I rate this game 0/10 - What have you done to me CDPR?!!

+
I rate this game 0/10 - What have you done to me CDPR?!!

I'm a big time witcher fan so this is gonna be really hard to write but I would feel worse if I didn't do this, so here goes a small review based on my experience and honest feelings about this game.

I played the game for a fair amount of time and I was loving it. I've never played such an astonishing game in my life, everything was impeccable and there were so many details that I have yet to see in another RPG. The world was huge and lively and the plot was so deep and well told. I was in love with this game. Geralt, despite being cold and ripped of emotions, was a truly interesting character. The relations he had with the other characters (which were incredibly engaging aswell) were truly compelling. The content was massive and the activities were, like everything else in this game, so elaborated and precise to each region and situation. All of these elements combined made me want to play the game more and more... until it happened. The moment that changed my opinion... No, that changed my life completely.

The sun was setting both in the real world as it was in the game. I was walking through novigrad, enjoying the breeze moving through the beautifully detailed city and watching the NPC's finishing their daily jobs just like in the real world. Everything was in motion and I coudn't be more engaged into the game. Following that I saw a beggar and decided to stop. I looked him in the eyes and I saw a troubled past inside of him. A past that forced this man to do shameful acts leading him into this situation. In what this past truly consisted I did not know but whatever it was, I knew he felt remorse and regret and I coudn't just leave him there without helping him. Money was not an issue for me as the world was filled with people who needed the aid of a witcher such as Geralt. So there I was, about to hand a few coins to the beggar when I discovered... you can't do it. I searched and searched for ways to help this poor man in need but after countless hours of searching, I realized there simply was no way to give this person money. I felt so much anger inside of me "Why is this happening to me?" I yelled savagely. My image of the game was torn down. Everything I did in this game was wiped out when I reached this situation. A situation where I felt bitter and worthless. I threw the headphones against the floor and instantly felt the urge to punch the wall and so I did. Despite not feeling pain I knew I should stop as I was starting to bleed from my hands. I stopped and tried to calm myself down but my head was beginning to get filled with depression and countless other anxieties. I did not know what to do. "What is truly the purpose of my life" I asked myself endless times. "Get yourself together it's just a game" I said trying to forget about what just happened. In a soft but nervous voice I continued to mutter "I just need to take a break from this game" so I went to eat something, listened to some music and after a few hours I went to bed.

Morning arrived fast and soon it was time to wake up. Getting out of my bed I realized that I wasn't feeling so anxious anymore. Things were calmed down and my positive mindset didn't let me worry to much about the situation that ocurred the day before. Sadly it all changed in a matter of minutes. I went outside to quickly drink a coffee and there I saw... a beggar just nearby my house. It was not usual to see beggars around here but that didn't even matter when the beggar saw me. He locked his gaze into me and when I noticed him looking at me, I didn't know how to react. I wanted to help him but my body didn't react to my commands so instead I swiftly passed by him. The worst part was afterwards when I didn't feel anything. No regret, no worry, no nothing. That moment was the moment I realized that something happened to me. I was transformed into a monster, a dark gritty monster. "Why do I even care about people?", "What has anyone ever done for me?" were some of the questions that kept rolling on and on in my head. I looked the same on the outside but I knew that on the inside I was a different person. All the emotions, all the memories inside of me were evaporating, but there was one emotion that stayed, one emotion that I felt the strongest after this whole situation. It was hate, hate towards CDPR. "WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS, ANSWER ME!!" I shouted in a dark strong voice into the sky. Everyone was staring and some even asked if I was feeling ok but I didn't react. I wanted to scream and show the world how I felt but instead I simply stood there, embracing what was going on inside of me. I coudn't keep on living, not like this, not like a monster. Fear and anxiety soon overtook my body, making me shake uncontrollably. "I need to get out of here" I said nervously in my head and so I started running.

I ran and ran without any destination, I just ran until I was drenched in sweat and to my suprise when I looked around, I was at my house's doorstep. "It's a sign, it must be" I thought to myself, so I went inside with my blood boiling from all the hate and as soon as saw my computer I knew what to do. I closed the door to my room, pressed the button on my computer to turn it on, almost smashing it, and here I am writing this review with my hands shaking. Why did you do this to me CDPR? Why do I have to walk on this wretched path? Just why...

---------- Updated at 02:49 PM ----------

Nah, just kidding, I love the game

Last edited:
Lol good writing, you managed to make a long story over one beggar and made me read the whole thing.

What the fuck, I usually don't read long posts. I first thought you're mental. But then, all good. I love the game so much I don't even sleep at all. JK. lol

YazX

Forum regular
This is called The Witcher 3 syndrome , if you spend too much time playing in a row, you will start having these visions, CDPR should put a warning in-game.

I am still waiting for someone who hasn't read past the first sentence. :D

Well played, by the way!

Last edited:
I'm a big time witcher fan so this is gonna be really hard to write but I would feel worse if I didn't do this, so here goes a small review based on my experience and honest feelings about this game.

I played the game for a fair amount of time and I was loving it. I've never played such an astonishing game in my life, everything was impeccable and there were so many details that I have yet to see in another RPG. The world was huge and lively and the plot was so deep and well told. I was in love with this game. Geralt, despite being cold and ripped of emotions, was a truly interesting character. The relations he had with the other characters (which were incredibly engaging aswell) were truly compelling. The content was massive and the activities were, like everything else in this game, so elaborated and precise to each region and situation. All of these elements combined made me want to play the game more and more... until it happened. The moment that changed my opinion... No, that changed my life completely.

The sun was setting both in the real world as it was in the game. I was walking through novigrad, enjoying the breeze moving through the beautifully detailed city and watching the NPC's finishing their daily jobs just like in the real world. Everything was in motion and I coudn't be more engaged into the game. Following that I saw a beggar and decided to stop. I looked him in the eyes and I saw a troubled past inside of him. A past that forced him to do shameful acts leading him into this situation. In what this past truly consisted I did not know but whatever it was, I knew he felt remorse and regret and I coudn't just leave him there without helping him. Money was not an issue for me as the world was filled with people who needed the aid of a witcher such as Geralt. So there I was, about to hand a few coins to the beggar when I discovered... you can't do it. I searched and searched for ways to help this poor man in need but after countless hours of searching, I realized there simply was no way to give this person money. I felt so much anger inside of me "Why is this happening to me?" I yelled savagely. My image of the game was torn down. Everything I did in this game was wiped out when I reached this situation. A situation where I felt bitter and worthless. I threw the headphones against the floor and instantly felt the urge to punch the wall and so I did. Despite not feeling pain I knew I should stop as I was starting to bleed from my hands. I stopped and tried to calm myself down but my head was starting to get filled with depression and countless other anxieties. I did not know what to do. "What is truly the purpose of my life" I asked myself endless times. "Get yourself together it's just a game" I said trying to forget about what just happened. In a soft but nervous voice I muttered "I just need to take a break from this game" so I went to eat something, listened to some music and after a few hours I went to bed.

Morning arrived fast and soon it was time to wake up. Getting out of my bed I realized that I wasn't feeling so anxious anymore. Things were calmed down and my positive mindset didn't let me worry to much about the situation that ocurred the day before. Sadly it all changed in a matter of minutes. I went outside to quickly drink a coffee as I do everyday and there I saw... a beggar just nearby my house. It was not usual to see beggars around here but that didn't even matter when the beggar saw me. He locked his gaze into me and when I saw him looking at me, I didn't know how to react. I wanted to help him but my body didn't react to my commands so instead I swiftly passed by him. The worst part was afterwards when I didn't feel anything. No regret, no worry, no nothing. That moment was the moment I realized that something happened to me. I was transformed into a monster, a dark gritty monster. "Why do I even care about people?", "What has anyone ever done for me?" were some of the questions that kept rolling on and on in my head. I looked the same on the outside but I knew that on the inside I was not the same person anymore. All the emotions, all the memories inside of me were evaporating, but there was one emotion that stayed, one emotion that I felt the strongest after this whole situation. It was hatred, hatred towards CDPR. "WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS, ANSWER ME!!" I shouted in a dark strong voice into the sky. Everyone was staring and some even asked if I was feeling ok but I didn't respond. I just wanted to scream and show the world my hate but instead I simply stood there, embracing what was going on inside of me. I didn't want to live anymore, not like this, not like a monster. I wanted to dissapear, to go away... so I started running

I ran and ran without any destination, I just ran until I was drenched in sweat and to my suprise when I looked around, I was at my house's doorstep. "It's a sign, it must be" I thought to myself, so I went inside with my blood boiling from all the hatred, I pressed the button on my computer to turn it on, almost smashing it, and here I am writing this review with my hands shaking. Why did you do this to me CDPR? Why do I have to walk on this wretched path? Just why...

---------- Updated at 02:49 PM ----------

Nah, just kidding, I love the game
Well played my good sir well played.:victory:

Top Bottom