Best controller for the game?

+
Best controller for the game?

Thinking of buying a controller to use on this game, but i have no idea which ones best. Any suggestions?

If you're on PC, then just get one of the xbox controllers. I believe those are the only supported ones, unless you use an emulation program. The gamestop xbox controller is corded and works really well. Hope that helps :)

bcheero said:
If you're on PC, then just get one of the xbox controllers. I believe those are the only supported ones, unless you use an emulation program. The gamestop xbox controller is corded and works really well. Hope that helps :)

Would any Xbox360 controller work?, searched for them earlier but theres different ones, there's wireless, the old one, the new one that comes with the new black slim Xbox360, idk which ones good. Oh and there's also the Razor Onza Xbox360 controller.

Um I wanted to get a wireless controller, but microsoft doesn't sell the wireless adapter for PC anymore (unless you want to buy a third party one on amazon). I think you should get one that's corded, only because you wouldn't have to worry about battery life.

Any 360 controller should work, provided you download the drivers for it.

bcheero said:
Um I wanted to get a wireless controller, but microsoft doesn't sell the wireless adapter for PC anymore (unless you want to buy a third party one on amazon). I think you should get one that's corded, only because you wouldn't have to worry about battery life.

Yeah i dont like wireless things myself. Unfortunately my local pc store is out of stock for wired Xbox360 controllers , they only have the Razer Onza ones atm, but i dont wanna get one of those because they might not be compatible with the game. Good news for me tho is that Ebgames also sells controllers woot, so ill pick up one tomorrow. But I heard combat is easier with a controller for some weird reason, cant wait to test that out, however with a controller, looting might be tough.

Won't work if you use XBCD drivers though. I used them in conjunction with my onza te to introduce a deadzone to both sticks.(helps with dosbox) Works fine without them. I would've liked the option to bind the joystick (in joystick mode) on my g13 to the movement of the character in the keyboard tab and keep the movement scheme of the gamepad, that would've been nice. Other than that it works great as it has a couple of extra shoulder buttons you can map to the face buttons and get some extra control.

Ocean112 said:
Won't work if you use XBCD drivers though. I used them in conjunction with my onza te to introduce a deadzone to both sticks.(helps with dosbox) Works fine without them. I would've liked the option to bind the joystick (in joystick mode) on my g13 to the movement of the character in the keyboard tab and keep the movement scheme of the gamepad, that would've been nice. Other than that it works great as it has a couple of extra shoulder buttons you can map to the face buttons and get some extra control.

So are you saying the Onza works for the game?

I'm using the Logitech Dual Action (corded), works with the x360ce program. Much cheaper than the official Xbox PC controller and shaped like a Dual Shock, if that's a factor for you.

bcheero said:

They do sell I bought a black mircosoft wireless controller about a month ago!
first time I'm ever playing with a gamepad (TW2 EE and Arkham City all over again) and so far having fun :)
have to agree playing with the controller is easier then with the K+M

It can be. Personally I'd rater have the G13 for "analog" character movement and the mouse for camera movement any-day. You can be a good deal more precise and quick with a mouse though. The onza and like controllers make it better as you can keep your thumbs on the sticks more often than "standard" controllers.

The upgraded D-pad, extra hardware mappable shoulder buttons, and high quality abxy buttons sold the onza for me. the tournament has adjustable pressure sticks and a rubberized finish as well. I personally haven't dried the "new" d-pad on the stock 360 but the onza is a nice upgrade over the one that came with my 360 years ago.

Ocean112 said:
The upgraded D-pad, extra hardware mappable shoulder buttons, and high quality abxy buttons sold the onza for me. the tournament has adjustable pressure sticks and a rubberized finish as well. I personally haven't dried the "new" d-pad on the stock 360 but the onza is a nice upgrade over the one that came with my 360 years ago.

Hmm those upgrades the Onza has sound very nice, i think ill go with the Onza, i mean they are both identical in price, i might aswell get the one with more features. But i might contact you after i get it so you can help me map buttons etc, if thats okay, just cause i have absolutely no experience with controllers and would be confused as hell.

bcheero said:

Actually they do still sell the wireless controller, they actually stop selling the wired one. At least at Best Buy or in my area, Texas. I personally just brought a wireless controller with the adapter from Best Buy recently. I would go with a 360 controller if possible OP.

TrickyDOTcom said:
Actually they do still sell the wireless controller, they actually stop selling the wired one. At least at Best Buy or in my area, Texas. I personally just brought a wireless controller with the adapter from Best Buy recently. I would go with a 360 controller if possible OP.

Yeah, I just ordered one from Amazon, and got it today. They no longer sell the wireless adapter, but sell it as a bundle instead with an Xbox 360 controller, and the adapter. It's called "Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows". $42.50 at Amazon.

That's fine with me. It's not really complicated. There are small buttons on the back of the controller that you press down, while holding those down press the face button you want mapped to the extra bumper on that side. A light will display display on the bottom of the controller while you are holding the mapping button down showing what that side's extra bumper is mapped to.

Top Bottom