I don't want to kill wolves..

+
Well you could try to fistfight the wolves, but I would not recommend it :p

Regular wolves probably aren't good candidates for that. But some people or monsters can be. For instance what if you want to subdue a werewolf without killing (let's say not an evil one, just one that got mad and etc.)? That could be an interesting scenario.

Adda was a good example, but nothing like that was actually a playable case in previous games.

Last edited:
I think there may be some people that can not separate fiction from reality, that scares me......

Killing monsters yes, but something makes me feel uneasy killing wolves.. such majestic and wonderful creatures. I hope there isnt a collect 20 wolf pelts etc as i know I wont want to kill them, anybody else feel like this or is just me? always feel like in other games as well. The way they whimper as well.. don't like it.

I know what you mean, they are majestic and wonderful animals. And though I'm from a country with century old tales of the hated wolf(I believe that particular ferocious wolf species was hunted to extinction) I know the difference between those wolves and the ones we have today.

Think of it this way. Wolves fear humans for a reason. They rarely attack unless you are hunting them into a corner. And before that they've run as far as they could. They wouldn't normally attack and are very cautious. Seeing the gameplay videos, food doesn't seem to be scarce in Witcher 3. So why are they attacking humans?

So you just go ahead and think of them as that ferocious species of wolves that really existed once. I did that with the wolves in Witcher 1. You simply have no other choice than to defend yourself.

Actually, this also got me thinking of Assassin's creed 3, were some predators actually ran away if they failed to kill you the first time.

Oh, and let me just insert the tired and old "It's just a game" comment as well. ;)

Here, this will cheer you up. The video was posted by another user on this forum some time ago. :happy:

[video=youtube;ysa5OBhXz-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q[/video]

Am I the only one who never did the "the dogcatcher of vizima" sidequest in Witcher 1, because I didn't want to kill those poor dogs?

Good mention!

I finished this quest, in an odd kind of way. I never even touched the little cuties. How could I? They minded their own business, rarely growled at me, and most times they just barked the cutest woof I've ever heard. Aaand, aaand, they had these green circles around them. Ergo they weren't attacking you.

You know the dog that accompany you in Swamp the first time? I even managed to keep him alive, and yeah, it's not that easy with all the echinops in the area. Of course, once you leave the swamp you don't see him again, so I guess he went home and lived happily ever after. :happy:

Oh, but I digress, I finished the gravedigger dog tallow quest each and every playthrough. But I've never killed a dog to get it. See, and yes, I do know how this sounds, you have these bandits attacking you in Vizima at night.

Not everyone of them carry dog tallow on their person. So you might have to take at least 20 strolls in the street at night. That will fix you up, and the poor doggies will rest easy. :happy:

EDIT: I see I'm not alone with this strategy! Kudos! :happy:

Last edited:
If they attack me sure I kill them, if not I try to pass by peacefully unless they are required in my new armor XD. Besides wolves are not as peaceful as domestic dogs.

i know its just a game, but i think this shows how well implemented the world is in the witcher, its actually makes you feel conciseness about the choice only you can make. killing humans in game no problem, wolves and dogs.. no. I want white wolf as a companion..!! dlc anyone?

i know its just a game, but i think this shows how well implemented the world is in the witcher, its actually makes you feel conciseness about the choice only you can make. killing humans in game no problem, wolves and dogs.. no. I want white wolf as a companion..!! dlc anyone?

but YOU are the white wolf yourself and the other white wolfs are only copies
it's just a game and all the wolfs and dogs have the rabies, so if i would you i wouldn't think what to play with them rather than give them some medicine
i doubt it's some dog simulator or dog 3ds game... its some really hard game where you must show how much of a man you are , so killing is essential to survive
in the big brutal world of the monster hunter witcher

lol I don't love them i just feel they are like dogs, like mans best friend :) ya understand? And we are the White Wolf as it is...
Would be cool to have a wolf as a side companion.. hmm.. dlc idea?

Hmm , and put explosives on his back

An animal's agression never comes from a calculated place. Even the most vicious wolf is just trying to be the best wolf it can.

Geralt gets it.

"Wh.. what are you doing?"
"Killing monsters."

Call of duty? I think I just vomited a little. I have a horrid taste in mouth. Look at the craftmanship and passion in this game.. now look at cod series... utterly laughable.
Anyway back on topic, I would love to own our own owl, or falcon that would sit on your arm while riding.. very majestic indeed!

Top Bottom