If CDPR are going to do a third Expansion in which location would you like it to be set in?

+

If CDPR are going to do a third Expansion in which location would you like it to be set in?

• Kovir

Votes: 129 41.2%
  • Zerrikania

Votes: 89 28.4%
  • Dol Blathanna

Votes: 123 39.3%
  • Redania

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Temeria

Votes: 25 8.0%
  • Kaedwen

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • Aedirn

Votes: 20 6.4%
  • Nilfgaard

Votes: 66 21.1%
  • Cintra

Votes: 64 20.4%
  • other

Votes: 29 9.3%

• Total voters
It makes the poll biased if you remove an option that many would vote on, just because you do not agree with them. Although it may be worth noting that a hypothetical third expansion could very well not include any main NPCs.

Well, it's my poll, right? It's biased either way :D But yeah, I'm sure that the main NPC's won't appear in the expansions no matter where they're set in.

I'm not sure if Kovir's lead is quite representative, since I'm almost certain I've seen more people request Dol Blathanna across the Forums, in various threads over the past months.

I want Nilfgaard since I wanna meet the other two witchers from the viper school (and get real viper armor *coughcough*). Maribor is a place I wanna see too but Nilfgaard above all because Geralt wouldn't like it there one bit and it'd be a fish outa water since he's never actually been there and in turn the audience and readers. I feel like Toussaint was a blind choice since nobody really ever cared about it but I guess it was a safe choice in terms of development since it's a reasonably small city state.

Other than that, I believe Kovir is more of "ME AND TRISS LIVE THERE, LETS GO" rather than a suitable place for a story. Dol Blathanna though, I guess would make an interesting setting centered around Franchesca FIndabair but even still, it's a city state smaller than Toussaint and it would need to be really compelling to be able to live up to the standards of Blood & Wine (provided they are high, of course). Overall I think Dol Blathanna is a good majority choice though, Zerikkania could work very well too provided the landscape is alien to what we're used to (because that would be the main appeal, Geralt in a desert).

Very nice effort, @DontBlnkBadWolf , but we already have a thread for suggesting and discussing possible locations for potential expansions. Based upon what you've posted, this very much looks like the place for it. If the REDs wish to read any of the many suggestions which have been offered so far, this is a convenient, centralised spot. This isn't to say your suggestion is in any way less valid, or inferior, but, for reasons of organisation, it's far easier to group similar proposals together.

Not trying to be a smart ass but the meds that I'm on sometimes makes me not think clearly. They are to help me sleep. I had taken them an hour before I started that thread, since my XB1 was doing an update, I thought I would start that thread since it was on my mind. Now I see the spelling & grammar mistakes I made.

Long story short, I apologize. Thank-you for moving it to this thread.

---------- Updated at 10:51 PM ----------

I want Nilfgaard since I wanna meet the other two witchers from the viper school (and get real viper armor *coughcough*). Maribor is a place I wanna see too but Nilfgaard above all because Geralt wouldn't like it there one bit and it'd be a fish outa water since he's never actually been there and in turn the audience and readers. I feel like Toussaint was a blind choice since nobody really ever cared about it but I guess it was a safe choice in terms of development since it's a reasonably small city state.

Other than that, I believe Kovir is more of "ME AND TRISS LIVE THERE, LETS GO" rather than a suitable place for a story. Dol Blathanna though, I guess would make an interesting setting centered around Franchesca FIndabair but even still, it's a city state smaller than Toussaint and it would need to be really compelling to be able to live up to the standards of Blood & Wine (provided they are high, of course). Overall I think Dol Blathanna is a good majority choice though, Zerikkania could work very well too provided the landscape is alien to what we're used to (because that would be the main appeal, Geralt in a desert).

That is why I posted the maps. The in game world map kinda hinders what they can & can't do. According to the in game world map, the can only do Pont Vanis & Lan Exeter parts of Kovir. That leaves Redania, Temeria, and parts of Kedwen.

I'm not sure if Kovir's lead is quite representative, since I'm almost certain I've seen more people request Dol Blathanna across the Forums, in various threads over the past months.

I doubt the poll is in general representative of the average players, the percentage of book readers is probably much higher on the forum, many people just vote but do not post (especially if their choice is a source of potential controversy, or they have nothing to say other than what they vote on), the total number of votes is low, and there may be some who "cheat" the poll by creating alternate accounts. CDPR could very well ignore threads like this anyway.

The chances of a third expansion being created are not very high regardless, as the number of active TW3 players is decreasing, and by the time of the release of a hypothetical third expansion, there might not be enough people still interested in the game to make it more profitable than putting the same resources into developing CP2077. Or perhaps it could be a smaller expansion, or one that uses existing locations (like HoS), rather than adding a major new area to the game.

I also think that the expansion (if any) would likely be designed to be playable during the time frame of the main quest. That means existing characters from the base game might not play any major role in it, and it may not be in a too distant location like Zerrikania.

Last edited:
The chances of a third expansion being created are not very high regardless, as the number of active TW3 players is decreasing, and by the time of the release of a hypothetical third expansion, there might not be enough people still interested in the game to make it more profitable than putting the same resources into developing CP2077. Or perhaps it could be a smaller expansion, or one that uses existing locations (like HoS), rather than adding a major new area to the game.

While I agree about the number of active TW3 players is decreasing, I do not agree if there is a 3rd expansion there may not be enough people still interested in the game. TW3 lost a chunk of players do to performance issues, and I would say that a 1/4 of those people traded in the game and/or sold the game. The other 3/4 kept the game & are on this forum waiting for the issues to be fixed so they can play again. Keep in mind, this is a popular series in the gaming community. I feel that IF a 3rd expansion were made, that the game would still be viable enough to make that 3rd expansion. Also that graph link you put in your post does not include XB1 & PS4 players. That is only PC users

-----------UPDATE-----------

I am currently labeling towns/villages of the in game map, compared to the one supplied by Karol Kowakzyk who consulted with Andrzcj Sapkowski. I am doing this so that way readers can then debate over the places.

---------- Updated at 09:52 PM ----------

As you can see, I placed all the markers in the correct location. So according to the in game world map Dol Blathanna is not able to work. I was mistaken in my first post about Vengerberg not being on the in game world map. With all these markers placed, it opens up a whole slew of locations to visit. So now the focal point of this thread should be restricted to what is confined to the in game world map. That also knocks out Nilfgaard & Zerrikania. The in game world map limits CDPR to what is already in place, which is Skellige Island, Redania, Temeria and a small part of Kovir & Poviss. Also according to the real Witcher World map, there is not a place called White Orchard, It should have been called Carreas. While I can understand that this is only game cannon, and "White Orchard" is something CDPR wanted to put in play, it still should have been called by it's correct name.

I hope I didn't throw everything people voted on out the window, this post was to enlighten the masses. This was a lot of studying & hard work. My legs & back are killing me for sitting at my computer this long, lol

Attachments

• True Witcher World Map.jpg
    True Witcher World Map.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 165
  • In Game World Map NE corner.jpg
    In Game World Map NE corner.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,848
  • In Game World Map SE corner.jpg
    In Game World Map SE corner.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 2,638
  • In Game World Map SW corner.jpg
    In Game World Map SW corner.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Also that graph link you put in your post does not include XB1 & PS4 players.

It does not, but I do not see why the trend would be significantly different on other platforms. What you see on the graph is fairly typical for a single player AAA game. If anything, the "tail" tends to be longer on PC.

As you can see, I placed all the markers in the correct location. So according to the in game world map Dol Blathanna is not able to work. I was mistaken in my first post about Vengerberg not being on the in game world map. With all these markers placed, it opens up a whole slew of locations to visit. So now the focal point of this thread should be restricted to what is confined to the in game world map. That also knocks out Nilfgaard & Zerrikania.

Well, CDPR already added Toussaint in BaW, and it is not on the in-game map, or at most only a small part of it at the edge where the picture fades out. Extending the map in the game by a reasonable amount should not be an issue, but really distant locations like Zerrikania would indeed be unlikely.

and a small part of Kovir & Poviss

It is plenty large enough for an expansion that is 10-20 hours long, if you compare it to existing areas in the game, especially since it includes two major cities.

Also according to the real Witcher World map, there is not a place called White Orchard, It should have been called Carreas.

"White Orchard" is just the small village and the area around it, Carreas is a city that is not in the game.

By the way, there is a higher resolution world map (when the link works correctly) at the Witcher wiki.

Well, CDPR already added Toussaint in BaW, and it is not on the in-game map, or at most only a small part of it at the edge where the picture fades out. Extending the map in the game by a reasonable amount should not be an issue, but really distant locations like Zerrikania would indeed be unlikely..

Toussaint is in between the northern realms and Nilfgaard, it is south of Lyria. If CDProjekt are really going to make Toussaint a part of the game then that proves that the setting can be stretched anywhere. Dol Blathanna, Zerikkania, Nilfgaard, anywhere. Theres no regional restrictions.

Voting is nice, but CDPR aren't making any new expansions according to their published strategy. At least not in any short term.

If they made one, it would be awesome to make it still kinda in the same map area witcher 3 is in, aka Velen and it's surroundings. It would not require building new massive landscapes (which pretty much makes no hope for 3rd dlc) but use the existing one, to put focus on questlines and acting.
How I love Oxenfurt and the academy there was so poorly used even with O'Dimms expansion ))

A bit surprised Tir ná Lia wasn't included in one of the options. It would allow the devs to address my one glaring problem with the game's narrative: not enough Wild Hunt back story.

TO CD PROJEKT RED A.K.A. GAMING GOD'S PLEASE CONSIDER THIS

Can we hope too se more than two expansions, if so will we maybe see even more regions from lore off this fantastic and beautiful series. Please just give us blink of hope ;) Geralt is legend please prolong are time with him and his adventures ;)

I would say firstly: very unlikely, as the team probably want to work on something new and different this time around.

Secondly:
Please just give us blink of hope
that would be unwise. Hinting at content they may not be able to deliver would let you down harder than never knowing if there was more to come.

Top Bottom