Hearts of Stone. Game crash (Spoilers)

+
Any news? Can't play until sunday, but would like to know if they have said anything on the issue yet?

The things happening to me too. At the start of the sailor moon scene game crashes, and return to desktop. I can hear the voices of Shani and Geralt and i see the witcher game icon near to the windows start but when i click on it i can't return to the game no more, staying on desktop. The only fix waiting the patch is not making the Shani romance i think.
I'm on PC too and i run at extreme all with no problems, so it's not a graphical card problem.

Guys WORKAROUND for now!
At least it worked for me. You beat the devil out of space button at the scene (you spam space for skipping), if you do this fast enough it will work, you just wont see the scene. If you wanna see exactly what happened, go on Youtube and watch. Remember after sex scene there is beach scene and the beach scene crushed me too, so keep spamming space. Worked for me 2nd time I tried to spam space really hard.

Last edited:
Guys FIX for now!
At least it worked for me. You beat the devil out of space button at the scene (you spam space for skipping), if you do this fast enough it will work, you just wont see the scene. If you wanna see exactly what happened, go on Youtube and watch. Remember after sex scene there is beach scene and the beach scene crushed me too, so keep spamming space. Worked for me 2nd time I tried to spam space really hard.

That's not a fix though, just a workaround. You could just send shani back to the wedding and it would go on as usual. I expect a fix before I play the expansion, hopefully soon.

Sucks for people like me who play it for the story and not for the gameplay. And most people won't play through the game more than once.

Win7 64 , Geforce 980, driver 344.75, ultra settings (but no AA and AO), hairworks ON, at ultra setting : no problem at all.
maybe it's the recent drivers ?
(Vsync ON in NV panel, pre-rendered frames at 1, triple-buffer OFF)

@kognito Yep true, its not fix but workaround (renamed it in last post). I just wrote this, so people know how can they have this story inside your plot / save, by sending Shani back to the weeding you might have alternated some plot later on etc.

Same here, writing so it gets noticed and hopefully patched, either by Nvidia or CDProjekt, Specs are GTX760 with 358.50 Drivers, rolling back to 352 didn't solve the problem, i hope it helps

Same here, writing so it gets noticed and hopefully patched, either by Nvidia or CDProjekt, Specs are GTX760 with 358.50 Drivers, rolling back to 352 didn't solve the problem, i hope it helps

As per suggestion on another thread I Rolled Back to 344.75, it got me further into the cutscene without changing settings, but still crashed, gonna try some more times and tell you if it works.

Same problem here with GTX880M SLI, GeForce Windows10 driver 353.62, console-mod and all available dlc installed, Downscaling the graphic settings didn't solved anything. Updating the driver to vs 358.50 wasn't successful either. I'm fine with choosing another story-path, but I'm still curious if there might be a solution/fix for this problem.

Edit: using the spacebar to skip scenes got me further into the story/scene but game froze eventually before the end of the cut-scene.

Last edited:
Yeah, you can spacebar it through the boat ride but, despite spamming the spacebar, it still crashes for me during the beach scene.

Solution

Yeah, you can spacebar it through the boat ride but, despite spamming the spacebar, it still crashes for me during the beach scene.
Try turning on HBAO+ in Postprocessing if you have an NVIDIA card. Seems to work better that SSAO. Also set it to Windowed (as opposed to Borderless or Full) This got me through the whole thing. Even the beach scene to finish and progress.

Try turning on HBAO+ in Postprocessing if you have an NVIDIA card. Seems to work better that SSAO. Also set it to Windowed (as opposed to Borderless or Full) This got me through the whole thing. Even the beach scene to finish and progress.

Thanks a lot, that actually got me through the scene without downgrading graphics!

Same problem here. Screen turns black right before sex scene and then game crashes. (Win 7, GeForce GTX 760, Steam version)
Its seems that game does something bad to your drivers because i had a video in a second window and it turned black too. (and it was black until i restarted the player) Same thing can happen when you installing new drivers while watching a video.
Wel.. this is still an issue even after patch 1.11
Anyway, setting all graphics and effects to low really helped to get past this.

This bug is still happening. GTX 670.
Tried:
-Setting all graphics options to low/off
-Windowed mode
-Rolled-back driver

Nothing worked. Never had any issues with the game before...

Kinda breaks my heart to tell Shani to bugger off just so I can keep playing...

Last edited:
Top Bottom