Geralt of Rivia ( Spoilers from books and games )

+
Guys, how Geralt escaped from "the place where apple trees bloom eternal" after Wild Hunt took Yen? Is it pointed somewhere? I don't recall.
I doubt that Eredin propose Geralt his portal-service. [If I understand correct - "Isle of Avallach/Avalon" is located in another realm...]

In the W2 (its explained in a flashback), that Geralt gives his life for that of Yennefer, Geralt was to ride with the wild hunt as bait for Ciri... Which she took...

AVALLACH: Ever wondered how you managed to leave the Red Riders?
GERALT: Many times, but I don't remember a thing.
AVALLACH: Ciri came for you. She sensed you were in danger, tore you from the Hunt's grasp, then deposited you in the woods near Kaer Morhen.
GERALT: Did Eredin start hunting her because of that? Because of me? Why didn't she say anything?
AVALLACH: Ugh. What would it have changed?

So the question is more how did yennefer leave that place :p

heh, in books - he could.
Quote from "Lady of the Lake" [scene with Geralt and Yen]:
trembling and kissing each other’s tears

Heh nice find. More plot holes in the game. Geralts says he can't even cry cuz he doesn't know how if u pick a certain option after vesemir dies

Wild Hunt took her...

Hmmm.. yeah, I thought it was a instant exchange back on the isle of Avalon, but it wasn't. The exchange was under the hangman's tree which makes even less sense to me, Have they been carrying around Yennefer all this time? lol

How the Wild Hunt find Yennefer and Geralt ?

We are such stuff
As Dreams are made on, and our little life
is rounded with a sleep. William Shakespeare In the Lady of the Lake

Geralt is a man of dream and dreams, and i approve this nice quotation. ( In the game he dreams only one time, that's a shame...)

Hmmm.. yeah, I thought it was a instant exchange back on the isle of Avalon, but it wasn't. The exchange was under the hangman's tree which makes even less sense to me, Have they been carrying around Yennefer all this time? lol

Yeah. She was with them.

[video=youtube;KsdIaG66r-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsdIaG66r-M[/video]

---------- Updated at 08:43 PM ----------

How the Wild Hunt find Yennefer and Geralt ?

Another good question without an answer.

makes even less sense

It's not senseless. Eredin wanted to use Yen as a decoy for Ciri. Ciri didn't react. When they took Geralt instead of Yen. Ciri reacted [sensed that Geralt in danger, according to dialogue with Avallac'h] and rescued him. Wild Hunt tracked her and started hunt...

Last edited:
One of the best lines in game .

When Geralt says this I think it is one of the best lines in game ... " the last bitter drop in a chalice full of sorrow."

Now if this was an original quote it is great but I feel as though I have heard it before ?

When Geralt says this I think it is one of the best lines in game ... " the last bitter drop in a chalice full of sorrow."

Now if this was an original quote it is great but I feel as though I have heard it before ?

I believe that the whole quote is from Geralt's interrogation of Whoreson Junior:

Geralt: Pay attention now. You'll tell the truth - wanna know why?
Whoreson: I won't lie, honest!
Geralt: Took me a long time to find you. Wasn't an easy road to travel. I'm angry and tired. Had to talk to people I didn't want to talk to, would't normally talk to. Some of them tried to cheat me, some tried to lie. I didn't like it one bit. I feel like one more lie'd be the last bitter drop in a chalice full of sorrow. And then... then I'd do something I would later regret. Now you know why you can't lie to me?

That was indeed a good line. Pretty sure is a CDPR creation, since I couldn't track down another source on Google.

Top Bottom