Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
If they're still on the design stage, I'd hope they wait until they start to get post-launch feedback before making too many decisions about changes such as combat mechanics.

Questions about the Expansion Pass

Does the pass cover all expansions after the two announced (assuming there are more expansions)? Or will it cover just those two?

To my mind the best Expansions did offer a revitalised mechanic of their base game, just enough to add that little extra game-discovery incentive while playing, but nowhere near so much as to constitute a "new game". The REDs could even leverage their strengths and produce a relatively low-action high-narrative detective-noir Raymond Maarloeve-esque complicated C&C whodunnit. Or just give us Jaskiers strings to play with. ;)

Point I failed to make earlier here was... although "dlc" is pretty much a dirty word now, a tainted brand whose mention doesn't exactly help sales, there are obviously reasons why the industry favours them over more complete though infrequent expansions, and we'd be wrong to assume all those reasons are rapacious. Fair enough, but from this consumers point of view piecemeal dlc hold little attraction while I've bought every expansion to every game back in the day. Expansions encourage me back for another play with all their features at once, whereas occasionally returning to a game for a short dlc has never caught on with me.

That said, most companies as we know have, at one time or another, or constantly, milked the dlc phenomenon for its marrow, but the REDs know better than to do that. £20 for these 2 expansions seems like a very good deal to me, and I fully trust each to be as they've promised "meaningful content" uncommon amongst their peers, and why not? The crap limitations, low quality & value, placed on most dlc so far doesn't have to be endemic to all future dlc, the REDs could push those boundaries right out, deliver a dlc of such clear value & distinction to their customers, and show how it can be done better in future.

Question about the expainsion pass on physical copies of witcher3

As the title implies i have bought a physical copy of The Witcher3, and i was wondering how i would go about adding the expansions to my game when they release, and if i can buy the expansions from GoG.

So, this is about the 2 DLC's

[PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE TO THE DLC'S THREAD, THIS IS ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE AND IN THERE IT WOULD ONLY GET LOST IN ALL THAT COMMENTS, AND IT IS MUCH DIFFERENT THAT JUST AN OPINION ABOUT THE DLC'S]

Well, i send a private message to Marcin Mormont about the 2 DLC's and i think you guys should vote about what i said to him, so it would prove somehow my opinion about all this, and maybe i dont know, ¿making pressure on CDProjekt by gathering signatures or something?
Here is the message i sent:

Hi ! I just wanted to say that the DLC's im sure they will be cool and they are worth the prize, but i think that the people who preordered the Collector Edition is being a little bit disapointed with this, i mean, we bough the Collector Edition hoping to get all the extra content about the game, and we have spent about 150€, so it feels a little bit unfair to have to pay another 25€ for 2 DLC's that could have been perfectly included in the Collector Edition or at least on it with a little bit higher price.

However, i think that we should have some kind of discount for trusting and helping CDProjekt and being loyal to you when the game was still on a long way to come out.

Anyways, I'm sure that you have noticed that, on this forum, people looks pleased, and i am, but in most of the videogames sites that i have seen, they are quite disapointed because the 16 free DLC's made look like there was not going to be any DLC that required to pay. I know you didnt promise this, but still feels a little bit like a trap or betrayal.

I highly recommend you as a loyal fan of CDProjekt who has spent 150€ in the CE , bough The Witcher 2 when i had already cracked and ended it only for supporting, and since I played the witcher 2 has read 5 books of Andrzej Sapkowski paying all them, that you make some kind of discount to the people who preordered the game, or at least, the ones who spent a lot of money in the Collectors Edition

Its good for the company for keeping his ethic and proving that is loyal and fair with the customers and is it very wise to rectified, its good for the public image that the company has with the player, that its not like one of that AAA Activision or Blizzard that is only looking for money no matter what, and im sure that this kind of gesture will be rewarded with more loyal fans.

If you make things right, people will be on your side and will support you, like i did when i played the cracked The Witcher 2 and i realized that you deserved that money.

Im waiting your answer, and I hope you guys rectify about this, and make some kind of discount for all preordered players or at least the ones who preordered the Collectors Edition who have spent a lot of money.

Thank you.

Well then, i want you to vote what you think about this so we can make CDProjekt know about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
but i think that the people who preordered the Collector Edition is being a little bit disapointed with this, i mean, we bough the Collector Edition hoping to get all the extra content about the game, and we have spent about 150€, so it feels a little bit unfair to have to pay another 25€ for 2 DLC's that could have been perfectly included in the Collector Edition or at least on it with a little bit higher price.

I'm not disappointed in the slightest. I knowingly paid $200 AUD for my Collector's Edition with the contents AS IS. The introduction of additional content coming later doesn't magically devalue the contents in the Collector's Edition. I summed up the parts of the CE, the extra goodies, the extra CDPR support, my love for the series and the sentimental value of those extras and decided that was worth the money.
It's not unfair in the slightest, if you think the Collector's Edition was undervalued by 25 Euros, well then you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

As for the discount, well sure it would be nice to see CDPR keep their "pre-order discount" tradition flowing and perhaps offer up a little discount for the Expansion Pass also, however it is wholly unnecessary. Expansion Content isn't made to appeal to newcomers, it doesn't have the same significance placed upon it by the masses. It's made purely for the fans, people who bought the base game and want more, and hence making a discount ultimately unnecessary. If it was just generally ludicrously overpriced, then you'd have a problem, but $25 is completely reasonable for a 30+ hour content expansion to a game (You will hopefully love) and that's not unreasonable to ask.
Not to mention that a $2.50 discount isn't going to suddenly solve some of the rage happening around the internet. Those people being unreasonable about this will find some way to be unreasonable about it no matter what.

Nothing needs to be made right and nothing needs to be rectified because there is nothing wrong. This is going to be annoying to read because you spent a lot of money on the Collector's Edition, but - you spent a lot of money on the Collector's Edition. Nothing more. Nothing less. You knew exactly what you were getting. I fail to understand how spending a lot of money on X means you should also receive Y for free when it comes in the future, and is completely unrelated. Especially when Y is something that is the result of a lot of effort.

I think the word "entitled" gets thrown a bit too easily in the gaming industry, but to me this is a fitting example - the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. Buying the Collector's Edition results in receiving the Collector's Edition, not any future material regarding TW3 that other people are charged for.

To me, just the fact that CDPR offered a total of 20% discount on pre-orders if you own the previous games is a sign of kindness towards their fans. All their fans.

CDPR have their generous moments but I feel people are expecting them to be saints and holier than the Pope - and then are disappointed when they're reminded on occasion that it's still a business company and their products aren't charity. People become disappointed not because CDPR does something greedy, but does it doesn't do something generous. This is so upside down.

Last edited:
We've been over this all before, pages ago. Let CD Projekt Red deal with those who may be upset by the announcement.

Don't want to seem rude but, have you forget what is the CE content? Is it not complet enough for asking for more bonus? :(

You are getting my words out of context.

Im just saying that, "it feels a little bit like" and so on, of course that i bough the Collector Edition hoping to get the Collectors Edition stuff, but with the 16 free dlc, it looked like it was going to be all dlc's for free, and i know they didnt promise that, but it feels like that, they gave the image that all the DLC's was for free.

And Im sure that is worthy and im 100% buying it, but, people who gets the Collectors Edition is hoping to get everything and im saying that, if you actually check around all the videogames magazines, people are a little bit disapointed about it, so it would be good to the company to make this deal to make their public image better. Im not saying they owe me a shit, they owe me nothing, i bough what i bough, im just recomending a better deal with loyal customers and improving their public image towards the public.

And lets be honest here about raising money. THE WITCHER 3 IS GOING TO BE THE GOTY OF 2015, NO DOUBT, IT WILL SELL MORE THAN GTA V IN HIS RELEASE, AND IT WONT HAVE ANY COMPETITION AROUND THE YEAR, NO DARK SOULS, NOTHING. THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE BILLIONS HERE. AND IM 100% SURE OF IT, AND THEY ARE USING THEIR MONOPOLISTIC POSITION HERE, TO SELL 2 DLC'S THAT THEY WERE NOT IN THE DEVELOPMENT MONTHS AGO AND COULD HAVE BEEN FREE NO DOUBT, THEY ARE WINNING MORE THAN ENOUGH.

A large majority of people have already pre-ordered the game it would be borderline asinine to offer a discount for those people. Even if they were to discount say $2 for the expansions for everybody that has pre-ordered the game that would still add up fairly quickly. All of a sudden CDPR is -1000+ dollars, combine that with the money lost from discounting the game on the Playstation Store and GoG and that's a whole lot of lost money.

A large majority of people have already pre-ordered the game it would be borderline asinine to offer a discount for those people. Even if they were to discount say $2 for the expansions for everybody that has pre-ordered the game that would still add up fairly quickly. All of a sudden CDPR is -1000+ dollars, combine that with the money lost from discounting the game on the Playstation Store and GoG and that's a whole lot of lost money.

Yeah i know, that why i think that if they are going to do it they should do it after the release date or say that they are getting people who preordered before the i dont know, 1st of April ?

Top Bottom