Is there any differences between simulating my Witcher 2 save or importing?

+
Is there any differences between simulating my Witcher 2 save or importing?

I accidentaly imported the wrong save in my playthrough for the W3. Since I have a lot of W2 saves I don't want to commit the same mistake again when I play the game again next time.

You get the dialog options when you choose 'simulate', yes? Does it just pick a default W2-choices if you don't import or simulate? I had my previous save, I'm just curious.

Yes there is. There are more choices taken into consideration when you import a savegame.
...you could say that before the launch -.-
anyway, I'm not going to restart all over again, but...which are these choices? A list would be much appreciated

PS: congratulation guys, great game

Anyone without saves can find some on Nexus Mods, both Witcher 2 Mods and Witcher 3 Mods have some uploaded.

...you could say that before the launch -.-
anyway, I'm not going to restart all over again, but...which are these choices? A list would be much appreciated
Those it asks about and if certain NPC's died or not, are the main ones.
Basically anything that changed the end state. Which will determine which characters you see in W3.

Last edited:
mhh i finished the game and the only thing that seemed important was if letho is alive or not. anything else i did was never mentioned. you probably get the best out of it if you importated a roche save (and even that has one has some flaws). so yeah no need to worry about saves

You get the dialog options when you choose 'simulate', yes? Does it just pick a default W2-choices if you don't import or simulate? I had my previous save, I'm just curious.

When you enter Act 1 you're interviewed by a General while being shaved and the questions he asks are what happened in W2. It's kind of neat actually since you end up learning a bit about the choices even if you never finished W2 like me! :)

i need help with witcher 2 saves

where i need to transfer saves ?? when i m transfer tham to witcher gamesaves and start new game i cant import witcher 2 saves only simulate witcher 2 saves :unsure:

Hey there!
What exactly do you mean? Before you launch a new game do you see this option? If not, are you sure that your Witcher 2 save files are located in C:\Users\Sammygm\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves

---------- Updated at 02:41 PM ----------

Hey there!
What exactly do you mean? Before you launch a new game do you see this option? If not, are you sure that your Witcher 2 save files are located in C:\Users\Sammygm\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves
i dont see that option but i transfer witcher 2 saves in my docyments/witcher 3 folder

Last edited:
Top Bottom