Bug Reports - Witcher 3 NextGen Version

+
View attachment 11334940
Flora looks like cutted in half :D
I have similar problem in Velen. I remember this bug from original Witcher 3. Back then simply reloading save game was enough to solve problem but now it is not working. 13700KF, RTX 3090, 970 evo, updated W11, latest nvidia drivers.

Bez tytułu2.jpg

I have similar problem in Velen. I remember this bug from original Witcher 3. Back then simply reloading save game was enough to solve problem but now it is not working. 13700KF, RTX 3090, 970 evo, updated W11, latest nvidia drivers.

View attachment 11343580
Many who encountered this exact same issue (weird grass/vegetation), it was due to an "old" mod > HD reworked
So be sure this mod is no longer present in your game files/folders
Like in this thread :

Not sure if this is the right place for this, and I imagine I can't be one of many - but I have an old PC (i5 750!), with a nice HDR-capable monitor, and I'd love to play in HDR. But as far as I understand HDR only works on the DirectX 12 version of the game, which doesn't support my CPU anymore... If that could be changed (either by providing HDR in the DX11 version, or supporting older CPUs in the DX12 version), that would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know if my question is in the right tab.. but what the heck..

Am I the only one who had the problem where geralt keeps on walking, after fast travel, or after sprinting. I'm not pressing any buttons on my controller or what so ever.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Patch 4.01 realased and still Memory Leak when GPU VRAM reach over 95% Usage hasn't ben fixed...

The Witcher 3 3_2_2023 02_29_12.png

Bug when doing Family Matters quest with version 4.01. Scene with Tamara was not triggered when entering the house in Oxenfurt and dialog option to update Baron on family did not appear. Tried reload the game and meditating all does not work! Unable to proceed with this main quest!

NG+ lvl92 HoS Open Sesame quest, began on 4.0, finished on 4.01, game breaking bug spawned
Gone through the quest, but when I want to re-equip my stuff (legendary mastercrafted griffin set), ALL of them scaled up to lvl 100. Tried leaving them on, in bag, in storage, but they scale nonetheless. No other items scaled in storage (though I have no other legendary gear).
I hope 130k will be enough to craft them again, and then upgrade them to grandmaster too in due time, but it's still fucked up..

edit: It was about 50k remaking them, with the glyphword, if this wouldn't have been a ng+, it would have been problematic.

Last edited:
Saving and reloading on Skellige stops all music from playing, until I change the map and travel back. Then the music stays as long as I don't reload the game. If I end the game and start it again, the saves on Skellige won't play the music until traveling to another map and return to the Skellige map.

Tested also with all my mods disabled incl. edited files restored (actually only three mods, none of them deals with audio settings anyway), to make sure it's not a mod problem.

Update: Loading Skellige saves from the game before that ended up as the base of my current NG+, the music played normal. That game started as a classic game and the saves I tested were from 1.32 and 4.00 including hotfixes. Saving/reloading all works well on them, just saves from my current game are behaving weird with no music after loading on Skellige.

Update 2: After Brans funeral and the dialog between Yen and Geralt, all turns to noarmal again. Saving and reloading will bring back the music. For me, it's reproducible.

Last edited:
i still cant even start up the game. wtf is going on still???? pressing play, and instant crash error... sending the support ticket every time. still cant even start the game... gtx 1080ti...

i still cant even start up the game. wtf is going on still???? pressing play, and instant crash error... sending the support ticket every time. still cant even start the game... gtx 1080ti...
Did you contact the support using the dedicated website ?
(maybe also including a Dxdiag)

Bugs with Ray Tracing on ALL platforms (tested on PC and Series X)

Patterns of spots appear on some textures in many lighting conditions, not only on terrain but on some buildings too. It is extremely off. Note that it occurs on both Performance and Quality Global Illumination settings on PC.

02.jpg 03.jpg 05.jpg

Also, another one: the light from the torch (or lantern) leaves lingering trails that take a good fifteen seconds, if not more, to dissipate when moving. The same thing indoors: go into a pitch-black room, turn on your torch and then turn it off, it will take a good fifteen seconds for the lighting in the room to return to normal (dark as in an a..).

06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg

Bug on PC only (or maybe not), still not resolved

Low Sharpening and Off Sharpening settings are still inverted.

Low actually totally disables sharpening and Off makes it... low.

I am also not sure that it is not inverted on consoles, that being said. It's just that we don't have the option. Maybe sharpening is supposed to be low but so is off, or vice versa.

Sharpening High = High.jpg
Sharpening High = High

Sharpening Low = Disabled.jpg
Sharpening Low = Disabled

Sharpening Disabled = Low.jpg
Sharpening Disabled = Low

Reporting all these to the technical support through the dedicated form. Please, other readers, do it too.

Last edited:
The quest "Gwenth: Old Pals" can not be started after you finish the main game, even thou Zoltan and the other npcs (Thaler, Roche) are alive and can be found at their correct locations. This in turn blocks the completion of the gwenth achievement.

Don't see a reason why Zoltan cant start the quest and play a round of gwenth instead of just responding "hey geralt old pal" over and over...
Zoltan doesn't belong to Old Pals. He starts but that's all. Participants of Old Pals are Thaler, Roche and Lambert only. You missed Lambert and after completing the main quest you never see him again. That's why Zoltan does not start the quest, I guess, because you don't get a chance to complete it.

I’m getting a bug on the 4.01 update for the PS5. Twice now, when i go to manually save the game, the oldest manual save file is gone and new empty save slot appears.

Good Afternoon,

My bug may have been discussed before but i couldn't find a working solution.

i cannot progress the main story ( baron ciri cutscene/play )

Did all the main quest up to the crones spoke with them and figured out the barons wife situation.

went back to the baron and told him about said wife and then during the following played cutscene to kill the basilisk it just does an infinite loading screen.

i have tried;

breaking up the conversation "told baron about anne left conversation did other stuff went back and got into the scene"

unloading all mods. =\

the random mash the "xbox ps whatever" button

left it for an hour loading.

just want to progress the story, am currently just playing around it hoping its something in a patch but as the most recent didnt fix it i figured i would try here.

hopefully someone can shed some light or help me fix it =) and thank you in advance for any and all who try or do help.

Edit: PC version 4.01 Next Gen

Zoltan doesn't belong to Old Pals. He starts but that's all. Participants of Old Pals are Thaler, Roche and Lambert only. You missed Lambert and after completing the main quest you never see him again. That's why Zoltan does not start the quest, I guess, because you don't get a chance to complete it.
That is incorrect. According to information from the pre-next gen version of the game, If you have the quest and Lambert is gone, you find his card in Kaer Morhen. In m game, both Thaler and Roche are alive. The quest is to play Zoltan, these two and Lambert. But Zoltan does not initiate dialogue nor does he star the quest, even thou there is no reason to do it, as everyone is well alive.

I suspect if I had started the quest before the endgame I could still complete it. So it seems like a bug that could be fixed easily.

That is incorrect. According to information from the pre-next gen version of the game, If you have the quest and Lambert is gone, you find his card in Kaer Morhen. In m game, both Thaler and Roche are alive. The quest is to play Zoltan, these two and Lambert. But Zoltan does not initiate dialogue nor does he star the quest, even thou there is no reason to do it, as everyone is well alive.

I suspect if I had started the quest before the endgame I could still complete it. So it seems like a bug that could be fixed easily.
It's not that simple. Different appearances of characters are also different instances. Meaning totally different NPCs. It's not one NPC that's used in all the different parts of the game.

Hence, if you already finished that part of the game, then updated to the most recent version, it may not retroactively fix the situation for you. You'd need to reload a save far enough back in the main questline to trigger the quest flag that will make the card appear in Kaer Morhen.

Conversely, having Zoltan become an activator that ties into the Gwent minigame may require a complete rebuild of the character...which would in turn require a complete edit of every questline that NPC instance may be used for in the game...which could in turn create a whole tree of edits that would affect other questlines...etc. That's unlikely to happen for something like this.

Best bet is to simply roll back to a much earlier save in the questline, or just save it for another playthrough.

Very strange issue going on that is bugging me. I have this darker bar at the right of my screen when using DLSS quality or balanced, OR FSR quality at 1440p and using SSR reflections

It is very noticeable with water reflections. When I move the camera strip lags, making the image awful

All this settings combinations I've mentioned are important.
- Turning off DLSS and it is gone.
- Lowering DLSS to performance, or FSR to balance or performance, gone.
- Turning on RT reflections, gone again no matter the DLSS settings.
- Go to 1080p or 4K also gone, no matter the other settings.

Sounds like some weird mix of reconstruction and screen space reflections at 1440p.

Fella at this topic https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/3768985348691954097/ posted screenshots and he also have this issue (I don't have the other bugs he has)

Not sure if this was introduced with 4.01, since I didn't played the "next gen upgrade" before this version, and there doesn't seem to be a way to downgrade.

Anyone also having this? Anyway to fix it?

(RTX 3080 TI driver ver 528.24, ryzen 5800x, 32gb of ram, if this matters. My game is not modded)

Last edited:
Top Bottom