Hearts of Stone release date announced

+

:D

Ok. Joke aside.
Looks interesting :like:
I think that title still belongs to Watch_Doges.

I, too, humbly request Iorveth and Saskia because they're awesome and I miss them. Along with more Yennefer because it seems I'm like the only one ever to think that what we get doesn't make up for the other two games we've spent waiting for her. :p

Can't wait for the physical gwent cards! Does this mean there's a chance at getting the other two decks that were in the Xbox One CE?

Along with the digital release, gamers will also be able to purchase a special, limited boxed edition of Hearts of Stone (SRP $19.99/19.99€) available at selected retailers worldwide. The box contains a digital download code for the expansion, two masterfully crafted physical decks of Gwent, the card game set in the world of The Witcher, and a detailed manual explaining the rules.

Thanks for the announcement, @Marcin Momot (that was rather sooner)! Looks like great fun!

However, I would just like to insure we're all perfectly clear on the Limited Edition: The box does not contain a physical game disc, only a download code -- is that correct, Marcin? I want to make certain people understand this, as there'll likely be some confusion.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been answered, but, where can i find more information on buying the Limited Edition of the expansion?
Their website lists only digital stores and no retail ones.

Zerrikanian warriors in war-torn North? Bad time for tourism, that's intriguing :)

Who said they are Zerrikanian? What if someone left open a portal to Dorne from Game of Thrones? :wisegirl:

---------- Updated at 04:12 PM ----------

This guy is an ELF, and Iorveth has been captured as well. I'M SURE OF IT :smile:
Looks like Dandelion to me.

So i will be able to get my hands on gwent cards ... but only 2 of the 4 decks ? what about the other 2 ? will they be available for purchase as well or will they stay xbox exclusive forever ?

Last edited:
I wonder if there's some of those famous Warrior Women from Zerrikanian... That is, assuming those are Zerrikanians.
Tea and Vea were badasses in the books, so that's why i want to know :p

This is looking awesome! HYPE HYPE! Shani!

Guys, it's quite reasonable that Saskia and Iorveth will appear in the bigger expansions in 2016 and I am pretty happy of that: I am very hyped for Hearts of Stones but it's clear that the plot of this expansion involves other characters: the man of the glass, Shani and the villain at least. I prefer that Iorveth and Saskia will be our main co protagonist in the bigger expansion, maybe with a plot focused on elves (I still hope in Francesca and Insengrim appearance), rather than making a brief appearance in this first DLC.

So i will be able to get my hands on gwent cards ... but only 2 of the 4 decks ? what about the the other 2 ? will they be available for purchase as well or will they stay xbox exclusive forever ?

Maybe when Blood & Wine drops. I don't have anyone to play GWENT with though. :doubt2:

Soooooo, the man of Glass is clearly a Zerrikanian Mage of some sort - he lacks an accent so he must have spent a lot of time outside of Zerrikania, so he may be some sort of spy as he still has access to a Zerrikanian guard group.

Ehh? clearly? I doubt it, I'm pretty sure that guy walking in front of the Zerrikanian's is not the man of glass, he is wearing something completely different. These are probably geralts captors.

I think the man of glass is some sort of ancient magical creature.

The leaked dialog about the mark said that not Triss or Yen could remove it, that the markings were ancient magic.

Geralt: Listen… this mark - can you do anything about it?
Yennefer: I can scratch it if it itches, but I fear that's all.
Geralt: I'm not joking, Yen.
Yennefer: Neither am I. These symbols… it's ancient, powerful magic. I've no notion how to remove them.

The scene file where Geralt talks to the man of glass about yennefer (at the beginning of the game) is called

q001_7d_mephisto_about_yenn.w2scene

you know someone they refer to as mephisto can't be up to no good. *Diablo 2 flashblacks*

so, honestly I think that the "man of glass" is the antagonist.

Also does anyone recognise this city from the base game? Or is this one of the new areas we were teased about earlier?
That's novigrad, but it's viewed from the north, it's outside of the current world, so the world might expand a little.

Last edited:
I, too, humbly request Iorveth and Saskia because they're awesome and I miss them. Along with more Yennefer because it seems I'm like the only one ever to think that what we get doesn't make up for the other two games we've spent waiting for her.

/sign

Geralt's face was burning.

Radovid confirmed.
Aha !
So it was just a bad radovid double philippa killed....makes sense :D

Ehh? clearly? I doubt it, I'm pretty sure that guy walking in front of the Zerrikanian's is not the man of glass, he is wearing something completely different. These are probably his captors and the man of glass is some sort of ancient magical creature.

The leaked dialog about the mark said that not Triss or Yen could remove it, that the markings were ancient magic.

Geralt: Listen… this mark - can you do anything about it?
Yennefer: I can scratch it if it itches, but I fear that's all.
Geralt: I'm not joking, Yen.
Yennefer: Neither am I. These symbols… it's ancient, powerful magic. I've no notion how to remove them.

The scene file where Geralt talks to the man of glass about yennefer (at the beginning of the game) is called

q001_7d_mephisto_about_yenn.w2scene

you know someone they refer to as mephisto can't be up to no good. *Diablo 2 flashblacks*

so, honestly I think that the "man of glass" is the antagonist.

That's novigrad, but it's viewed from the north, it's outside of the current world, so the world might expand a little.

Looks like the back of his head to me, those upward turned ears being the main giveaway - Also people can change clothes - also who says the trailer was in chronological order? - You may be imprisoned, cursed by the Man of Glass and then carried away by the Zerrikanians once he reveals his origins deeper into Redania to some hideout of a secret organisation.

Hmm, so it's further into Redania.

Magic practiced in Zerrikania may well be ancient forms of magic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom