Is TW3 getting downgraded for the sake of consoles?

+

• Yes

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Don't really care. It's for the developer to decide.

Votes: 29 32.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised by the amount of people questioning the integrity of CD Projekt Red. I'm sure the PC will have all the bells and whistles that your graphics card will be able to keep up with (Fur tech, 3D Vision, triple monitor, 1440p, far superior AA and all that stuff).

outright saying that the game is superior on PC over PS4, or PS4 over X1 is just bad publicity. Don't insult your audience or make them feel lesser than someone.

"Will this game be the exact game in performance between the PS4 and X1 or is it still true that PS4 is more powerful?"

When your direct question is only referring about the Console versions, I have to assume the response is only referring to the console versions.
Although I gotta say, unless Microsoft is letting CDPR on some X1 secrets and they have magical wizard powers, I can't see how the X1 version is going to look/run the same as the PS4. Unless I'm wrong, hasn't literally every multiplat so far been better on the PS4 (Either Framerate, Graphics and/or Resolution-wise)?

Although obviously they will always make that statement because of PR until they finally announce the Res/FPS and if the X1 is running at a lower res they'll just go, "It's not important!"

CDPR have always been PC first (Perhaps TW2's UI and some Gameplay mechanics would state otherwise but at least Graphically they're PC first) and I don't see that changing with TW3. The PC Version will look leagues better without a doubt and I'm positive you won't see some kind of Watch Dogs situation happening with TW3.

The Witcher 3 'experience' will be same across all the platforms, but the quality of the game itself will be superior on PC.
Same experience does not mean same quality, and this is something many gamers get wrong.

well that watchdogs graphic sabotage is some real ugly marketing move ... shame on them...
I cant believe they really pulled such a move... I mean thats like a slap in the face for pc gamers

But from the interview I think its clear that he just cant put a stamp on any system
that being said cdpr wont pull such a move on us ... rest assured

Last edited:
I was wondering if they would downgrade the PS4 version to match the Xbox One version. You don't think they'll do that do you?

I think that they should try to max out each version as best as they can.

No. This is CDPR we're talking about and anyone keeping up with everything they've said/done knows what I mean by the statement.

It's PR talk obviously, they can't say platform 1 is weaker than 2 because at the end of the day the companies that make Platform 1 and 2 take all the decisions about their product and the titles that can(or can not) come to it and in this case they're probably referring to feature parity than specific details like resolution etc. The game is coming out only on PS4 and XB1 and both the systems at present are fine and not 'limiting' what all features the devs might be targeting since the consoles act as a baseline right now.

I've never watched the video.

I really never consider console versions being downgraded, PC is just too damn superior. Any full-pledged/genuine console game will have a considerable upgrade whenever ported to PC.

edit: I did'nt got the message on the first read. My answer will be no. CDPR will fucking deliver.

Last edited:
If one knows just a little bit CDPR's guys will have the certainty that PC is the apple of their eyes, They, in their majority, like and enjoy the other plataforms but PC will always be PC.

When I read the thread I was also about to post this.
CDPR feared they couldn't make it work on consoles properly.
They said they even had to develop an own streaming technology because the FPS were very high under the 30 FPS rate on the consloes.
They achieved this just recently. This was also one strong reason they delayed the release.

Their credo so far has been to max out every platform and I don't expect anything different for TW3. Of course they can't go out and enforce one platform or another without ruffling some feathers, but I'm sure there will be enough comparison videos on day 1 to make an easy decision.

PC will always look better, no question. But as an X1 player, seeing the footage from the X1 showcase at e3, I'm not worried, still looks beautiful. I have W2 on both X360 and PC, and of course there were things that where obviously superior on the PC. Main thing is, if you can immerse yourself and have a great time playing it, does it matter.

Last edited:
The Witcher 2 looked better on PC but other than that it was consolised as shit and to me having the UI and controls build around a controller is a big downgrade. I didnt see any evidence yet that the PC version of TW3 will be handled any better in this department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom