Anybody else think VGX 2013 was pathetic ?

+
Rodrigo92 said:
What?
I watched a Joel VGX montage and he was the only good thing in the whole show.

Taking things sarcastically, not taking it seriously. Jeoff just couldn't lay back and roll with him.

I dont understand all this " VGX is a serious thing!Us gamers must unite and show ourself as serious business!Videogames are serious business!"

So TLDR : Joel was the only good thing from the show , saving it from being a corporate marketing asskissing fest, bringing the required humor and sarcasm.

"Humor"

Aver

Forum veteran
Smintheus said:
pathetic? i don't know how much EA payed to make such a show but ea better quits the show business for the good of gaming sector.

It wasn't EA's show. It was Spike's show.

Rodrigo92 said:
What?
I watched a Joel VGX montage and he was the only good thing in the whole show.

Taking things sarcastically, not taking it seriously. Jeoff just couldn't lay back and roll with him.

I dont understand all this " VGX is a serious thing!Us gamers must unite and show ourself as serious business!Videogames are serious business!"

So TLDR : Joel was the only good thing from the show , saving it from being a corporate marketing asskissing fest, bringing the required humor and sarcasm.

I don't like his sense of humor then... and I'm pretty sarcastic myself ;] .

Senteria said:
Which chatroom? The only chatroom I know of is always empty.

Reptile made a temporary chatroom, it was quite fun!

It helped having company while our neurons got obliterated by VGX.

Kindo said:
It has always been pathetic, hasn't it?

I have to say that they are now going in the right direction, much better than the past VGAs, but still .... They need a lot of work to do if they want to make it the videogame awards that they "hopefully" are aiming for :p/>/>

Agent_Blue

Shawnkh said:
I personally believe it was pathetic and an insult to all of us gamers. First of all the clown Joel, that made fun of everyone including gamers, seemed to not even care about games. This is a serious show for gamers and this guy pissed all over the show and gamers. Then those rappers or whatever which I don't want to think about. The only good portions for me were The Witcher trailer, Dying Light gameplay, and Joel and Edward accepting the awards.
I thought it was a disgrace to our community.

I thought it was dreadful.
The production values matched those of amateur theatre. Questions asked ranged from silly to irrelevant, back to silly. The humour, surely, was borrowed from a compilation of Balckadder's scrapbooks. The show had no structure and no audience, which made for some incredibly awkward lone hand-clapping moments.

Having said all this, it was no disgrace to what you call «community». There was nothing disgraceful per se there. Pretty awful, but not disgraceful.

To me, Joel looked like the kid forced by his parents to attend Sunday church service. He looked and behaved as though bored to death.

I sincerely hope Geoff rethinks the entire show from the ground up.

Apart from the TW trailer, the highlight of the entire evening was the TW chat room, for sure. Had a blast.

You know what could of made it better? And I've also said this in the chat room. John Mamais.

DamarielAlunnar said:
I don't like his sense of humor then... and I'm pretty sarcastic myself ;] .

I'm not even sure his "genre" of "funny" could be called sarcasm, kind of a slap to those of us who revel in real sarcasm. Douchebaggery would be more appropriate a title for him. Just the bits I watched from Angry Joe made me want to smash my screen.

I don't know guys.. You gotta love Joel.. Sure he is a doucebag, too sarcastic(in a point when it's just being an ass), unprofessional, spitting in the well that he drinks from kind of jerk... But he made really good train whreck kind of moments! I watched some of what he did in the Angry Joe video, and I just laughed... It felt just like watching Jeff from Community all over again

He did! But it doesn't mean it wasn't funny... But the problem is he made it really boring! He saved it from being a "asskissing" fest like Rodrigo92 said.. But he ruined it and made it just "let's make fun of the other host for being canadain". VGX in a summary was: "What games do you like? You must hate every game, say something, now let my interrupt you, you should add another layer of jackets, what camera do I speak to? It doesn't matter. Oh oops I just said your lines. Oops I did it again, nevermind! Trailers! Trailers! Let's see trailers! That was a trailer.. Finally a game that is fun! Dying light! *Claps while being sarcastic and bored* You are a canadian."
It's funny if you think about it... Not if you are Geoff... But yes if you are an audience

Top Bottom