[GENERAL] Who do you support - Squirrels or Knights?

+
I'm right now replaying TW1 and I've got an existencial proble:

I always played on the squirrel side so... when do I must take the decision for taking the other side? In the begining on the river side or in the swamps?

Thank you.
Quest Gold Rush in Chapter 3 is point with no return, if I remeber correctly...After that you can't change your mind - it leaves you with side you supported in the bank and neutral path, of course...

Quest Gold Rush in Chapter 3 is point with no return, if I remeber correctly...After that you can't change your mind - it leaves you with side you supported in the bank and neutral path, of course...
I remember that the last choice you make in chapter 4 (support elves, support Rayla or go away with Dandelion) is the poin with no return :hmmm:

I remember that the last choice you make in chapter 4 (support elves, support Rayla or go away with Dandelion) is the poin with no return :hmmm:
Yes, that is last choice...But I clearly remember my last playthrough, and in Chapter 4 I couldn't support side I fought against in the bank...Only two options were available - neutral and side I already helped in Gold Rush...
But yeah, those two quest are very connected and things can become a little complicated :)
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Gold_Rush
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Free_Elves

Yes, that is last choice...But I clearly remember my last playthrough, and in Chapter 4 I couldn't support side I fought against in the bank...Only two options were available - neutral and side I already helped in Gold Rush...
But yeah, those two quest are very connected and things can become a little complicated :)
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Gold_Rush
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Free_Elves
Ah ok, didn't notice that... I will next time, because in my 1st playthrough I helped the elves in the bank and then again in chapter 4 (I helped the Order in the 2nd chapter however). ;)

Siegfried is the only reason I ever side with the Order. Both sides annoy me in many ways, but the Scoiatael annoy me at least a bit less.

I'm right now replaying TW1 and I've got an existencial proble:

I always played on the squirrel side so... when do I must take the decision for taking the other side? In the begining on the river side or in the swamps?

Thank you.

If you want to support the Order, you must side with Sigfried in the "Gold Rush" quest (Chapter III), and side with the Order in the "Free Elves" quest (Chapter IV).

If you side with Yaevinn in the "Gold Rush" quest, you won't have the option to side with the Order in the "Free Elves" quest. All the other quest were you must choose between Order and Squirrels ("Force Recon", "Six Feet Under" / "Echoes of Yesterday") don't affect the final decision of siding with the Squirrels or the Order.

And my answer to the OP question ("Who do you support - Squirrels or Knights"), it's curious because I would support the Squirrels' cause, but I dislike Yaevinn as a leader, because he is quite manipulative, lies to you blatantly more than one time, and he is clearly willing to follow "the ends justify the means" line of thought. The Knights, on the other hand, are very unlikeable as organization (a bunch of religious zealots), but Sigfried seems to be a very honest person that follows a chivalrous code of honor (in one mission, he even compliments you for "being like a true knight" if you choose staying to defend a group of helpless people instead of pursuing Squirrel raiders).

Last edited:
I side with the Order. Because I despise the squirrels and see them as nothing more than homicidal phsychopaths, but also because I generally side with the faction that represents order and authority.

Scoiatel ofc, i despise the Order, bunch of religious fanatcis, racists and murderers, the breaking point for me was in the Murky Waters village with the hostages, where they just attacked the Scoiatel showing no interest in the peasants life, just filled with hatred for non humans, and then when arriving back to Vizima and hearing that they just got out to the city and murdering nonhuman womans and children, i just wanted to kill em all. How can someone support them? ^^

Guest 2081505

Scoiatel ofc, i despise the Order, bunch of religious fanatcis, racists and murderers...How can someone support them?

Signed. Nothing against the law, but not as a matter of principle. If a fascistic faith fanatic wants to shape the world according to his eccentric ideas, I am fully on the side of the freedom fighters.

Neutral path best path. I sorely missed a comparable outcome in TW2.
After neutral, Scoiatael is my second choice, since I simply cannot stand the racism and oppression of minorities which the Order stands for.

Scoiatel ofc, i despise the Order, bunch of religious fanatcis, racists and murderers, the breaking point for me was in the Murky Waters village with the hostages, where they just attacked the Scoiatel showing no interest in the peasants life, just filled with hatred for non humans
It was the non-humans who took the peasants hostage, and even killed some of them. The same people that let them stay at the lake and offered them food. If you side with the Order, at least you can save the peasants. The Scoia'tael aren't any better than the Order in my opinion. I consider the Scoia'tael terrorists. Not that the Order is a beacon of goodness or anything, but at least they do some good things, like killing monsters.

In my playthrough I was in good terms with the Order first, Siegfried seemed honest and reasonable. But later I chose the neutral path - both the Order and the Scoia'tael went too far trying to destroy each other. So in the end, I supported neither.

I went neutral, Didnt like anyone, the Order knights were a bit self righteous and stuck ups and the elves were naive and i couldnt agree with their views at all.

So fuck em both. I think Geralt would not side with either anyway.

Top Bottom