Key Remapping

+
Not only can you not remap your keys, but I'm wasting time going through the list of keybinds looking for the inventory button. No tutorial on how to open your inventory. Nobody uses the I key to open their inventory anymore, what year is this?
Post automatically merged:

I find it very sad I can't rebind the menu shortcuts. My middle mouse button no longer works and I am therefore unable to unequip items which feels incredibly annoying.
Agreed. Has CDPR published an official document that lists all of the hotkeys? Since they can't be changed, it must be documented somewhere. I can't find them in the game anywhere.

I have to create a stupid AutoHotkey script for each hotkey that can't be changed.

What about controller users on PC? Some are going to want to put one hand on the keyboard to access all of the hotkeys that don't fit on the controller, while holding the controller in the other hand.

Last edited:
The devs almost never respond unless there's a certain patch for an issue incoming. But I can assure you they've seen this thread and know the issue exists. Have you tried altering the 'InputUserMapping' file in Config? Nexus might have a mod up for this as well.
They may almost never, but they have been for many an issue, the flashing lights, the copyright music. You know, non game breaking stuff, but instead they haven't addressed this.

How can you be sure? I'm not saying they haven't but there is 0 hard evidence in front of me, some circumstantial but nothing that is evidence. I don't use 3rd party software mostly as it often interacts badly with accessibility software I use and I haven't edited files because the only thing circumstantially heard was don't mess with files and given I don't code I won't mess with it especially given my dyslexia.

Until we see them publicly address this you assume they aren't taking action. (it's step 1 to any successful campaign) but as said before, I do expect them to be working on it, but all we ask for is them to make a statement and promise us this will be fixed. That hasn't happened and until then, or a patch is out, all I can say currently is it's been made clear, mods and CDPR thing we can all just keep playing or buy a controller, which is in and of itself classism and ableism

Now mods are trying to silence us for disagreeing. yikes
Screenshot (164).png

Since when was disagreeing with a mod, and speaking as a minority banned? This shows it all

It's possible to just use a gamepad for the time being. It's an inconvenience, not an insurmountable obstacle. (Kind of ridiculous, I agree, but it needed to happen that way for some reason.)

Ok THAT is insulting. I don't own a console, nor a gamepad nor have I ever learned to play with one. And why would I, PC games so far (with a few exceptions, looking at you Outer Worlds) have offered the option to change keys.
So that is NOT an option!

And assuming that something is locked for a reason is kind of funny when we can change them ourself AND NOTHING BAD happens in the game.

But I can assure you they've seen this thread and know the issue exists
They probably have and are working on it. However, as one poster has repeatedly stated, some acknowledgement would shut 99% of us up. Not only acknowledgement of the keybinding issue, but the accessibility programs one as well. The worst thing would be for them to silently push a patch for the keybinds and forget the other. I can use Xpadder with 99% percent of my games no problem. There's an entire other thread full of disabled people with the same problem and while I can't expect CDPR to account for every program and method people use for aid, shifting the standard up to the other 99% of games would go a long way.

Another reason for delay is likely optimisation and crashes. That will be the big time suck for devs. But again, I wouldn't know about those because I refuse to spoil the experience for myself going in without the method I use daily in working order.

Guest 4060800

Can I just quickly +1 this request? I'm compiling a list of missing settings/features and this is one of them. Yet it says I need 10 postings to make a new thread. I think supporting the request here, even tho there already are so many asking for it, is a good place to start :)

YOU CAN EDIT HERE C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EDIT OR OPEN WITH NOTEPAD

You can change everything. If you rebind the F key you have to go through and change EVERY KP_F to KP_yourkey I change mine to the Enter Key so I changed 20 instances of KP_F to KP_Enter. Theres 20 binds for F so it takes about 10 min to change them all but it works fine. Make sure you save the file when you close it.
Thank you tkyle606!

Use replace function in Notepad. Go to: Edit > Replace
In Notepad++, Go to: Search > Replace
Easy peachy, takes less than a minute. Make safe copies first though..

At least that game has the good sense to include a "disable controller" toggle so that people can use alternative input methods to customise their experience. That's what I'm hoping for.

It's heartening to see disabled people like myself in the comments. I don't really like to tout it because I'm just a gamer, but in this case I'm glad people are comfortable sharing and asking for their fair chance at playing this game.
I can not really say i'm disabled but I have only 8 fingers that are functioning. So I can not imagine how this is for those who are relying on a basic key remapping structure totally lacking from this game and are phycically impared to use "standard" keymapping" (If that had even worked as is..)

Last edited:
I've been able to rebind all keys.
1- In the following files:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\uiInputActions.xml
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\UserSettings.json
I replaced every occurences of "IK_F" and ""IK_C" by the keys that suit me (ie: I replaced "IK_F" by "IK_NumPad2" and "IK_C" by "IK_NumPad4" which are some buttons of my mouse. (use the quotation marks)

2-Then, after saving the 3 files, I launched the game and remap the other keys inside the settings menu. I was able to assign the F key to forward as I use DFGV instead of WASD. I've been playing for 3 hours and everything is OK.

Have a nice day!

Can someone help me make heads or tails out of this. Need to change mousewheel button so that I can unequip special outfits. What do I have to change/add?

This is all mousewheel related code I have in the config file:

<mapping name="MouseWheel" type="Relative" preset="relative" >
<button id="IK_MouseZ" />
</mapping>

<mapping name="MouseWheelUp" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_MouseWheelUp" />
</mapping>

<mapping name="MouseWheelDown" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_MouseWheelDown" />
</mapping>

Currently my mousewheel button is not detected by the game

Sup my people;

Lefty here, using arrows since 1989 and it was simply natural for me to start using the mouse with my left hand and have been using it like that ever since.

Anyway, here's what you're interested in; this particular string of code in "inputUserMappings.xml" is responsible for the "Use" key it seems.

<mapping name="Choice1" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_F" overridableUI="choice1"/>
<button id="IK_Pad_X_SQUARE" />
</mapping>

Thanks to the info you people provided I was able to have it changed to

<mapping name="Choice1" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_Enter" overridableUI="choice1"/>
<button id="IK_Pad_X_SQUARE" />
</mapping>

And just like that I was able to USE (hehe pardon the pun) my enter to pick up items, enter the car and interact, still need to see whether it'll work with deadly takedowns, but it's a stepping stone to a solution.

Edit: Editing of Choice 2 seems to be affecting Non-Lethal Takedowns.

<mapping name="Choice2" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_R" overridableUI="choice2"/>
<button id="IK_Pad_Y_TRIANGLE" />

Last edited:
For me as a PC Gamer - I ALWAYS rebind my keys before playing anygame. The fact that I cannot do this, is making me consider refunding this game. Which honestly is ridiculous. What a shame that this is such a big fail, and no walk mode is also a massive oversight. I will just go back to Valhalla in the meantime which is fully customisable and has walk. Joke.

I use arrows and nearby keys as a lefty!
I've managed to set it up by changing inputUserMapping.xml file.
Just write down all the keys you want to change and change them in whole xml file.
First change in game settings what can be changed and rest of it manually in xml file.
It took me a while to find and change every key line but it's working.
Just make sure you wrote proper key command being careful about small or big letters aswell full key naming.
For example if you want to use Del key you need to write it as "IK_Delete" or for Enter "IK_Enter", arrows "IK_Up/Down/Right/Left or for ctrl "IK_Control".
I did it in whole xml file and it's working.

This sure is bad move from devs and still being quiet, will think twice before buying from this studio again.
Also game is way overhyped, graphics on 2k ultra aren't any better than rdr2 or some other new game, map isn't such revolutionary and the story is ok but nothing special.
Beside keybiding fuckup game is ok but not worth all this hassle.
Is quite obvious and it feels it's a console game ported to pc!
Maybe revolutionary for consoles but for pc it's average Joe!

do you know what the actual ingame code is for mousewheel button press?

Not sure if this is correct <mapping name="MouseWheel" type="Relative" preset="relative" > , I've changed it but it has not changed the keybind ingame

Yeah, so much so I was forced to plug in one of my old controllers in order get a decent playthrough. Not to play advocate, but it is feasible. By no means am I saying go out and spend more money to get a controller to play however it's a solution. Perhaps one that can be temporally adopted until they provide a fix. Overall, whether it was intentional, which I doubt, or a major oversight which is more likely the case, it doesn't excuse them for not addressing the concerns of paying customers particularly the ones who can not play due to disabilities. Claims that CDPR is the last player friendly company has been brought to the test. Are the 7plus years of reveals, advertisements, and talks etc all for show? Want to earn back trust? Accommodate the consumer and fix the problem. No Blah blah blah pseudo corpo talk. No rhetoric, no bullshit! Just stand up, come clean, and fix it!

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the IK_ Constants.
I am trying to hack the file for NumPad Home/PgDn/End/PgUp?

I did manage to hack up/down/left/right arrow keys.

Also does anyone know why autohotkey doesn't work, this is the only game in my entire list for which autohotkey doesn't work to remap keys.

basically unplayable.

First time in many years I have found a new game that catches my interests, and bought. Only to find out that I can not have the option to change movement key bindings From awsd to arrows keys, and other bindings are locked as well. This is not cool. If not corrected soon, I will request for a refund, and uninstall the game. I do not like being forced to play any game a strution way. I will wait until the next patch is released to see if the developers give players the option for full key binding customization, if not I will be requesting a refund.

Top Bottom