Combat in The Witcher 3

+
Yeah i know, thats one of the things that sucks about game development. Some awesome stuff get cut for various reasons. That's why devs need to be careful when revealing information.

If I was you, then I wouldn't expect a great AI: too many elements to handle in an open-world.
Anyway, I'm still hoping for a decent AI for the enemies and the monsters/animals. We'll see.

Does anyone know if you can fight human enemies and monsters at the same time? Since the game is now open world there some cool tactics you can use like lead human enemies into monsters and vice versa. Also, let's say you are almost dead in a battle and then out of nowhere a monster attacks your enemies and you get a chance to run away, these dynamic stuff happening are awesome. Is there any confirmation about that by CD project red?

I wonder how dismemberment will work on heavy armored enemies like Knights? Those are not some easy-to-kill bandits with zero protection on their bodies.

I hope we get to knock some helmets off, like Geralt did in that old Rise of The White Wolf youtube video!
We will have it only if it was in program for the build we haven't seen yet, because a NeoGaf insider has confirmed that the game is practically complete and they are working only on debugging 24/7.

Last edited:

For love of God, let us move camera closer !!!111

Edit: Wrong thread.

Though if I posted already, I might as well say that in the GIF above (which is awesome in general), it looks as if Geralt's animations are a bit slowed down, and they look awesome now. Mostly, I can actually see what he's doing.

Last edited:
I'm sure it will be open for modification (e.g. in-game, .ini file, or later on mods). But I realized that camera actually moves away when Geralt focuses on an enemy for combat (Look at the siren part). So I'm guessing this is there so that the player can have better information about the surrounding enemies. Which is actually a good idea from my point of view :) Anyway, there is no point in going all "Closer cameraaa!!!!" before playing the game - as we don't know how will it be implemented in the game yet, without playing. Maybe there is already a slider to adjust it but the person who played it preferred it this way ;) All in all, we will see, calm your Roaches :)

Edit: Wrong thread.

Though if I posted already, I might as well say that in the GIF above (which is awesome in general), it looks as if Geralt's animations are a bit slowed down, and they look awesome now. Mostly, I can actually see what he's doing.

I don't think the animations have slowed down at all, the moves from that gif just happen to be slower moves than some of the 30min demo.

Even in the demo you can see very similar moves if not the same ones, at similar speed. Its all about the different sword swings to me.

Top Bottom