I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

+
hello,jus got the EE about 2 weeks ago, and never played the original, I honestly grabbed it at random at Gamestop not knowing anything about it (maybe it was the pretty packaging?..that and the $19.99 price tag)...anyways, i went home and installed no problem, updated patches, removed TAGES, downloaded texturen mod (becuase I like my games pretty, and I always try to find hi res mods), then played the game for about 10 mins and turned it off becuse it seemed to lag and be buggy during movies...searched every forum i could find on fix info for this then ultimately realized it was my graphics card...(ATI RADEON HD4550 which I had just purchased), after returning my card i upgraded to an Nvidia GTS 250, and game runs great on highest settings. So now Im on my first playthrough, and just started Chapter III. (so I havent finished yet, but will update when i do)so I guess I HATED the abnormally long install process.what I LOVE about the game-the graphics are very pretty, i love the use of actual architecture rather than plain "box shaped" rooms. -Geralt is a Stud, i like the fact that the main character actually speaks, im sick of the silent hero in RPG's. -The Combat is simple but fun (i love stunning enemies and going in for the kill, i wish there were more death animations)-alchemy is fun, the foraging for plants is a nice sidetrack from doing quests. -So far the story is great, i enjoy the atypical missions i.e. Vizima Confedential (not just hack & slash but a touch of diplomacy)-random humoruos moments in towns or villages, just listening to random people talking about thier balls itching-multiple ways to complete same missions is nice for replayability, i already know that once i beat it, i'll start again and be a completely different WitcherSo, I love the game and story so far, and the only thing i hate is the fact that none of my friends can play this because they dont meet requirements (this game is a Beast and you need a powerhouse to run it)anyways, I guess after i finish the game I will update this list....although it may take some time, If I play a few hours a day I should be done in a week or two, lol...EDIT- I liked the plot and characters so much I already purchased The Last Wish form BORDERS and it should be here in a day or two!

Welcome, Reach for the Skylar! It looks like you'll be a worthy addition to the forum.Wow, you get to play The Witcher for the first time. I envy you.

Reach for the SkylarNice to see you take so much pleasure in the game in spite of ... some technical handicaps :whistle: ;DYour are right about the random humoruos moments. The game has a very living and active environment in regard of townsfolk including their pets, night&day cycle and weather. It's one of the pros I like as well.

While I was once thoroughly impressed by CDProjeckt in it's support of this game, I am now thoroughly disgusted with them. The exit from the Salamandra HQ is by far the most poorly designed event of any game I have ever played. Anything good I would have said about the game is overshadowed by this single utterly ridiculous trial of misery. I am referring to the queen kikimore. I googled a walkthrough for help and discovered numerous complaints from other gamers. Having consulted the walkthrough, I attempted to proceed through the game. After approx 30 attempts to collapse the roof on the queen while engaged with the 2 remaining warriors I have decided to uninstall the Witcher and dispose of the game. I will never purchase a game by CDProjekt again. This game was obviously playtested/reviewed by morons or the developers are simply sadistic and uncaring. If you can't do any better than this, get out of the business.

scm1893 said:
While I was once thoroughly impressed by CDProjeckt in it's support of this game, I am now thoroughly disgusted with them. The exit from the Salamandra HQ is by far the most poorly designed event of any game I have ever played. Anything good I would have said about the game is overshadowed by this single utterly ridiculous trial of misery. I am referring to the queen kikimore. I googled a walkthrough for help and discovered numerous complaints from other gamers. Having consulted the walkthrough, I attempted to proceed through the game. After approx 30 attempts to collapse the roof on the queen while engaged with the 2 remaining warriors I have decided to uninstall the Witcher and dispose of the game. I will never purchase a game by CDProjekt again. This game was obviously playtested/reviewed by morons or the developers are simply sadistic and uncaring. If you can't do any better than this, get out of the business.
Wow, seems you read the wrong walkthrough. You could ask in this forum or check our Witcher Wiki for solution.Anyway, just focused on collapsing the roof of the cave until the Queen dies, don't mind of the other kikimores. If you had a little bit more patience, you would have found the way to get out of there, and enjoy the rest of the very best videogame of this last 5 years.Good bye

scm1893 said:
This game was also reviewed by gamers and most of them loved it, including my self, so they don't have to do better then this to stay in business. And calling other people morons while you can't even beat a game is ridicules.Saying these things only shows how stupid you really are.

That's one of the things I like about The Witcher -- it tends to weed out the people who are too stupid and/or too impatient to play the game properly, so this forum mostly gets reasonably intelligent people who have enough patience for civility. :evil:

scm1893 said:
It's sad when someone makes such derogatory comments about a company simply because they aren't capable of surpassing a challenge so many others can. You have a right to your opinion, but be assured that you are in the vast minority. Try Pac Man or The Sims. Others will still enjoy this game, and the developers' attention to detail and challenges.~ Roxy

scm1893 said:
I googled a walkthrough for help and discovered numerous complaints from other gamers.
Strange... when I google for Kikimore queen / kill Kikimore Queen the results I receive are several tactics how to kill her, including You Tube videos, walkthroughs and yes, other gamers who can't kill her. But they succeed after help from others http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/the-witcher-94/kikimore-queen-spoiler-94274.htmlI don't think you can presume to insult the developers because you failed whereas others succeed. I admit... it took quite a long time as well for me to kill the queen

Guest 2005166

Hmm... after some reconsidering... I better don´t say what I´m thinking. ;D

ReachfortheSkylar said:
hello,jus got the EE about 2 weeks ago, and never played the original, I honestly grabbed it at random at Gamestop not knowing anything about it (maybe it was the pretty packaging?..that and the $19.99 price tag)...anyways, i went home and installed no problem, updated patches, removed TAGES, downloaded texturen mod (becuase I like my games pretty, and I always try to find hi res mods), then played the game for about 10 mins and turned it off becuse it seemed to lag and be buggy during movies...searched every forum i could find on fix info for this then ultimately realized it was my graphics card...(ATI RADEON HD4550 which I had just purchased), after returning my card i upgraded to an Nvidia GTS 250, and game runs great on highest settings. So now Im on my first playthrough, and just started Chapter III. (so I havent finished yet, but will update when i do)so I guess I HATED the abnormally long install process.what I LOVE about the game-the graphics are very pretty, i love the use of actual architecture rather than plain "box shaped" rooms.

I didn't like at the end I might have killed Alvin, especially humiliating by killing him with silver sword. Also couldn't get together with Shani and Alvin in the end.
I'm replaying it so don't give any spoilers like if you did so you would like it or something like that. I like how the game is so wide in every aspect. Killing the Kikimore Queen was easy. Because you don't fight her. At first I didn't get the clue Geralt said and tried attacking her. After two deaths I figured it out :teeth: If you find it too difficult doing both "what you need to do to kill the queen" (trying to avoid spoilage) and the warriors try drinking a Blizzard before facing her. It will be easier since everything will be slowed down. Though I'd wanted a search for a treasure or a real riddle to solve throughout the game like the one in Fable: The Lost Chapters. You were searching for a treasure as a side quest.

e-ahmet said:
I didn't like at the end I might have killed Alvin, especially humiliating by killing him with silver sword. Also couldn't get together with Shani and Alvin in the end.
I'm replaying it so don't give any spoilers like if you did so you would like it or something like that.
Actually, this is just a speculation, not sure ;)And CDP never confirm this :D

I've played this game a while ago, but it is time to play it again. Not only the game is great, but I respect the devs as well. It is rare to see so much dedication. Keep up the good work and make a buck while you're at it. ;)

I think it's a great game so far....I haven't finished it yet.I'm about to face the Striga.I have the Director's Cut.

Top Bottom