Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
And lets be honest here about raising money. THE WITCHER 3 IS GOING TO BE THE GOTY OF 2015, NO DOUBT, IT WILL SELL MORE THAN GTA V IN HIS RELEASE, AND IT WONT HAVE ANY COMPETITION AROUND THE YEAR, NO DARK SOULS, NOTHING. THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE BILLIONS HERE. AND IM 100% SURE OF IT, AND THEY ARE USING THEIR MONOPOLISTIC POSITION HERE, TO SELL 2 DLC'S THAT THEY WERE NOT IN THE DEVELOPMENT MONTHS AGO AND COULD HAVE BEEN FREE NO DOUBT, THEY ARE WINNING MORE THAN ENOUGH.
That's not being honest, that's guessing. And wild guessing at that.

GTA 5 made 1 billion dollars in 3 days. Yeah, my gut tells me that TW3 won't tickle that in 3 days. I think you are a bit overestimating the appeal of TW3 over more simple and straightforward products, as well as long established franchises. A game that lets you blow shit up and run around causing mayhem is more attractive to a much larger number of people than a game about a serious story with a lot of dialogue.

But if you're 100% sure, I suppose you're right.

As for them...
USING THEIR MONOPOLISTIC POSITION HERE, TO SELL 2 DLC'S THAT THEY WERE NOT IN THE DEVELOPMENT MONTHS AGO.
To begin with, I'm not sure what you mean by monopolistic position here. They're a gaming company in a sea of gaming companies - many of which sell much better. Let's ease down a bit with the sensational words here. There's nothing monopolistic.

As for them selling (gasp) 2 "DLC"s (that's twisting the way the term has come to be known today) that were not in development months ago... well,
A) You don't know if they were in development months ago. Then again, today everyone is 100% sure about everything, so what the fuck do I know. Proof is so 90s.
B) Let's say they weren't in development months ago... isn't that a good thing? Doesn't that mean they were focusing on TW3 solely until release? What are the implications of it not being in development months ago?
C) Not being developed doesn't mean not planned.

AND COULD HAVE BEEN FREE NO DOUBT
Why?
I thought it wasn't developed before TW3 was complete?
If they work on something after TW3 is complete... shouldn't it be... not-free and not included in a product that was already released?

THEY ARE WINNING MORE THAN ENOUGH
At the moment they're not winning anything. But you're 100% sure they'll win billions once TW3 is out, sorry, forgot.

What's "enough"?

And once they reach that "enough" you're about to describe to me, does that mean they should hand out money and gifts? Are they a charity? Is a company who doesn't hand out money and gifts (and it's not that CDPR aren't generous - there are plenty of examples, so you have a big burden to lift here about why the CE purchasers should get significantly more than what they bought) not gaining the faith of people? Is the standard of a good company one that hands out its money?

And why shouldn't that money be reserved for CP77 - something that is relevant to all fans, not a handful?

Last note - caps lock makes it harder for others to take you seriously. Cyber-shouting isn't attractive.

Last edited:
I understand, i was worried about this too, BUT C.E. is not the same as "season pass" where you get all dlc's at much lower price, i'm pretty sure there will be some discount someday. I ordered the CE at $300, and if there will be discount for the expantions, good, if not, no problem, i don't mind paying full price for them, i fooking love tw series, and cdprojektred deserves our support,

like i said, dun worry buddy, i'm sure there will be some discount :)

besides, cdprojektred is being very generous giving us 16 free dlc's, which company/developer does that? no one

Last edited:
That's not being honest, that's guessing. And wild guessing at that.

GTA 5 made 1 billion dollars in 3 days. Yeah, my gut tells me that TW3 won't tickle that in 3 days. I think you are a bit overestimating the appeal of TW3 over more simple and straightforward products, as well as long established franchises. A game that lets you blow shit up and run around causing mayhem is more attractive to a much larger number of people than a game about a serious story with a lot of dialogue.

But if you're 100% sure, I suppose you're right.

As for them...

To begin with, I'm not sure what you mean by monopolistic position here. They're a gaming company in a sea of gaming companies - many of which sell much better. Let's ease down a bit with the sensational words here. There's nothing monopolistic.

As for them selling (gasp) 2 "DLC"s (that's twisting the way the term has come to be known today) that were not in development months ago... well,
A) You don't know if they were in development months ago. Then again, today everyone is 100% sure about everything, so what the fuck do I know. Proof is so 90s.
B) Let's say they weren't in development months ago... isn't that a good thing? Doesn't that mean they were focusing on TW3 solely until release? What are the implications of it not being in development months ago?
C) Not being developed doesn't mean not planned.

Why?
I thought it wasn't developed before TW3 was complete?
If they work on something after TW3 is complete... shouldn't it be... not-free and not included in a product that was already released?

At the moment they're not winning anything. But you're 100% sure they'll win billions once TW3 is out, sorry, forgot.

What's "enough"?

And once they reach that "enough" you're about to describe to me, does that mean they should hand out money and gifts? Are they a charity? Is a company who doesn't hand out money and gifts (and it's not that CDPR aren't generous - there are plenty of examples, so you have a big burden to lift here about why the CE purchasers should get significantly more than what they bought) not gaining the faith of people? Is the standard of a good company one that hands out its money?

And why shouldn't that money be reserved for CP77 - something that is relevant to all fans, not a handful?

Last note - caps lock makes it harder for others to take you seriously. Cyber-shouting isn't attractive.

Have a look at all your surroundings, people in my college who doesnt have a console or even a decent computer, is going to buy a console just for playing The Witcher 3, and they are not fans of anything, they just like what they see. All the magazines are practically masturbating with this game, you can tell by looking up the news, every very very very little detal like for example that All the The Witcher 3 map has been checked by a level designer, I mean, thats a bullshit new isnt it? Not really important, but still has it own article, and about the other games they dont publish not even half of that because all the magazines are waiting this monster, you can tell that there is much more expectation about the witcher, than GTA.

I should have said they are "going" to win more than enough.

About monopolistic, tell me a single game in the whole year who can match the witcher 3 and be a capable competitor, no one bruh, no one, only a new TES could have done that and its not going to be this year. They have all the RPG's prizes for sure, and very likely the GOTY. They didnt say anything about paying DLC's months ago, not a single word, only 16 free DLC, and when they realised the expectation around the game, they knew they could make more money out of it with paying DLC's. Which is perfect, but still a monopolistic move.

---------- Updated at 07:24 PM ----------

I've seen complaints about the free DLC that pretty much tells me that no matter the price people will still find something to complain about.

Go to the magazines website, check the most rated comments in the 16 free dlc new and the 2 dlc new. Im sure you can tell the difference, its true that some will always be a dick, but i think that this is not a small thinking about the 2 dlc's, they are all making up critics about the double yardstick that people has with other companies when they announce DLC's and CDProjekt with having more people defending it.

---------- Updated at 07:27 PM ----------

I should give up here, i wanted to make a formal proposition to CDProjekt gathering support, but it is obvious that some has the critic spirit dead when it comes to CDProjekt, just think what would you think about this if this was another game an another company with the same ethic reputation with the players. It's terrible the fanboy bias. Cant make a critic opinion without getting publicly shot.

THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE BILLIONS HERE. AND IM 100% SURE OF IT.

It's a nice thought ain't it :)

If they haven't been lying to us then its increasingly looking like they deserve such a payday. But even before that they deserve a payday for extension products created outside of the main game development lifecycle, such as these 2 new dlc. Collectors edition can only be expected to contain elements created during the original development cycle.

Hello everyone. I just have a little tidbit of information a handful of very devoted fans would like to know. I was curious so I went ahead and asked CDPR whether or not the expansions would be included in the Collectors Edition. They told me:

"The Expansions are a separate entity and are not a part of the Collector's Edition, much like they're not part of any other edition of the game out there. You can buy them along with the game, but they have a fixed price, that's added to the base price of the game."

Interpret it as you will.

Now, if I follow your original post correctly, @Eldarth, you want to petition CD Projekt Red for a discount on the Expansions only for those who were able to purchase the Collector's Edition of The Witcher III?

...They didnt say anything about paying DLC's months ago, not a single word, only 16 free DLC, and when they realised the expectation around the game, they knew they could make more money out of it with paying DLC's. Which is perfect, but still a monopolistic move...

Oh c'mon.... First don't mix DLC with expansions... Second they said many times that if they make bigger thing they will charge for it.
Then you're guessing .. they saw, they did because of this and that...etc... and then you're talking about critic spirit....?!?

If the critic is valid nobody here has any problem with it... I've been here long enough to confirm it.

Have a look at all your surroundings, people in my college who doesnt have a console or even a decent computer, is going to buy a console just for playing The Witcher 3, and they are not fans of anything, they just like what they see.

Wait... If a large number of people is making sacrifices for get a console or a decent PC and cannot pay a CE must be punished paying MORE than those who can afford the CE via expansions? Like you? There's something I cannot understand here...

I know that buying the Collectors Edition, you wont get a DLC announced later, i just wanted to make a REQUEST, about us, getting a better deal that also benefits them because of the bad impact the announce had. If it should be for all who preordered or what i dont know, thats their call, im just making a suggestion here for improving their public image and our deal as customers, nothing wrong about it.

---------- Updated at 07:52 PM ----------

Wait... If a large number of people is making sacrifices for get a console or a decent PC and cannot pay a CE must be punished paying MORE tahn those who can afford the CE? Like you? There's something I cannot understand here...

As i just said, thats CDProjekts call if they wanted to do what i said, to me, makes sense as minimun, rewarding the Collectors Edition, because when you buy a console, the money is for Sony or Microsoft's pocket, not CDProjekt, but, a lot of months before the releasing, preordering the game at it highest price, shows some faith and support that should be rewarded dont you think? And i get your point, but thats their call.

---------- Updated at 07:53 PM ----------

Now, if I follow your original post correctly, @Eldarth, you want to petition CD Projekt Red for a discount on the Expansions only for those who were able to purchase the Collector's Edition of The Witcher III?

Or the normal edition, thats CDProjekt's call, i just want to make the request of getting a better deal, the size of the deal is not our call.

I know that buying the Collectors Edition, you wont get a DLC announced later, i just wanted to make a REQUEST, about us, getting a better deal that also benefits them because of the bad impact the announce had. If it should be for all who preordered or what i dont know, thats their call, im just making a suggestion here for improving their public image and our deal as customers, nothing wrong about it.

---------- Updated at 07:52 PM ----------

As i just said, thats CDProjekts call if they wanted to do what i said, to me, makes sense as minimun, rewarding the Collectors Edition, because when you buy a console, the money is for Sony or Microsoft's pocket, not CDProjekt, but, a lot of months before the releasing, preordering the game at it highest price, shows some faith and support that should be rewarded dont you think? And i get your point, but thats their call.

No, you're saying those who cannot have the CE have to pay the expansions ($20) in front those who can afford a CE ($150-200) must be awarded with a discount. Is that fair? It sounds me a little selfish. IMHO

A very basic question: why should the company give a discount because of their announcement to release more content?

No, you're saying those who cannot have the CE have to pay the expansions ($20) in front those who can afford a CE must be awarded with a discount. It sounds me a little selfish. IMHO

It may sound like that, but im asking them for both of them, BUT, i think that AT LEAST, they should support the people who gave more money, this is about how much money you give for supporting, to me, both should get them, but i dont know how much impact may have in their economy, so i dont get on that because i dont have the information.

It may sound like that, but im asking them for both of them, BUT, i think that AT LEAST, they should support the people who gave more money, this is about how much money you give for supporting, to me, both should get them, but i dont know how much impact may have in their economy, so i dont get on that because i dont have the information.

You've killed me..

Last edited:
I think people are starting to use DLC and Expansion pack interchangeably, but there are some significant differences.

DLCs initially were small additions to games for a small price, but then they became an easy way to milk games.

Expansion packs on the other hand, could be in practice DLC, because they could be download only and they probably will be, but they offer much more.
Back in my day, boy do I feel old saying that, expansion packs were large, offered a lot of content and were really meaningful, so you would get really excited when an expansion pack was announced. This is what CDPR is doing with these 2 and I'm excited.

In recent years, when some company announces DLC, I usually don't pay much attention, because usually it's just stuff I don't need or some insignificant money grab. There are very few examples where DLCs are actually expansion packs, just like back in the day.

I find it astounding that people think that a 30+ hours of additional content should be free. Hell, some new overhyped games recently offer only 5-10 hours for a full game price.
I mean, we'll get 16 DLCs for free and people still complain.

A very basic question: why should the company give a discount because of their announcement to release more content?

Because.

1) The announcement had a bad impact on customers that with the 16 DLC's for free, they though, that all the DLC's in the witcher 3 would be free, and CDProjekt didnd say that but thats what people though, now, they should do it, to improve their public image and second, we, as customers, get a better deal, more people likes CDProjekt being very loyal and nice to their fans so they are joining the fans. Its a win-win deal.

---------- Updated at 08:05 PM ----------

I think people are starting to use DLC and Expansion pack interchangeably, but there are some significant differences.

DLCs initially were small additions to games for a small price, but then they became an easy way to milk games.

Expansion packs on the other hand, could be in practice DLC, because they could be download only and they probably will be, but they offer much more.
Back in my day, boy do I feel old saying that, expansion packs were large, offered a lot of content and were really meaningful, so you would get really excited when an expansion pack was announced. This is what CDPR is doing with these 2 and I'm excited.

In recent years, when some company announces DLC, I usually don't pay much attention, because usually it's just stuff I don't need or some insignificant money grab. There are very few examples where DLCs are actually expansion packs, just like back in the day.

I find it astounding that people think that a 30+ hours of additional content should be free. Hell, some new overhyped games recently offer only 5-10 hours for a full game price.
I mean, we'll get 16 DLCs for free and people still complain.

You are right, and i dont know why i cant give you red point but, i agree with you, i remember the zombie nightmare of the Red Dead Redemption, it was large and awesome. I dont ask them to be free because we deserve it, im just saying that as an advertising campaign it would be very good for CDProjekt's public image, because it has been deteriorated by somehow not accomplish, what people though the 16 free dlc meant. I support a discount for all the preordered or at least the Collectors Edition people for wasting more money. Of course, this is just a request that may be a win.win for both,

Because.

1) The announcement had a bad impact on customers that with the 16 DLC's for free, they though, that all the DLC's in the witcher 3 would be free, and CDProjekt didnd say that but thats what people though, now, they should do it, to improve their public image and second, we, as customers, get a better deal, more people likes CDProjekt being very loyal and nice to their fans so they are joining the fans. Its a win-win deal.

There are expansion level content packs, not just some hat DLCs. There's a significant difference.
It's obvious that you want to get them for free (everyone loves free stuff), but this is content that they are just starting to work on and considering the scope of it, it's fair to ask for a price.

You can't compare the 16 DLCs (free for the loyal fans as you put it) with these 2, there's a big difference, but I feat that all reason is falling on deaf ears.
I'll gladly pay for this content and I love the stance CDPR are taking on this, wait, see, buy if you think it's worth it.

....with the 16 DLC's for free, they though, that all the DLC's in the witcher 3 would be free

Sorry, but theres so many of us who didn't think that for even a second, expected - nay even hoped for - paid expansions so we can all get as much as possible out of this finale of Geralts journey.

Sorry, but theres so many of us who didn't think that for even a second, expected - nay even hoped for - paid expansions so we can all get as much as possible out of this finale of Geralts journey.

Im just saying what most of the people may have though by the reactions. Just that.

Because.

I see. However, I feel that a basic distinction between the DLCs and the Expansions needs to be made. They are not the same thing, as @val.mitev pointed out above. A statement explaining the difference would be more practical from a business standpoint, than the course you suggest. I feel there are simply insufficient grounds for a discount on the mere pretext of a confusion of contents. A discount would be generally appreciated, but I see no compelling reason here for it.

Top Bottom