Finishing moves in TW3

+
Finishing moves in TW3

So I've been trying to figure out how the finishing moves work. As it is, the combat system in the game is pretty good, but it's a little stale. There's not much feedback and killing enemies isn't all that satisfying. Except for when you perform an awesome finishing move, of course. So, how exactly do they work? Is there a certain way that they're triggered or are they just random? It would make fighting a group of bandits a lot more fun if I could finish every one of them off in style. Anybody know?

I've clocked so far about 75 hours and it seems to be random. THe chance of it happenincg is modified buy crictical chance and dismembering modifiers in runes and such. AFAIK there is no way to "make" it happen.

There is a gameplay setting called "Automatic finishers". I always assumed that there would be a way to manually trigger them, if that setting is turned to off.

There is a gameplay setting called "Automatic finishers". I always assumed that there would be a way to manually trigger them, if that setting is turned to off.

Nah if that's turned off they simply never happen. I assume it's for people who just don't like them.

Dismemberment is separate tho as far as I know since you can dismember without the finishing animations. I have a +10% trophy and +15% dismember on my steel sword and while about 1 out of every 4 people I kill loses a limb how often I get an auto-finisher hasn't seemed to change

In W2 they were too frequent so im pretty satisfied they don't occure too often! believe me u can get sick of seeing same finishing animation in slowmo after every kill

Nah if that's turned off they simply never happen. I assume it's for people who just don't like them.

Wrong. Automatic finishers happen automatically when you have enough adrenaline points to burn. If you turn it off to manual you get to choose when to perform those by yourself. Basically when the enemy is on low health and Geralt does a final hit on him, the enemy goes into this animation where he starts holding his neck artery as if his neck was wounded - that's exactly the momemt when you can finish him off manually if you have adrenaline bars. Once he (opponent) enters that animation, you have few seconds to hit him once more which will trigger a finishing move animation. I have been doing Witcher 3 finishing moves montages on my YT channel so I know how it all works.

Hope this answered OP's question.

Pretty sure Axii increases the chance of a finisher by a great deal, in the early game it was the only way I was able to kill bandits 4 or 5 levels higher than me. I would Axii , then get really close to them, then strong attack. 8 out of 10 times a finisher would trigger.

So I've been trying to figure out how the finishing moves work. As it is, the combat system in the game is pretty good, but it's a little stale. There's not much feedback and killing enemies isn't all that satisfying. Except for when you perform an awesome finishing move, of course. So, how exactly do they work? Is there a certain way that they're triggered or are they just random? It would make fighting a group of bandits a lot more fun if I could finish every one of them off in style. Anybody know?

i saw a guy with a mod with 200% dismember rate basically every 2 hits he would do a finisher or something, and i always use finishers on lv 1 pirates/bandits etc ALWAYS and i dont use any mods, its just dammage/related i think

---------- Updated at 08:21 AM ----------

I have been doing Witcher 3 finishing moves montages on my YT channel so I know how it all works.Hope this answered OP's question.
link link link!

That's some pretty valuable information about finishers, thank you! Gonna turn the setting off when I get home and see how it goes.

@Sharpy47 That's a great video! Hope you'll make one with monsters.

I really do hope REDs make a DLC with more finishers. Dismemberment system is a blast, but those 4 finishers simply just aren't enough compared to the amount from TW2 or even TW1

Top Bottom