GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza, Jason and team

Nice stream the other night, really enjoyed it! The proposed changes and/or discussion surrounding them are very nice to hear. From what I have gathered the most pressing issue in Gwent right now (and for future directions) is the hand limit. I liked the proposed idea of keeping the hand limit, with added mulligans and I'm keen to see how it will change the game. I also really hope that you guys are not completely discarding the idea of the removal of the hand limit (don't know if the game engine allows it?). With that in mind I have a proposal. If you have some ideas regarding hand limit why not test it as a casual mode in game (something similar that you announced during the stream) from which you could get some feedback from the community as a whole. It would be great if people playing the game can test out different ideas of the hand limit before it is being implemented permanently in Gwent for the foreseeable future?

Keep up the great work guys.
Regards

Hi Burza, Jason and team

Nice stream the other night, really enjoyed it! The proposed changes and/or discussion surrounding them are very nice to hear. From what I have gathered the most pressing issue in Gwent right now (and for future directions) is the hand limit. I liked the proposed idea of keeping the hand limit, with added mulligans and I'm keen to see how it will change the game. I also really hope that you guys are not completely discarding the idea of the removal of the hand limit (don't know if the game engine allows it?). With that in mind I have a proposal. If you have some ideas regarding hand limit why not test it as a casual mode in game (something similar that you announced during the stream) from which you could get some feedback from the community as a whole. It would be great if people playing the game can test out different ideas of the hand limit before it is being implemented permanently in Gwent for the foreseeable future?

Keep up the great work guys.
Regards

Hi! Thanks! We'll see, but adding that to casual mode might be weird, would rather try to have a PTR for this :)

Absolutely loved the roadmap stream and I am really hyped about Jason being the new game director, he seems like the perfect guy for it!
Is there any plan to release a small number of cards alongside the new leaders in January?
For example a couple of core bronzes to flesh out their associated archetypes/playstyles

Not planned :)

Dear Burza,
Will 'Dammit' audio taunt return? Now that we have only a bunch of leaders who do audio taunt I believe it will not be hard (in the old system, every single Avatar needed changes if one has to change).
I miss 'Dammit' a lot and I have not seen anyone using 'Hurry Up' taunt.
Thanks,
RRC.

Hey Burza - Slama,

Will the expansions cards be just like the ones we have now - that is, independently crafted or is it obtainable in a specific pack only?

Hi Burza, love the stream, got 2 questions here:
1 We see almost every deck brings Unicorn and Chironex after the nerf of witchers, any thought on this?
2 Can we get a rework for Princess Adda, have to say her ability is 'lame' for a leader and have no interactions?
Thank you so much, have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
Hello! Very quick very simple. My Witcher 3 Shani figure is asking when she will be a card again in Gwent? :) TY for the awesome stream before and the amazing work you guys do on this game.

Hello Burza , in regards to the coming expanion , late march seems kinda late for the new content to be released ,at least that's what MOST of the gwent community thinks . Is there any chance we might see it pushed a little sooner??Also if it does come out late march are we gonna see metagame-changing patches to make the game feel more fresh? ( I know balance changes are planned but many of the already existing cards are rarely played) . Sorry for the long question and thanks in advance!

I know it isn't OP because you never seem to see pros running it but is the isbel round 3 with last say and a rot tosser an intended mechanic that should be allowed or kind of an oversight? Losing to someone that used that and emyrh caretaker sihil has to be the least fun thing I've ever experienced.

If you haven't heard of it this combination lets them put a cow anywhere, then isbel gives them another card but youv'e already passed even though a card shows up in your hand and then you lose because you just lost your tallest unit while they take another turn.

When new leaders are released, will they be added to the existing faction trees in the reward book or will there be a seperate tree for each set of new leaders?

I remembered today of a character that was hated through-out Beta Gwent before the nerfs that is missing in HC.

The character is Philippa Eilhart.

Is there a possibility for her to return in the near future. And is there a possibility for her to be OP the first time it appears.

Dear Burza,
Will 'Dammit' audio taunt return? Now that we have only a bunch of leaders who do audio taunt I believe it will not be hard (in the old system, every single Avatar needed changes if one has to change).
I miss 'Dammit' a lot and I have not seen anyone using 'Hurry Up' taunt.
Thanks,
RRC.

Maybe in the future, but not right now.

Hi Burza, love the stream, got 2 questions here:
1 We see almost every deck brings Unicorn and Chironex after the nerf of witchers, any thought on this?
2 Can we get a rework for Princess Adda, have to say her ability is 'lame' for a leader and have no interactions?
Thank you so much, have a nice weekend.

1. We'll see if this trend continues they might receive a change.
2. Thank you for the suggestion, we'll look into her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom