Graphical Downgrade Cont.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to attack anyone here, so I am sorry if my post seems rude, but how can you people be sure that we will get a downgrade? Did someone from CDPR said that? No, they only said that the game will look better when it's released. And still you don't believe them. Do you have perhaps some inside information? No? All I keep seeing is this blasted Watch Dogs game. Anything else to base these assumptions besides Watch Dogs? Anything at all? I'll give you one. We all have heard about what happened with Sega's Aliens : Colonial Marines and if someone hasn't, it's easy to find out about it on Google.. So, that must be true for every company, right? :p Please, until someone who works on the game states that indeed they have downgraded the game, don't be too quick to judge. I am sure that CDPR isn't planning on screwing us up. They have showed us both their professionalism in creating games and their love of playing games, there is no reason to doubt them.

Please be aware that the Game ia far from being released and that they are not in the final State of optimization yet. CDPR also mentioned that they are using a new kind of System to realize the streaming so i believe they will (re-)implement some things regarding post-processing effects, quality of environments or their level of detail etc. at some point later while they may have to change or edit some of these functionalities and features to work properly. On all three platforms for an equal experience of course.

Always keep that in mind. I am pretty sure that the Game will look even better as we get closer to its final release date. Right now, its already straight gorgeous

E3's effects and lights are still in the game (PC version), but they are blocked.

Yeah, but they were not completed. Probably because Ubisoft does not care about PC gamers since the large bulk of their business on console. Its not worth it for them to develop those extra effects on PC.

An example of a company that, clearly, intended to deceive its audience is Sega. Sega only ever showed off vertical slices of Alien: Colonial Marines and they applied a press embargo that did not lift until the morning the game was released. The result of that is that they were successfully sued for false advertisement.

Aliens: Colonial Marines... oh yes, I remember. Maybe the best commercial for Adobe Photoshop one can imagine. xD

Dont forget Dark Souls 2 :( My oppinion about this issue. For now, I still trust CDP that they dont lying to me. Im supporting them from very beginning, long before they even release Witcher 1. I dont care about this "xbox one collector's edition gate" thing. I'm buying this game for game not for some toys. Im planning to buy entirely new computer later this year just for W3 (a fucking rocket). As I said, I trust them...BUT!!! If they will downgrade PC graphics just to make it visually closer to console version, for me it will be like fucking dagger in the back. Dont forget guys, it is us, PC gamers who was supporting you all the time, from the beginning. Im not some elitist, pc master race guy. I just want to get product what was promised to me earlier. I will spend a little fortune on pc just to play your game on max details. As I said before, I trust you, but this latest footage and your constant claim that console versions will look such good like pc version are starting to worry me. Dont get me wrong. Personally I thing gameplay looks amazing. But we can clearly see that it looks better in trailers and promotional screenshots. At least tell us the truth if you needed to downgrade it just to make this game to be able to run not only on 4 titans.

I hope you can understand my "rant", english is not my first language.

I don't get the complaints, I haven't read every single post in these 2 threads while waiting for the torrent to download, I got a bit sick of it.... sorry guys ;)

But from what I've just watched (@60fps) I just don't see the problems referred to. The graphics are stunning already, and the performance seems grand !

We still have the whole optimisation process to go through too. I see no reason to suspect that the PC won't have all the bells & whistles, and lets face it gfx chip sweltering options provided in TW2 that provided such beautiful surroundings. The scale of the elements in the world are totally authentic (there is simply no comparing them to even modded 'rim), I don't know of any other game that compared o the reality in TW2, and they've done it again in TW3.

Attachments

• exp 333.jpg
    exp 333.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
They've done an amazing job of creating a believable open world with dynamic weather, skyboxes, wildlife, believable vegetation and no artificial boundaries.

All of that comes before graphics at least it should. They won't dumb anything of that down just so you people can brag on internet forums.

In the lead up to TW2, CDPR was crystal clear on bullshots and doctored footage - they don't do it. Period. And they didn't. So unless that's changed, I fully expect high end PCs to attain the visual fidelity shown in the SOD trailer. Why the recent gameplay seems a downgrade (it does) is likely due to a number of factors, such as how old the build is, WIP, video compression etc.

Jupiter_on_Mars

In the lead up to TW2, CDPR was crystal clear on bullshots and doctored footage - they don't do it. Period. And they didn't. So unless that's changed, I fully expect high end PCs to attain the visual fidelity shown in the SOD trailer. Why the recent gameplay seems a downgrade (it does) is likely due to a number of factors, such as how old the build is, WIP, video compression etc.

Weren't those exact same factors at play when the SoD footage was recorded?

The trailers use footage from a controlled situation where everything is ramped up and uses the PC assets.

All of the gameplay footage that we've seen has not been under those beneficial conditions. Not only is the game still getting polished and optimised (the devs specifically mentioned it would look better over time until launch) but we also didn't see PC max graphics footage that uses the high quality PC assets to their full potential. Plus the edited trailers probably have post FX editing placed on top to make it look better, just like 99% of game trailers out there.

Be patient. there's no need to throw accusations around when you don't have all the information available just yet. The game is still under full development and graphics will be improving.

Last edited:
Weren't those exact same factors at play when the SoD footage was recorded?

Meaning the SOD trailer is deliberately more polished? Yes. But in regard to vid compression, SOD comes out clear on youtube while the gameplay vid doesn't. I'm just saying if SOD is CDPRs target render, I expect them to meet it.

Last edited:

If this doesn't convince you, I don't know what else will. That's a demo you're complaining about for crying out loud.

You cant be serious by taking this PR talk as 100% true. Obviously it looks good, but almost every game has this stuff written on the box art...

I can with CDPR.

edit: If there's one thing that CDPR has thought me is that there are developers out there that cares about their customer more than anything else, that's us gamers and it shows with their product.

We can have this discussion all we want but it is clearly disclosed that it's an outdated build. Is the demo downgraded compared to the trailers? Sure. Is it the final product? Hell no.

Last edited:
People need to understand that game development is a lengthy, and continuous process. Every time the developer shows us footage, they are risking their reputation because there are so many cynical gamers out there that will be quick to throw accusations of downgrading and selling out to the consoles. So reputation definitely matters, and in this regard, CDPR is not like Ubisoft and has never shown a history of deceit or subterfuge.

As the game becomes more and more optimized, they will be able to add graphical features that were absent in the build shown in this demo, leading up to the vaunted ultra quality setting which if I had to guess, will not be shown until the very last month or so until the game goes gold.. Also, the NVidia Gamesworks effects have not been applied. Things like HBAO+ in particular is an important graphical effect that has a big impact on image quality.. Not sure if PBR has been enabled yet either, at least not fully..

Until we see a newer build, all talk of downgrading should be taken with a massive dose of salt..

One striking thing about the difference in the OP's jpgs is the downgrade in colour. Far fewer colours in the new pics. I wish them good luck optimizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom