Best armor sets(aesthetically)

+
@SMiki55 imao noice! xD

his set open the 4th ending of the game
yenn and triss reject geralt
ciri never to be found because she and the wild hunt avoiding geralt
and u never get summoned to toussaint xD

Forever alone Geralt goes rogue. This really reminds me of Blood borne, it must be the shuffle xD

For me:

1. Grandmaster Wolf Set (fully dyed in black)
2. Grandmaster Manticore Set
3. Grandmaster Ursine Set / Mastercrafted Feline Set

---------- Updated at 07:16 PM ----------

Recently started my third playthrough using a fresh start - It's the first time I used the Temerian Armor set, and I find it looking pretty good.

Is this the DLC set you can purchase in White Orchard?

'cause last time I tried it definitely didn't look half as good!

Grandmaster armours are my favourite but compared to the quality of TW2 armours they're way too fanciful. A wanderer who risks his neck for 10 orens isn't likely to be wearing the turtleneck from hell or whatever the hell the feline set is suppose to be.
TW1 and TW2 armour were very similar to each other, that sense of upgrading just regular clothes with high quality scrap. While TW1 actually had progression, TW2 armour had the visuals that told the player that "Yes, this is just a jacket with metal spikes and monster carapace stitched into it".
But with TW3 instead of giving us the actual notion that we're actually using the monster parts that were required to build the armour, we're instead grinding them up into fisstech and trading them for a shipment of high quality materials that not even Radovid could afford.

Kinslayer all the way

For me:

1. Grandmaster Wolf Set (fully dyed in black)
2. Grandmaster Manticore Set
3. Grandmaster Ursine Set / Mastercrafted Feline Set

---------- Updated at 07:16 PM ----------

Is this the DLC set you can purchase in White Orchard?

'cause last time I tried it definitely didn't look half as good!

Yes they are DLC equips from White Orchard.
It's a light armor, so I had to use it until feline was available. And for me, it looks good! The hues are balanced and they look pretty good on cutscenes, so no silly overlaps on Geralt's face. Haha! :D

And I agree with you, GM Wolf Set dyed with black looks really good! The metallic items on his overall look glimmers just fine with black dye.
Though, you might wanna try dying the gloves and trousers with grey. It pretty much balances Geralt's hue.
Look here:

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20160712_211033.jpg
    PS_Messages_20160712_211033.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 15,473
Last edited:
And I agree with you, GM Wolf Set dyed with black looks really good! The metallic items on his overall look glimmers just fine with black dye.
Though, you might wanna try dying the gloves and trousers with grey. It pretty much balances Geralt's hue.
Look here:

Oh my thanks for the tip! Btw I 100% agree that GM Wolf Set looks allot better then just the master crafted one, I never really liked that dirty shirt under it. And now GM Wolf Set look at that nice shirt :wub:. Black dye really suits Geralt (he also wore black clothing/tunics in the books allot).

Oh my thanks for the tip! Btw I 100% agree that GM Wolf Set looks allot better then just the master crafted one, I never really liked that dirty shirt under it. And now GM Wolf Set look at that nice shirt :wub:. Black dye really suits Geralt (he also wore black clothing/tunics in the books allot).

The only thing that's truly annoying with this is its raised collar.
When Geralt turns his head sideways, his chin or beard overlaps with the armor. Haha

I'm a simple witcher. I like the starting armour best. So many great variants to choose from on nexus too!
Currently using one of @Walteriusmaximus 's texture faded + black chainmail. (Hope he releases a brown faded version soon..)
Front:
Look at that tasteful blood splatters.

Back:
Works great with the knife and quiver from AMM mod too.

Boots:
The details are impressively delicious.

Before this I was using a black version:

Yes they are DLC equips from White Orchard.
It's a light armor, so I had to use it until feline was available. And for me, it looks good! The hues are balanced and they look pretty good on cutscenes, so no silly overlaps on Geralt's face. Haha!
it is one of my favourites aesthetically. the only thing i HATE about it is the badge thats hanging off of his chest. i just wanna RIP IT OFF!!!!

---------- Updated at 04:35 AM ----------

too bad we didnt get a GM viper gear set. that would have been AWESOME!!!!

I like armor, which actually represents armor, that means, which is designed with function in mind first. The fancy sets all look artificial and not useful except Manticore set, Bear set and of course Viper set. Sure thing they are my favorite sets just by looks. Although with Bear set I always feel like Geralt is overdressed in every situation (and should be sweating wuite a bit, yak.!).

Of all the other available armors I favor the simple medieval style the most:

Oathbbreaker/Thyssen armor (goes well with Mahakam trousers, imho)

DLC Nilfgaard set

DLC Temerian set

Right now, my Geralt is wearing GM Feline armor, GM Griffon gloves + boots, GM Wolf trousers for build purposes (changing swords unlocks always 3 item set bonuses of Griffon, Cat and Wolf if I want to, Wolf being the most used atm), all dyed black. Main swords are GM wolven swords. And with all the red leather dips here and there it gives a nice look. Sword sheaths fit as well.

DLC Undvik set

Order of The Flaming Rose set (does anyone know, if you can get the trousers and boots for it? I haven't found a diagram for trousers and boots, feels strange.

Touissant Knight/Tourney set

p.s.: wished we could dye all armors not witcher gear only. I am sure some of the stuff looked even better than Viper/Warrior's jacket design.

Last edited:
The best looking armors are Level 5 Feline - and the new Manticore looks so GORGEOUS!

Oh Toussaint lalalala... more alcohol :D

I am sober, everything`s allright.

Oh this lovely bag with metal applications...

A perfect combination of Feline boots and gauntlets with the Manticore armor.

His favorite drinks... eh... I mean, potions :D
So many details and such a SUPERB 100% PERFECT graphics no matter how close I zoom with the camera only exists in Witcher 3.

Sunset. Time to switch armors.

After sunset, the time of the Feline Stealth Assassin begins. But first, a drink.

I need more Batida di Coco, Malibu Orange and Baileys please!

Last edited:
I'm a simple witcher. I like the starting armour best. So many great variants to choose from on nexus too!
Currently using one of @Walteriusmaximus 's texture faded + black chainmail. (Hope he releases a brown faded version soon..)
Front:
Look at that tasteful blood splatters.

Back:
Works great with the knife and quiver from AMM mod too.

Boots:
The details are impressively delicious.

Before this I was using a black version:

What mod is that, for his face? It looks absolutely incredible.

Third tier Wolven Armour when on the continent, third tier Bear Armour (only chest armour, keep the Wolven gloves, pants and boots + swords) when on Skellige.

Top Bottom