And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don`t want to use my opinion of "skill" to define it for the whole playerbase. I asked a genuine question: why do you think gwent beta needed a higher level of "skill" to play (successfully; higher winrate; whatever) than homecoming?
Only because we are used to some gameplay mechanics doesn`t mean that everything else is sh** .
So please answer with an open mind.
Thanks in advance.

I think the real reason is that old Gwent has more tutor card than HC, so player can get their answer whenever they like, that's why i love Old Gwent over the RNG-Fest Hearthstone.

BTW, Does anyone here RE-INSTALL the game?! (just asking!!)

I think the real reason is that old Gwent has more tutor card than HC, so player can get their answer whenever they like, that's why i love Old Gwent over the RNG-Fest Hearthstone.

BTW, Does anyone here RE-INSTALL the game?! (just asking!!)

There is something to be said about utility focused cards. I'd also say something in regards to advantage (specifically card advantage) but that's besides the point.

Yes, I re-installed the game. I'm still not happy with it, but if Gwent has one redeeming quality, it is the artwork (which I enjoy looking at). If this is what you were asking,

@Vaerynn there is many thing else but i just love the tutor machenic the most.
Remember the time 1 ultimate Cahir single-handedly win you round 3.
Cahir > Calviet > Triss Tele > ointment > Vico-No > ointment > Viper your opponent big unit or another Vico-No > mahakam ale and pull out the Roach you bring back by Assire in Roung 2, Oh and to top all that, Calviet was buffed by mandrake in round 1.
All that setup in round 1, bleeding to the last card in round 2, and cahir round 3, what is more strategic than that?!
Man, all that with just 1 tutor.

Last edited:
Cahir > Calviet > Triss Tele > ointment > Vico-No > ointment > Viper your opponent big unit or another Vico-No > mahakam ale and pull out the Roach you bring back by Assire in Roung 2, Oh and to top all that, Calviet was buffed by mandrake in round 1.
All that setup in round 1, bleeding to the last card in round 2, and cahir round 3, what is more strategic than that?!
That was broken as f**k and is one thing I'm glad is gone.

I also do not like Homecomming. Old Gwent gave me a lot of joy - I spent a lot of hours playing it , reaching level 100. . Now the game is boring, slow and very readable. The best conclusion was delivered by LifeCoach.

For me - one of the best games ever was destroyed and replaced by some boring one.

Honestly as much as I love a well placed tutor such as double cross, the cahir chain has made me rage quit. That type of tutoring needed toned down. It was cool but insane

That was broken as f**k and is one thing I'm glad is gone.

That could be played around. Win round 1 and force him to use Cahyr in R2 (or, if he doesn't have it, it's totally possible to 2-0). Banish Calveit. Pass R1 early, get CA in R2 (alchemy is forced to play R2 to fill their graveyard) and use your own high-tempo finisher.

And how is the new Cahyr more balanced? Unless you have high damage removal (Cahyr is usually played along with another card via Calveit), lock, scorch/gigni or reset, you are screwed. And even if you do have one of this things, there's also Regis to take care of.

You right, it's broken so it's needed to be balanced not wiped out like HC did to tutor.
the moment someone strengthens Calveit you know his/her entire gameplan.
and you may make an educated guess what card he will play next after placing Calveit round 1. what do you do to stop it? drop on the ground and start raging rhaaa
Post automatically merged:

I unistalled the game two days ago mainly for one reason: the lack of fun.
I always loved old Gwent, playing games was fast paced and rewarding both in victory and defeats. I really liked the fact that almost every card in your deck was contributing to a certain strategy. It was a clash of plans: would I be able to develope my strategy while containing opponent's one, I would almost certainly win. Playing against different archetypes gave the game a lot of longevity because even if you used always the same deck you had to play differently in every matchup.
Now though, archetypes are dumbed down, value cards without synergies trumps like Witchers, Roach, Wolfbane, artifacts even after the nerf and low provision cards that you are forced to put but don't contribute to a strategy. Matchups seems more decisive in determining who will win a game to the point where winning doesn't feel rewarding because it's often the deck that win or lose and not your choices.
I don't know for how long I will stay away from the game but I hope something is done in the next patch especially regarding archetypes and the fact that playing units is terrible with all control options.

After Homecoming update, I hate gwent, I have no longer any desire to play it, and I want to play it. For me it feels as this update was pretentious (I know what, lets add all this shit instead of just improving what they already had). The visuals were good enough, you have amazing card animations. Just balance the game and maybe add new mechanic.
But no, change everything so that all those hours spent become worthless.

I unistalled the game two days ago mainly for one reason: the lack of fun.
I always loved old Gwent, playing games was fast paced and rewarding both in victory and defeats. I really liked the fact that almost every card in your deck was contributing to a certain strategy. It was a clash of plans: would I be able to develope my strategy while containing opponent's one, I would almost certainly win. Playing against different archetypes gave the game a lot of longevity because even if you used always the same deck you had to play differently in every matchup.
Now though, archetypes are dumbed down, value cards without synergies trumps like Witchers, Roach, Wolfbane, artifacts even after the nerf and low provision cards that you are forced to put but don't contribute to a strategy. Matchups seems more decisive in determining who will win a game to the point where winning doesn't feel rewarding because it's often the deck that win or lose and not your choices.
I don't know for how long I will stay away from the game but I hope something is done in the next patch especially regarding archetypes and the fact that playing units is terrible with all control options.

Personally I think they need to take the whole thing offline in December, restructure/improve the Gwent Beta and bring it back. Then charge $5-$10 for the game we all tested. Most would be so grateful we'd pay, plus it would be cheaper than Artefact.

There is no 'fixing' this crap they made. Too much of it is bad, so fixing it properly would require more or less a re-write.....but they already have a decent, functioning game in pre-HC Gwent. From any perspective, financially, emotionally, practically, they really do have just two options. Update and bring back the game that is ACTUALLY Gwent, or let this mess continue and destroy their online community and any future earnings from it. Their rep has taken a hit - bitter pill to swallow, but if I was CEO of CDPR, I'd already have told Burza to get Gwent back online.

That could be played around. Win round 1 and force him to use Cahyr in R2 (or, if he doesn't have it, it's totally possible to 2-0). Banish Calveit. Pass R1 early, get CA in R2 (alchemy is forced to play R2 to fill their graveyard) and use your own high-tempo finisher...
Are you serious bro?

Are you serious bro?

I had no trouble against alchemy using these decks:

- Eithne Shupe (Aglais is MVP, Brouver/Hattori also provides a lot of tempo, artifact compression worth a lot of points and removes targets for ointments, Shupe mage can win you the game single-handedly by casting weather, drawing a card or stealing a buffed unit)
- Foltest Knight-Elects (knights were killed by the witchers, but my witchhunters reset his buffed units, and Dijkstra provided tempo)
- Veterans with Birna (because 90% of alchemy decks didn't have weather clears)
- Harald Axemen (it was always fun to watch alchemy players passing with +2 CA to get destroyed in a long round).
- Tempo-reveal Calveit with Letho and Regis (since alchemy has high str units)
- Swim's big monsters with Imlerith: Sabbath (Imlerith was usually killed, but ghouls, Toad and Ozzrel provided a lot of tempo)

I am talking about high level ranks, 3900+ MMR

I didn't play autopilot decks like greatswords and consume, but I imagine consume also didn't have much trouble unless NG was very lucky (has mandrake in hand, shuffles it back with Assire, replays with Vesemir). And alchemy-GS match ups were determined by how many witchers NG draws to kill greatswords and ships.

Come to think of it, I listed 8 competitive decks that can be used to get at least rank 20. How many good decks are there in HC, eh?

I had no trouble against alchemy using these decks:

- Eithne Shupe (Aglais is MVP, Brouver/Hattori also provides a lot of tempo, artifact compression worth a lot of points and removes targets for ointments, Shupe mage can win you the game single-handedly by casting weather, drawing a card or stealing a buffed unit)
- Foltest Knight-Elects (knights were killed by the witchers, but my witchhunters reset his buffed units, and Dijkstra provided tempo)
- Veterans with Birna (because 90% of alchemy decks didn't have weather clears)
- Harald Axemen (it was always fun to watch alchemy players passing with +2 CA to get destroyed in a long round).
- Tempo-reveal Calveit with Letho and Regis (since alchemy has high str units)
- Swim's big monsters with Imlerith: Sabbath (Imlerith was usually killed, but ghouls, Toad and Ozzrel provided a lot of tempo)

I am talking about high level ranks, 3900+ MMR

I didn't play autopilot decks like greatswords and consume, but I imagine consume also didn't have much trouble unless NG was very lucky (has mandrake in hand, shuffles it back with Assire, replays with Vesemir). And alchemy-GS match ups were determined by how many witchers NG draws to kill greatswords and ships.

Come to think of it, I listed 8 competitive decks that can be used to get at least rank 20. How many good decks are there in HC, eh?

Yeah, loved a good Shupe deck, me. Comfortably 19 or 20 each season with a ST Shupe deck, in a variety of ways, because it was balanced, could control, or tempo, and Shupe gave you that potential for spawning weather everywhere or getting CA in R3. Smiling thinking about it.

Always enjoyed Sabbath. Sure, you always put it down and hoped there was no mandrake (or SURPRISE...renew!!).

Then I think about HC.......blackness descending......red mist rising..... lol

Personally I think they need to take the whole thing offline in December, restructure/improve the Gwent Beta and bring it back. Then charge $5-$10 for the game we all tested. Most would be so grateful we'd pay, plus it would be cheaper than Artefact.

There is no 'fixing' this crap they made. Too much of it is bad, so fixing it properly would require more or less a re-write.....but they already have a decent, functioning game in pre-HC Gwent. From any perspective, financially, emotionally, practically, they really do have just two options. Update and bring back the game that is ACTUALLY Gwent, or let this mess continue and destroy their online community and any future earnings from it. Their rep has taken a hit - bitter pill to swallow, but if I was CEO of CDPR, I'd already have told Burza to get Gwent back online.
The problem is they are the most arrogant design team I have ever seen in 35 years of gaming. They wont admit they messed up. I would buy this version even though I've spent enough on it already. I don't want to see it go.

Well, I don`t want to use my opinion of "skill" to define it for the whole playerbase. I asked a genuine question: why do you think gwent beta needed a higher level of "skill" to play (successfully; higher winrate; whatever) than homecoming?
Only because we are used to some gameplay mechanics doesn`t mean that everything else is sh** .
So please answer with an open mind.
Thanks in advance.

Wait.. who are you replying to?

It wasn't me.jpg

I used to love GWENT, and I feel the same as you do, although maybe not to the same extent.

I think the graphics are amazing now, and they've added some cool stuff, like the tutorial, and the faction reward map thingy. However, I really dislike that they've changed every aspect of game play. The turns feel long and monotonous, no strategies that were once viable are anything even close to usable, and I just don't feel good about this game update. I'll try it for another week or so, but if it doesn't get better, I'll probably uninstall. This honestly saddens me, as I used to often play this game over Skype with my close friend who lives in a different province, and who I hardly see anymore. Either way, I'll keep up to date with the developments, and see if it's ever worth coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom