I praise Adam for standing up and reminding everyone that they are " mistaken" in regards to some of the claims that have been made.

Him citing the 9 out 10 reviews and pretending the PC version is a masterpiece is what I really did not like with his statement.

Because it basiclly shows an unwillingness to accept that there are other problems with the game besides bugs and the console version not working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom