Hey! Will there be a THIRD expansion to one of the best games ever created?

+
Hey! Will there be a THIRD expansion to one of the best games ever created?

Sure, there should be one.

Yeah, this game should a break in certain pattern of 'two maximum expansions' before going to the next project, especially because of its big success, and no near future plans to create a Witcher 4.

Last edited:
no one can give you an answer. There is currently no plan for the third expansion or the Witcher 4. We're free to hope though.

no one can give you an answer. There is currently no plan for the third expansion or the Witcher 4. We're free to hope though.

The Witcher 4 is not the same as a third expansion of the Witcher 3. Please do not mix those two things. They are too distant from each other.

And the third expansion for the Witcher 3 is something you should ask for now and forever.

Last edited:

cyseal

If they won't make W4 soon, maybe there will be 3rd unplanned expansion but only if B&W goes well recieved.

I think B&W is it, for DLC/expansions. C.D.P.R. has a good reputation, when it comes to sticking to what they say, and they were pretty clear that B&W will be the last we see of TW3.

No. There will not be. CDPR have definitively stated that there are will be two expansions and that Blood & WIne is Geralt's last adventure with CDPR. After this it is on to CP 2077.

Why not? If the game - my compliments. Why throw it? You can make a break for six months or a year, but to throw a game like The Witcher 3 is - crime.
In addition, where such confidence that cyberpunk 2077 will be a popular? We must proceed from the fact that The Witcher 3 is already popular game. And the fact that people want to play it ... In general, in my opinion the end adventure Geralt's at its peak of popularity, it is not correct. In addition to what you have decided that The Witcher 4, with a new hero will be as popular? Or maybe it will be a failure? So I do not understand the developers.

Last edited:
Maybe if you really love the idea about it; who knows? I think there are lots of opportunities to do it.
I mean, I would love that there were plans for a third expansion pack (provided quality remains the same as HOS), but so far there has been 0 indication that CDPR have any wish to do so.

It's all about opportunity cost. They want to make their next great game. TW3 has had a year of content releases, and has been their main focus for several years. They are ready to move on.

It's all about opportunity cost. They want to make their next great game. TW3 has had a year of content releases, and has been their main focus for several years. They are ready to move on.

This.

They have been working on this franchise for what...12 years? 13 years? Something in that ball-park. As much as C.D.P.R. and its fans, love the Witcher series, 12 to 13 straight years of dragons and castles and swords can get tiring. CP77 isn't just a nice break for us. It's also a much-needed break for them.

Yes, I would love more Witcher content. Who the heck wouldn't? And, the idea that this is the last we'll see of Geralt makes me wonder who the Hell is standing behind me, cutting onions. But, it's time to move on, and give C.D.P.R. a chance to break their previous records of "Most 'Game of the Year' Awards For Any Game Ever Made" with CP77.

This.

They have been working on this franchise for what...12 years? 13 years? Something in that ball-park. As much as C.D.P.R. and its fans, love the Witcher series, 12 to 13 straight years of dragons and castles and swords can get tiring. CP77 isn't just a nice break for us. It's also a much-needed break for them.

Yes, I would love more Witcher content. Who the heck wouldn't? And, the idea that this is the last we'll see of Geralt makes me wonder who the Hell is standing behind me, cutting onions. But, it's time to move on, and give C.D.P.R. a chance to break their previous records of "Most 'Game of the Year' Awards For Any Game Ever Made" with CP77.
Oh, something it reminds me... Bioware. When they have created a wonderful Dragon Age:Origins and Mass Effect, well then told that they need to go further. Then released DA2 and DAI and still release the MEA ... I dread to think what horror awaits us there ...

Oh, something it reminds me... Bioware. When they have created a wonderful Dragon Age:Origins and Mass Effect, well then told that they need to go further. Then released DA2 and DAI and still release the MEA ... I dread to think what horror awaits us there ...

Way wrong place for this discussion. These things don't end well. :exasperation:

Unlikely. CDPR have stated Blood and Wine will be the last expansion. Though they did also say there was other new stuff coming in the last half of 2016 and the game would be supported until then, so who knows I guess. An Enhanced/GOTY Edition is far more likely.

I mean, I would love that there were plans for a third expansion pack (provided quality remains the same as HOS), but so far there has been 0 indication that CDPR have any wish to do so.

Yeah, but because they do not plan anything with the Witcher franchise (no Witcher 4) in the near future or anything, any expansion as good as HOS (even a bit shorter) is always welcomed. If they release Redkit, maybe modders will take care of "the third expansion"? It would be a good solution because on the other hand some long term cooldown is a good thing; better than never ending TV series, which gets bored sooner or later (as Marcin said), and maybe it will be better than breaking the traditional cycle of two expansions per game.

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn't mind the 13 (14, with the story about Geralt's mother.) canon short stories being turned in-to a stand-alone expansion. Some would be shorter (Like "The Witcher".), while some might be longer (Like "A Question of Price".). It would make for some fun, varied game-play.

Of course, C.D.P.R. would never make it. Maybe a team of super-modders might be willing to form and create said master-piece(s). :p

Yes, CDPR needs a break from this franchise. There is that.

In addition, I would also wait until I finish BaW to decide if I want another one. If BaW is planned as Geralt's finale, then it is highly possible that its story would be written in such a way that it feels like a closure to Geralt and his loved ones. If this closure is satisfying, I would prefer to let it seal the Witcher franchise for good, and let us pack our tear and laughter with the Continent and extend our vision to Cyberpunk.

as far as i know, cd projekt said the second expanion is the las one, i'd like athird expansion, but only tme will tell, but i also want cyberpunk 207716 is the last year of the witcher, in 2017 will begin the news about cp2077

Top Bottom