I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

+
Most likely things like movement, combat and camera will change in TW2 because the sequel is based on the RED engine, which was made just to meet with all ideas of the crew. But I doubt we will have character customisation. Because it's Geralt and you can't change much... :hmmm: maybe the devs gives us a hair option because there a varied opinions about his new hair style while no-one complained about his new out fit which has changed as well ;D

Started the Witcher again after completing DAO ~3 times.. while I much prefer Witcher's combat (fast, keeps the played involved instead of DA:O's "hmm.. I'll read a book for a while until the combat is over") I still would like to see better combat in TW2. The game would be so, so good if the combat was made perfect.What do you guys think, will it change a lot? The combat in TW1 was pretty much a hit or miss.. 50% of the magazines (and a lot of players) said the combat is HORRIBLE. 50% loved it. I don't know if they'll be able to make everyone love the combat without changing it too radically..Geralt's new armor looks fantastic. I really like the pony tail, too... I'd prefer if he had a short hair but pony tail will do!

Dezired said:
What do you guys think, will it change a lot? The combat in TW1 was pretty much a hit or miss.. 50% of the magazines (and a lot of players) said the combat is HORRIBLE. 50% loved it. I don't know if they'll be able to make everyone love the combat without changing it too radically..
Well, from what I've seen so far, besides the QTE's, the combat looks pretty much the same as in TW.But, I guess it's too early to say so I'm still thumbs-up for something extra. :peace:

Dezired said:
Started the Witcher again after completing DAO ~3 times.. while I much prefer Witcher's combat (fast, keeps the played involved instead of DA:O's "hmm.. I'll read a book for a while until the combat is over") I still would like to see better combat in TW2. The game would be so, so good if the combat was made perfect.What do you guys think, will it change a lot? The combat in TW1 was pretty much a hit or miss.. 50% of the magazines (and a lot of players) said the combat is HORRIBLE. 50% loved it. I don't know if they'll be able to make everyone love the combat without changing it too radically..
I have really horrible hand-eye coordination, and there are some games that I simply can't play because I'm not dexterous enough to handle the combat. (My husband bought me "Mount and Blade" awhile back, and I couldn't play it because I couldn't line things up quickly enough.) One of the things I love about The Witcher is that we mostly use Geralt's skills for combat, not mine. All I have to do is click inside the red circle when I hear the "swish," and I can handle that. So I really hope that combat isn't too different in TW2! If we have to do a whole lot of hand-eye coordination to do combat in TW2, I won't be able to play.

Corylea said:
I have really horrible hand-eye coordination, and there are some games that I simply can't play because I'm not dexterous enough to handle the combat. (My husband bought me "Mount and Blade" awhile back, and I couldn't play it because I couldn't line things up quickly enough.) One of the things I love about The Witcher is that we mostly use Geralt's skills for combat, not mine. All I have to do is click inside the red circle when I hear the "swish," and I can handle that. So I really hope that combat isn't too different in TW2! If we have to do a whole lot of hand-eye coordination to do combat in TW2, I won't be able to play.
Well then, CDP' will just have to introduce a handi-capped or Granny mode for some of our unique members :D ;D

I don't know if you can compare this because it's different plattform. If I remember it correctly the combat mechanics had much more individual handling for the RotWW console version due to all the buttons. But CDPR seemed very excited about it.I'm sure we will have new combat features cos' poeple want something new. CDPR said new features show many parallels with the devs' and fans' wishlist. I think quite a lot poeple wanted an individual combat system... :hmmm:

Well, what I loved about this combat system is its uniqueness. This special place could be made even more special with, well, more uniqueness. ;)

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Started the Witcher again after completing DAO ~3 times.. while I much prefer Witcher's combat (fast, keeps the played involved instead of DA:O's "hmm.. I'll read a book for a while until the combat is over") I still would like to see better combat in TW2. The game would be so, so good if the combat was made perfect.What do you guys think, will it change a lot? The combat in TW1 was pretty much a hit or miss.. 50% of the magazines (and a lot of players) said the combat is HORRIBLE. 50% loved it. I don't know if they'll be able to make everyone love the combat without changing it too radically..
Well.. what I want is "flashier" combat. It wouldn't have to be any more difficult. Just better looking.

Dezired said:
Well.. what I want is "flashier" combat. It wouldn't have to be any more difficult. Just better looking.
Don't we all? Isn't that the texturen mods duty? To make the game flashier? Just that should've shown CDP that we like flashy. ;)

I can do without flashy effects because this doesn't fit into the gameworld and atmosphere. I think we have enough of the flashy hocus-pocus in countless other (fantasy) games

Yup, and if you read my posts you know I agree. That is not what I meant with flashy.. I meant better looking i.e natural looking combat. Flashy effects are not needed, indeed.Uh, so, to be more clear: Flashy = combat that looks real(with some fantastical stuff like Aards and other stuff added). Flashy is a bad word for it, I admit..

LOVE: Graphics, Storyline, and Combat systemHATE: requirements and random times when the game freezes.I love how everything looks in the game, took me some time to get used to the combat system and choosing between elves and the order was hard for someeasy for me, I always go for the elves. The requirements...sheesh, took me some time to get them all into my computer, espically the processor.

MisterD373 said:
I just LOVE the medieval timed games. This seemed like it. Also, the simplicity of the world.
If you really like medieval games, why not try some of the old ones... I'll pm a list if you want. :peace:I found that old games (medieval set ones) show a lot more than these high graphics that loose the plot & background or setting.

56236 said:
56236 said:
I just LOVE the medieval timed games. This seemed like it. Also, the simplicity of the world.
If you really like medieval games, why not try some of the old ones... I'll pm a list if you want. :peace:I found that old games (medieval set ones) show a lot more than these high graphics that loose the plot & background or setting.
Yes, I already play some old games but This is the only rpg game medieval I know so far.

I think I like the original better than the EE version.Seems to have been some unnecessary changes made (in my opinion) that have taken away from the original game's character.Like someone involved in the translating processes has come along and tried to fix imperfections, those imperfections were good, an example would be where Geralt used to answer questions with "Course" but now says "Of course"Different voice acting that wasn't needed.Mikul who was one of my favourite voice actors originally, I used to love listening to him say "dead uns" in his dopey voice just doesn't seem the same.Haren Brog developed a stutter? lol.When you're on a good thing, stick to it, don't try to apply too much polish, you end up scratching the paint.(edit) Now I've nearly finished the EE I dislike it even more, lol.I like the Old King much better and I really hate dice poker to the point that it gave me the ****** playing the king and made me turn the game off, not what you want a game to do, it's supposed to be fun, not reload some same scene for an hour and a half to try to get a win. :wall:

love: (from what i remember. i played it before EE was released)- the combat system. initially i thought it would be a complete turn-off, too console-y and all but after a while i got into it. don't change it too much. maybe more customizable combos!- the narration. it kept me interested, it was pretty focused.- geralt. i loved being selfcentered for once. you know. noble, when i felt like it. but still an ass. :D his attitude really came through and it was refreshing to see the lead character not being "pretty"- alchemy was cool.- finally. a game that recognizes sexuality as a part of life- free upgrade of the original edition. friendly support- no EAhate...- well... the board game got a bit boring. i like mini-games. they should be more varied, though. challenging? oh yes, please! but not boring...- inventory was a mess (that got cleaned up in the EE, right? hopyfully i'll get it to run soon...)- a little more variety in terms of outfits/weapons couldn't hurt.Wishlist:- don't dumb it down, please :p- don't lose the "adult" content. it just ruled. don't let your publisher tell you otherwise. maybe integrate a flirting mini-game of some sort. and make some dames harder to get ;)

There are three camera options, none of which are optimal. The OST view is the best, but it would be far better if there were a camera that could control the zoom so I could see a few feet behind Geralt, have Geralt in the center rather than off to one side, all while maintaining the OST control scheme (move mouse to look, use keys to move/strafe).The combat system grew stale before the end of Act 1, and its weaknesses really show during the Act's finale. Despite the combat simplicity, it somehow manages to be clunky.Even if the combat were no longer clunky, it would still be boring. Click, wait, click, wait, click, etc.. Even with all the signs, the three styles, and pockets full of potions, the combat is braindead. I expect this sort of combat from a console game, where I kick back on the couch and want the simplicity, but with a PC game I expect more depth.I play the game in full English. I understand the dialogue is translated from Polish, but even then the dialogue is often disjointed and confusing. One example: A favorite line of Geralt seems to be "We'll see.", and most of its applications seem to be only half suitable, at best. Perhaps funding fewer translations would have provided for greater quality translations, but perhaps the writing is just as disjointed in its native Polish, in which case the game could greatly benefit from a new writer.Too many dialogue decisions end the dialogue session, and most times it doesn't make sense. This requires the player to reinitiate dialogue far too often, and adds to the disjointed feeling of the dialogue.The dice minigame is crap. Ditch it, or find a way to make it more involved (perhaps you can use one/two weighted dice as you find them?)Bar fights are boring because they suffer from the same issues that typical combat has. Maybe make it a rock/paper/scissors game like what the "Flash" game is.Finding safe places to meditate and level up gets to be real tedious and time consuming. I'm not saying that meditating to level is a bad idea (it makes sense), but the execution needs to be reinvented. I remember running back and forth in Act 1, because (iirc) there were only two places to meditate (a firepit in the far NW area and the fireplace in the inn in the SE).There is far too much backtracking. New acts should bring new sights, but instead I am revisiting areas to complete the next quest. And on that...Too many quests are Fed-Ex based, which wouldn't be so bad if the motive for each quest were more engaging, or if I were visiting new areas, rather than backtracking once again.There are many NPC variants, but there are not enough distinguished NPCs to create variants on. Seeing the same merchant face over and over again, but with different colored clothes, does not make for an immersive game world. Same goes for creatures. The game needs far more diversity - providing variants on existing models is a lazy, ineffective attempt at providing this.Even with the latest patch, there is still no V-Sync option, the game is still poorly optimized, the game still crashes too often, and the game still corrupts save data. Part of this could be PC build issues, but I personally know three other people who have played/attempted to play the game, and all three have experienced various problems. The engine is sloppy, and should have spent more time in the oven.I took a lot of time to type this, because I didn't just want to say "This game sucks.", but that would be an adequate tl;dr of this post. I rarely say this, but there is not one thing I like about this game. It's sloppy. CD Projekt got my money, but they did not earn it. I will be doing far more research before purchasing any future releases.

Top Bottom