And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in this thread, mostly only two or three-month players or just registered in the forum defend hc game and are against Gwent veterans?
What do you expect? somehow I start siding with the Beta players? It is getting very very very tiresome watching all these veteran players complain all the time wanting their precious game back. Most are saying they are not playing the game anymore, so what is the point ?

because they actually enjoy HC and r sick of whining all over this thread?

btw is ~2,5 months after HC droped and y'all still cant get over it???
... Most are saying they are not playing the game anymore, so what is the point ?
The point for me is, I was staying first of all because I am in this forum for 2 years now, part of the community. Than there is the part where I stick cause I am (was?) expecting some changes that I will enjoy with the game. Instead I've been bitch-slapped after bitch-slapped after bitch-slapped in the face and than laughed at with literally each and every new announcement.

Pardon me for being sour and negative all the time.

The point for me is, I was staying first of all because I am in this forum for 2 years now, part of the community. Than there is the part where I stick cause I am (was?) expecting some changes that I will enjoy with the game. Instead I've been bitch-slapped after bitch-slapped after bitch-slapped in the face and than laughed at with literally each and every new announcement.

Pardon me for being sour and negative all the time.
Unfortunately, none of the new players like me can relate. I did not even play Gwent in the Witcher game so I have no idea about what was it like and how different it is now. As I said, you guys have to accept that at least for the foreseeable future, the game you knew and played is gone. I highly doubt they will go back to the pre-HC version.

It seems that the quality of the discussion (and the lack of value therein) is steadily dropping. If you've got nothing significant to add to the current discussion, then please refrain from adding more oil to the fire just for the sake of watching the thread burn (it being a hot topic and all).

You compare the last month of a beta, which got stale after 6 months without any changes, to a fundamental new game were all people have to find themself again. Of course you see it this way then. Because you never experienced the good days of beta, which would be pre-Midwinter over 1 year back then.

Actually, the beta wasn't stale even during the last 6 months with no updates. Greatswords still had the highest winrate, but many new competitive decks emerged during that period.

For instance, Foltest with redanian elites and witchhunters, tempo reveal Kalveit with Letho and Regis, dwarves anti-GS control deck (with Ida, Triss, Ithlinne and thunders). Sure, some were reivented versions of old decks, but it's kinda hard to come up with entirely new decks with a limited amount of cards, innit?

But overall there were over 20 (twenty!) rank 20/21 viable decks equally distributed across all 5 factions. I already made a post with a list. It's a shame we no longer have a public data from gwentup with winrates.

How many top tier decks are there in HC? Around 8-10?

Why in this thread, mostly only two or three-month players or just registered in the forum defend hc game and are against Gwent veterans?

I defend it because I like it the way it is, my personal understanding is that this is the way they decided to go, which they also said, that no big revolutions will happen in the future.
To this I say ok, well what are you guys working on then, this? alright here is my feedback. With other words, i'm playing the game and thus I can react on recent changes. What you guys do is basically the opposite, without even playing the game you require that they destroy all their previous work, and revert it to pre-midwinter.

Actually, the beta wasn't stale even during the last 6 months with no updates. Greatswords still had the highest winrate, but many new competitive decks emerged during that period.

For instance, Foltest with redanian elites and witchhunters, tempo reveal Kalveit with Letho and Regis, dwarves anti-GS control deck (with Ida, Triss, Ithlinne and thunders). Sure, some were reivented versions of old decks, but it's kinda hard to come up with entirely new decks with a limited amount of cards, innit?

But overall there were over 20 (twenty!) rank 20/21 viable decks equally distributed across all 5 factions. I already made a post with a list. It's a shame we no longer have a public data from gwentup with winrates.

How many top tier decks are there in HC? Around 8-10?

20 top tier decks in beta Gwent? :confused:

To be fair, we have now way less cards than before, by the end of the month we will get the new leaders and afterwards the 100 card expansion, and more decks will arise.

But geeze, some people are really overstimating beta Gwent, the last year playing pro rank was boring as hell, always the same 4 guys, with the same 4 decks, I was playing there the minimum for keeping the rank, and playing regular ranked trying to achieve rank 21 for fun. Something had to be done, the game was moving to a real dead end.

without even playing the game you require that they destroy all their previous work, and revert it to pre-midwinter.

Erm, they've already destroyed their previous work. Nobody is asking to bring the old Gwent, we all understand it's not gonna happen.

What we ask is to finally listen to the community. And there're many solid ideas for improving HC (including videos from FreddyBabes, KBT, McBeard and other streamers who still play Gwent).

Perhaps new mulligan rules is a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately, none of the new players like me can relate. I did not even play Gwent in the Witcher game so I have no idea about what was it like and how different it is now. As I said, you guys have to accept that at least for the foreseeable future, the game you knew and played is gone. I highly doubt they will go back to the pre-HC version.
New to the game then? What do you like about it?

Welcome to HC!

As you said. You can't relate to any of the people talking about GWENT.

Erm, they've already destroyed their previous work. Nobody is asking to bring the old Gwent, we all understand it's not gonna happen.
I do want old gwent back. But this is just a short version of my wish-to-change-list.
Then we must have played different Versions, I dropped out about 2 months after Midwinter, because i only faced the same in of decks or disliked the overhaul concept of it. And i played in the section of Rank 8-12, because i didnt played enough to keep my rank from before. I stepped in later again for a couple of games, but i didnt saw any changes in my oppponenets decks.
If i dont face different decks even in the section were they should swarm around, i think its pretty stale.

What do you expect? somehow I start siding with the Beta players? It is getting very very very tiresome watching all these veteran players complain all the time wanting their precious game back. Most are saying they are not playing the game anymore, so what is the point ?
Not all of us. Far from it. I play Gwent since day one of CB and I still like the game very much now.
As for those who complain and moan, what else do they have left? I mean, the reasonable thing would be accepting the reality and moving on. But that's their choice and they have a right to do so.

Welcome to Gwent!
Post automatically merged:

I'm as far as you can go with "veteran" here and I side with new players on this matter. How does that work for you?

Last edited:
Sometimes it really frustrates me when reading through the comments and find how they resemble closely to Reddit. I don't have an account of any that sort because I never see any merit in bickering or squabbling. It is perfectly fine that you support something that others are against. But IT IS A PROBLEM, none other than yours, to attack the act of support or protest. If you find disagreement irritable or annoying, it is best for you to step away from the computer for a moment to divert your attention to other things and relax.

New players are welcomed. And I understand that you cannot relate to any of it that we are saying here. It is impossible for you to know something that you can never experience. However, acting like you know it all, fuming at others just for the reason that they don't like what you like, is highly inappropriate and childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom