Anybody else think VGX 2013 was pathetic ?

+
I suffered through that horrible mess just to see the Witcher 3 trailer. Apart from the trailers, the rest was as bad as it gets.

Not sure if this is targeted at NA and we Europeans somehow don't get it, but the whole show was really painful to watch.

den1al said:
I suffered through that horrible mess just to see the Witcher 3 trailer. Apart from the trailers, the rest was as bad as it gets.

Not sure if this is targeted at NA and we Europeans somehow don't get it, but the whole show was really painful to watch.

From what I've seen, liking it or disliking it isn't linked to where you live.

I just watched the Angry Joe response. They should get him as co-presenter next year.

Saoe said:
If not for Joel it would be terrible. He was freaking hilarious.

As I said... He was aweful(because of his doucebagginess and being mean)... But made it into a funny awkward mess.. Instead of just only awkward -not funny show that it could have become!

dragonbird said:
From what I've seen, liking it or disliking it isn't linked to where you live.

I just watched the Angry Joe response. They should get him as co-presenter next year.

Putting AJ on there would probably the smartest move.

There are some things that are painfully funny, but I could not have watched that sack of douche for three hours.

RisikTheGreat said:
As I said... He was aweful(because of his doucebagginess and being mean)... But made it into a funny awkward mess.. Instead of just only awkward -not funny show that it could have become!

Naw, have to disagree here. I'd never heard of him before this, but I can imagine that in other circumstances I'd find him funny. But on VGX, it was just awkward. And the other things that Angry Joe mentioned - the embarassing non-existent studio applause, those strange outside interviews. I didn't stick around for the music segment so I can't comment on that.

Gamespot is unhappy, for all the right reasons.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/if-spike-doesn-t-care-about-its-awards-show-why-should-we/1100-6416621/

For me the show could have been salvageable if not for that dumb-ass Joel McHale with all his crap about genitals, adult diapers, and female orgasms.

FoggyFishburne said:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvW9WwDLCxg[/media]

18:00

PI PI PI PI PI PI PII
PI PI PI PI PI PI PII
PI PI PI PI PI PI PII
PI PI PI PI PI PI PII
PI PI PI PI PI PI PII

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x47NYUbtYb0[/media]

I enjoy your pain while this song is consuming your mind.

den1al said:

Nah, we didn't get it, either. *cuddles Europe*

dragonbird said:
Naw, have to disagree here. I'd never heard of him before this, but I can imagine that in other circumstances I'd find him funny. But on VGX, it was just awkward. And the other things that Angry Joe mentioned - the embarassing non-existent studio applause, those strange outside interviews. I didn't stick around for the music segment so I can't comment on that.

I didn't say it wasn't akward, I just said it was funny and akward, and made it bearable, if the show when well and the music group was good and originized, the camera wasn't fucked up, there would be studio audiance, etc. He would ruin it... But if you want to blame someone blame Geoff for making this show so fucked up... Joel was just making fun of the things you already saw in there, the unprofessionality, the akwardness, the fact that he was the only one clapping..

It was awful, and Joel was a complete twat. I know he has tonnes of fans and shit, but he was constantly sarcastic, dismissive and just insulting to the video game medium.

That ass hat should stay on E, delivering vapid news to the masses.

RisikTheGreat said:
How sad is it when a boring douchebag makes the show better?

Top Bottom