Developer Spotlight - Miles Tost

+
Haha. I really love the detail about Novigrad sewers. It is quite funny to be honest. Usually level designers do not have to care that much about separate levels which are supposed to be connected and can freely create them without thinking about aech other. Suddenly if they are connected level desinger becomes actual real sewer architect otherwise it won´t sit.

This is... wow. All I can say about this all is that during my 22 year life in Serbia, I have yet to see 15 different variation of chairs in real life, I think I'm down to 12.

As I have stated, this will be the end of my gaming career, with every new interview I'm just getting reassured in that fact. Whole generations will base their computer upgrades/new rigs based on TW3 requirements, after the most of hardware required to run it on max becomes available to the majority of players in the world, hardware companies will close their factories with the message "See you 4gb VRAM cowboys" because no more need in the world for rig updates, and there will be peace in gaming industry and eternal blissfulness.

Thank you all involved in making this interviews possible, and the REDs endless patience and enthusiasm to always be in touch with their fans, no matter how dreadful we get and how much work there is to be done.

Well done, Kinley and Miles (and the translators), for doing this, I really appreciate it.

As I'm a massive fan of level design (I too did a lot of Warcraft 3 stuff - oh man World Editor was amazing), it's great to hear familiar feelings/experiences, echoed and elaborated on, from a professional in the industry.

Thanks everyone involved, this was awesome.

When you think about it, the size of the world, the complexity, all those villages, cities, forests, mountains, sewers, open sea, rivers, dungeons, caves, elven ruins, castles, farms etc and possibility of affecting all of that by choices made in game, level of design of all that, beautiful graphic, combat and interaction with world, and everything I didnt said, it sounds magnificent, and I am thinking how it can be done, how can someone make something like this? This will be a true next-gen experience, and a game that will be remembered for a long time. :D

This isn't getting enough attention (compared to the recent gamestar article for example)

Huge amount of entertaining info, the part about everything being "hand-crafted" blew me away. I confess to having been sceptic the last weeks (after seeing the gameplay snippets, noticing preference for gamepad over MK control etc.) and even participating in the downgrade discussion. After reading this its almost as if I am hyped again ;)

Props for this!

This isn't getting enough attention (compared to the recent gamestar article for example)

Huge amount of entertaining info, the part about everything being "hand-crafted" blew me away. I confess to having been sceptic the last weeks (after seeing the gameplay snippets, noticing preference for gamepad over MK control etc.) and even participating in the downgrade discussion. After reading this its almost as if I am hyped again ;)

Props for this!

Well, the subtle difference between the gamestar piece and this interview is that one is based on external experience and the other on internal experience. I personally believe that Miles is completely honest here but it's still a different perspective. Anyway, both pieces are valuable sources for good information. :)

My, my, what an awesome surprise! Thank you @Kinley for the time you spent working on this, and thank you Miles for providing us such thorough answers. Some of them just drove the hype train faster and faster.

Now I'm on my way on translating them in italian, people should really read this. ;)

Amazing job getting through all the questions!
And thank you for making me and hopefully other people laugh, when you did the livestream on twitch with Damien Monnier! And making a quick Q&A there also!

Thumbs up for all those people who work in CD Projekt Red, you guys rock! I cannot wait when the game gets released! :)

*Also huge thanks to all community members who are helping out on translating the text!

Last edited:
One reason I never got into open world games like Oblivion or Skyrim was that the world never felt believable to me. Too many clone npcs, illogical world building , generic quests, etc.
Same with recent Bioware games. Dragon Age Inquisition for example never got me immersed in its world and I stopped playing half way through.

Old games like Baldur´s Gate 2 or Planescape Torment got me totally immersed even though it´s graphic were on a rudimentary level compared to nowadays. The main reason for that was that they also had this handmade, unique feeling, thought through quests and well thought through game-maps.
In comparison many games nowadays seem to be even lazy in terms of actually putting thoughts and creativity into it.

So yeah I am sure I and many others will notice the dedication and passion put into making this believable and organic world for us. For that I am really thankful to CDProjekt, since I really can´t see any other game producer, in present time, going to that extent in creating the best possible game.

Thanks for this Kinley Marcin Momot , MilezZ.238 , TemerianGirl , gregski and Scholdarr.452

If we stop to think that everything we know about the game is probabily not even 1% of what is to come it's just too easy to get overwhelmed... this will surely be epic, and I wish CDPR really show people how it's done!
:yes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom