DLC Blood&Wine Date of release? [Spoilers]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean it's bad that they're not trying to whip up a frenzy by announcing the date well in advance, thus encouraging people to pre-order without details of the expansion? Sometimes, you surprise me, Gilrond ;)

I don't think pre-ordering is a good practice. Why would you pay for something in advance before you even can use it, unless we are talking about crowdfunding / investment? But communicating plans and roadmaps is good. It helps others plan things. Not sure why it's supposed to cause frenzy.

You mean it's bad that they're not trying to whip up a frenzy by announcing the date well in advance, thus encouraging people to pre-order without details of the expansion? Sometimes, you surprise me, Gilrond

Well , I hardly do pre-orders of a game - the only cases till now was Castlevania : Lords of Shadow 2 and The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition ( and do not feel sorry) , both for Xbox 360. And I really know that is a risk thing , since we never can be 100 % sure about the quality . BUT , since it comes from CD Projekt RED , and I also love the entire Witcher franchise, I would not mind giving my trust and money on advance .haha ^^

Last edited:
I don't think pre-ordering is a good practice. Why would you pay for something in advance before you even can use it, unless we are talking about crowdfunding / investment? But communicating plans and roadmaps is good. It helps others plan things. Not sure why it's supposed to cause frenzy.

Sure, but this is a thread about the Blood and Wine release date. And while I'm sure there ARE people who need to make plans based on it, taking a couple of weeks vacation time, changing wedding dates and so on, the main interest must surely be to go ahead and pre-order if they haven't already done so, plus the reassurance that there's no delay - that the "first half of the year" is still going to be met. And they've ALWAYS been prompt in the past to communicate if there was going to be a delay.

And while I'm sure there ARE people who need to make plans based on it, taking a couple of weeks vacation time, changing wedding dates and so on, the main interest must surely be to go ahead and pre-order if they haven't already done so

Reasons can be more obvious and directly related. For instance getting hardware capable of running the game (or running it at certain quality level) in advance, deciding on upgrading / waiting for new hardware to come out, and so on. That matters more than something like pre-orders. What's the point to pre-order just because the date was announced? Or to say it differently, what's the point to pre-order altogether?

Reasons can be more obvious and directly related. For instance getting hardware capable of running the game (or running it at certain quality level) in advance, deciding on upgrading / waiting for new hardware to come out, and so on.

I highly doubt that Blood and Wine is going to have significantly different requirements than the base game, especially if Hearts of Stone is anything to go by.

I highly doubt that Blood and Wine is going to have significantly different requirements than the base game, especially if Hearts of Stone is anything to go by.

It doesn't preclude considerations about hardware upgrades (for instance for higher resolutions and such). Point is like I said above. Providing the roadmap helps planning.

Attachments

• 800.jpg
    800.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 800 (1).jpg
    800 (1).jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
ARMOR COLORS CHANGE: damn...... this totally confirm that Darthasbinar trolling post was not trolling at all but he really had leaked infos....This is a too specific thing to predict

ARMOR COLORS CHANGE: damn...... this totally confirm that Darthasbinar trolling post was not trolling at all but he really had leaked infos....This is a too specific thing to predict

He got one thing right, and most things wrong.

The guy was picking at straws and got lucky. Yeah, he's an insider. :what:

He PM'd me asking for info from the data-mines. Something he wouldn't need to know if he actually had a source.

What if I said I was trolling just to honorably take the blame for leak and end the shitstorm before it even begins?

What if.... :D

:stoptrolling:

but don't mind me, keep going with conversation.... :bored:

He got one thing right, and most things wrong.

The guy was picking at straws and got lucky. Yeah, he's an insider.

He PM'd me asking for info from the data-mines. Something he wouldn't need to know if he actually had a source.

Oh come on, be serious... He got quite everything right:
- armor colors change
- new upgrade for witcher gear
- A huge "......." movie vibe ( I am not writing it for spoiler). Devs said in a recent interview that there will be a movie inspiration
- map size
-gwent things
- expansion can be started before or after mq
- better graphics for Toussaint applied only for Toussaint
- a new specific kind of sword which i can confirm I found it in patch files.
These are too specific things to predict. Or he is Nostradamus or he got infos leaked. Open your eyes.

And what he did wrong? please tell me becaus eI see anything wrong.

What is the point of your affirmation that he asked for data mines? Why he could not ask for knowing something else? Of course he didn't know everything. He received infos from a source and wanted to know more from leaked patch

---------- Updated at 08:31 AM ----------

What if I said I was trolling just to honorably take the blame for leak and end the shitstorm before it even begins?

What if....

but don't mind me, keep going with conversation....

Oh you!!!:smiling2:

Last edited:
Or there is another theory:

I leaked false info and they saw some cool ideas (like armour colors) in it and they decided to implement it. That would be quite a trick :D

if that is the truth you should thank me :D

I don't mind about armor colors.... I just want the
Huge boss fight... and first person mode!!

Last edited:
but guys
what about some of the major things that need improvement?

DM difficulty is a joke . once i get my viper set and my build im unstoppable even on new game+
they confirmed more skills slots > which means my build going to be even more deadly..

i hope they will do something about it

what about some big new game mechanics?
dont get me wrong . it will be nice to dye my Viper set and make my self very cool

but what about some other big changes?something so big that we will start over the main story > HOS > BnW just to enjoy it ?

If Mr. Troller up here was right expect a
" Huge combat re-balance, game will be harder to play in later acts"

Last edited:
If Mr. Troller up here was right expect a " Huge combat re-balance, game will be harder to play in later acts"
HOS had some naughty fights.
but in the end i was unstoppable :)
a true witcher!!!
the mighty WHITE WOLF!
roaming the land killing everything with my alchemy/sword skills!!!!

muahahaha

hope to meet some strong enemies in BnW !:smiling2:

hope to meet some strong enemies in BnW

Same here.

Btw, at some point you are always overpowered.
I don't know a single game where this dont happens.
And i think, at some point, it's wanted.

Last edited:
Same here.

Btw, at some point you are always overpowered.
I don't know a single game where this dont happens.
And i think, at some point, it's wanted.
yeah but once you learn how to dodge/counter attack and use the right spells/bombs/oils

most fights kinda easy while some are very hard ^^

i just hope we will get a reason to start over the main quest.
i really want to spend another 100hours + into the game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom