Key Remapping

+
Hey guys
Is there any chance you can remap fucking F????? I replaced every F in the config XML with an Enter.
But I still have to talk to regular NPCs with F, pick up stuff with F, open doors with F. I play on arrow keys.
WHY would they not leave the mapping to us entirely? Such an easy thing, such a big fuck up....

This is such a screw up to not allow custom keybinds...it's like the game is made for console and just ported over to PC, no care about the controls, there's enough console garbage still in the settings that's for sure.

What exact edits would I need to make in the xml files to enable cursor key movement? If it's even possible that is.

Also, I can only echo what others have said...the breathtaking stupidity of not allowing cursor key movement on a pc game is utterly incomprehensible, wtf were they even thinking? There were ZX spectrum games in 1982 that let you define your own keys, was this thing made by aliens ffs!

For Keybinding lock key and missed key: (You can use VSC https://code.visualstudio.com)
inputUserMappings.xml
(in Install directory \Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config)
And for exemple replace all IK_F to whaterver you like, exemple: IK_NumPad0, to remap the primary action key.
Try not to remap F Fonction (F1 F2 F3)...

Use CTRL+F to find them all IK_ you want to edit.

You could also edit all IK_C, for closing info and jump dialogue.
And why not change all IK_Escape by IK_RightMouse, to go back menu with your mouse. ; )
Don't change mapping name="OpenPauseMenu_Button" with in use mouse bouton though...

About the Dodging:
Edit in inputContexts.xml
the lines: DodgeForward DodgeBack DodgeRight and DodgeLeft

- To disable it, change count from 2 by 99.
Instead now, you can double tap the crouch key to dodge when moving.

- Or you can edit from 2 for 1 then also edit inputUserMappings.xml and replace in section Dodge_Botton and rename one IK_ by what key you desire. Exemple IK_LControl to IK_RControl or else.

To force keys binding, edit file:
UserSettings.json
(in X:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077)
Exemple to allow arrow key:
In "group_name": "/key_bindings/SettingsLocomotion"
Change one or both "value": "IK_W and "default_value": "IK_W" by something else like: IK_Up.
(default_value is the reseted key.)

Melee is "name": "weapon4"

Here several IK Key:
IK_Up
IK_Down
IK_Right
IK_Left
IK_PageUp
IK_PageDown
IK_LeftMouse
IK_MiddleMouse
IK_RightMouse
IK_RControl
IK_RShift
IK_Semicolon
IK_End
IK_Delete
IK_Backspace
IK_Backslash
IK_Equals
IK_Enter
IK_NumPeriod
IK_NumPlus
IK_NumMinus
IK_NumPad0

Use "Read only" on the file to lock your work.
Hope it will help.

[Off topic but useful]
To disable AA: (v1.04)
Go to Install directory Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64, and edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with Hexa software like https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD20
Using CTRL+G, search 235B6 and change it from 01 to 00 then 235F5 and change it from 01 to 00

For older game version:
Using CTRL+G, search 23566 and change it from 01 to 00 then 235A5 and change it from 01 to 00

You can now use FXAA in the Nvidia panel to your convinience.

To edit FoV:
There are two options.json so go to the right one:
(in Install directory \Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\platform\pc)
CTRL+F to find FieldOfView then edit "max_value" to 140 or else. (don't touch anything else or the game wont launch)

Have fun.
how about IK_comma please

I have no idea why they did this. It's utterly incompetent. They're basically saying F handicap people and anyone with accessibility issues as well as F left handed people.

Really really weird and I kinda wonder if they can be sued under ADA laws for discrimination against the disabled. I mean Netflix was sued for millions for not putting in just subtitles. To put in something that actually hinders the disabled seems odd in that climate of risk.

Who is running the show? This hasn't happened since EA's games back in like early 2000s and they fixed that real quick after the outcry. Anyone handicapped that bought this game is legit confused by this antiquated set up.

What a disappointment, please fix this immediately!!! Who would have ever thought not every person uses WSAD configuration to play. As advanced as this game is in technology, your telling me I can't bind whatever keys I want?? It's 2021 WTF?? This is a deal breaker. I refuse to scrap my keyboard control config that I use for ALL games for the past 25 years to a new learning curve. REALLY GUYS??? I have no reason to open this game until this is addressed. Total Let Down...

Same same... As a quadriplegic gamer, I too am very disappointed & pissed that this game is pretty much unplayable due to its totally unnecessary key mapping failings & also it's locking out of external devices & programs that help disabled gamers play.

I have been using an X-keys 8-stick rack that I modified into a chin controller for nigh on a decade now with little to no problem on most games big & small. I can sometimes play without, as I have learned to the hard way (a Stick shoved into a splint on each hand), as I have good arm movement but no hand function. But it's difficult & frustrating & sometimes impossible without the assistance of augmentation, especially in the latter stages as games progressively get harder.

Since my X-keys chin controller augmentation, my gaming has become 1000 fold better & far less frustrating & therefore so much more fun. It has allowed me to play games much more freely, even play multiplayer games where I just couldn't before.

These failings on behalf of the developers should be fixed as soon as possible or I too will add myself to the ranks requesting a refund.

For a game that's very storyline revolves around the premise of virtual people augmenting themselves to better play, compete & survive in the world not allowing the actual players to do the same (even when a total necessity) is a real & cruel kick in the teeth... The irony here is agonising.

Right, after playing on TGFH since 2006 and mapping action on "D" WASD-F just doesn't feels right. Playable yes, but not comfortable at all.

I am sure I am not alone dealing with the inability to remap the keyboard. I am left handed and it is frustrating beyond belief that I cannot re-bind the number pad/arrow keys for player movement. When is there going to be a fix for this issue?

Last edited:
I'm right-handed and I always map movement to QAZS, to let my hand rest naturally beside the keyboard and then I map every single other action accordingly. I've done this for every game I played on PC, I'm freaking shocked why is this is even a problem to begin with, in a AAA game with a shit ton of publicity and Advertisement behind it.
This is not about what the developer thinks is best, is about the personal preference of every player and MUST be respected.

Last edited:
Let me start off this post by saying not only am I a left-handed player that has a specific remap scheme I use for every game, but I also have medical issues which make reflex and coordinated actions harder as well.
The first part of this post will be the "why" as far as I can tell (not defending just explaining), and the short answer is: THEY'RE LAZY. Rather than presenting us with fully customizable bindings, they instead "reserved" several keys to fill multiple roles including: The Character's UI, Screen Camera controls, mini-game controls, vehicle controls, and game menu controls.
The second part of this post is the how to fix it... sort of (for PC Users anyway). I've seen a lot of forum posts, including earlier in this thread as well as internet "tip sites" claim to show you how to fix your keybindings to the way you want them, but so far I found them all to be at best incomplete or at worst incorrect (example "IK=F" is NOT the keybinding value for the F key as was stated in one online article, it is "IK_F" ). So I am going to TRY to post a more fleshed out composite of what I found here. Credit where credit is due, as previous posters in this thread have mentioned MOST Key binding problems can be solved by using a text editor (Notepad++ is a favorite of mine) on the UserSettings.json file and then setting it to Read-Only in the file properties (right-click the file) so that the game doesn't undo your work. However this also means you will have to uncheck Read-Only to undo or make new changes. Now for those of you who may think this seems scarey or that you need programer skills, you don't, you only need to find what you want to change and know what to change it to.

For the UserSettings.json file (which contains all the settings that the game lets you change from the Options Menu) you need to navigate to it, which can be found by default at C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
(If you're mouse clicking your way through, every \ is a sub-folder change)
You will NEED to check "View hidden files and folders" in your Windows Explorer settings in order to see the AppData folder and all of it's sub-folders and files

You'll be looking for 2 areas:
1) "group_name": "/key_bindings/SettingsVehicle",
2) "group_name": "/key_bindings/SettingsLocomotion",

from here changing Jump from Space Bar to the 10-key pad zero is as easy as replacing "IK_Space" with "IK_NumPad0" the only thing you NEED to be careful of is that Spelling and Upper/Lowercase letters must be exact so NUUMPAD0 will not work! If you do mess up on these minor details, don't worry, the game just won't recognize whatever key you tried to put in and so it won't show up on the UI, you'll need to come back to the .jason file and fix your mistake. Also don't forget to save your changes in whatever editor you are using (and as always making a backup copy of the original is never a bad idea).

User Dugom's post earlier in this thread has a good list of the key value spellings as well as some of the next part of my post.
EDIT as was brought to my attention Winneh2, Kaczor1818, sanselis, SirAndyV, casedistorted, Azzilol, and mekilgore also had portions of this information on this thread including some screenshots and Mouse4 Mouse5 spellings for those with more than 3 button moueses

For reserved keys like the F and Up / Down Arrow keys, as previously stated they serve multiple roles, so doing a "Replace All" is not your best option unless you REALLY feel the need to replace camera functions and mini-game keys as well. For these keys you will need to navigate to the Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config folder and edit the inputUserMappings.xml file, again with your preferred text editor
for GoG basic C:\GOG\ (or your preferred harddrive letter where you installed it)
for GoG Galaxy C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\
for Epic C:\Program Files\Epic Games\
for Steam C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\

Although you can put the Up/Down Arrows in from editing the .json file, if you don't want to be constantly moving back and forth during Dialogue choices (as I found out the hard way) you need to change

<mapping name="UI_DialogFocus" type="Button">
<button id="IK_Pad_DigitDown" />
<button id="IK_Pad_DigitUp" />
<button id="IK_Down" />
<button id="IK_Up" />
and
<mapping name="Dialog_Choice_Up" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_Up" />
<button id="IK_Q" />
</mapping>

<mapping name="Dialog_Choice_Down" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_Down" />
<button id="IK_E" />
and finally
<mapping name="UI_MoveUp" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_Q" overridableUI="selectUp"/>
<button id="IK_MouseWheelUp" />
<button id="IK_Home" overridableUI="selectUpSecondary"/>
(apparently these 2 are the master-switches for Up / Down in the UI)
<mapping name="UI_MoveDown" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_E" overridableUI="selectDown"/>
<button id="IK_MouseWheelDown" />
<button id="IK_End" overridableUI="selectDownSecondary"/>

with the Up and Down Keys of your choice (which is another reason why I love Notepad++ for doing this because it will try to autocomplete the IK_ substitution for you, thereby letting you know if a key is already being used somewhere else in the settings document).

Unfortunately since F as a conformation button fills many more roles, the substitution list is longer but here are all of the values that are NOT camera control, mini-game, debug, etc. conformation choices

<mapping name="Choice1" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_F" overridableUI="choice1"/>
<button id="IK_Pad_X_SQUARE" />

<mapping name="DialogConfirm" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_F" />
<button id="IK_Enter" />

<mapping name="Apply_Button" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
<button id="IK_F" overridableUI="selectChoice"/>
<button id="IK_Enter" />

<mapping name="device_click" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
<button id="IK_LeftMouse"/>
<button id="IK_Pad_X_SQUARE"/>
<button id="IK_F" />

<mapping name="vendor_checkout" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
<button id="IK_Pad_Y_TRIANGLE"/>
<button id="IK_F"/>

<mapping name="proceed_popup" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
<button id="IK_Pad_A_CROSS"/>
<button id="IK_F"/>
<button id="IK_Enter"/>

<mapping name="click_popup" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
<button id="IK_Enter"/>
<button id="IK_F" />
<mapping name="menu_click" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
<button id="IK_Enter"/>
<button id="IK_F"/>

<mapping name="use_item" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
<button id="IK_F"/>

<mapping name="upgrade_attribute" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
<button id="IK_Pad_X_SQUARE"/>
<button id="IK_F"/>

<mapping name="track_quest" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
<button id="IK_Pad_Y_TRIANGLE"/>
<button id="IK_F"/>

<mapping name="OpenQuickHackPanel_Button" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_Pad_RightShoulder" />
<button id="IK_F" />

<mapping name="ApplyAndCloseQHackWidget" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_F" overridableUI="selectChoice"/>

<mapping name="ApplyQHack" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_F" />
<button id="IK_Pad_A_CROSS" />

<mapping name="Takedown_Button" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_NumPad5" />

<mapping name="ExitVehicle_Button" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_NumPad5" overridableUI="exitVehicle"/>
<button id="IK_Pad_B_CIRCLE" />

Obviously you can repeat these processes with any other "reserved" keys that your personal bindings setup needs, just be SURE to NOT choose a key that is already in use somewhere else without replacing it as well. I hope this helps and if any previous posters feel that I did not give them proper credit, please let me know so that I can do so.

Last edited:
i play with the arrows , but i cant put arrow up and down in my bindings , i try to change it in my config but its still not working ?

is it possible to send me a new inputUserMappings with the key change pls ?

I do not care if there are already tons of other threads on the same topic. I frickin' love the damn game, but now it is getting more hard and it begins to be unplayable for me. I need to be able to REBIND all the damn keys. I always play with the arrow keys like every other lefthanded person on this planet. (Well but i am not left handed but that is a long story)

Dear CDPR you have to change this and quickly. I and a lot of others can not fully enjoy your game because of that issue.

i play with the arrows , but i cant put arrow up and down in my bindings , i try to change it in my config but its still not working ?

is it possible to send me a new inputUserMappings with the key change pls ?
jfkwarpy you ADD the arrow keys through the UserSettings.json

"group_name": "/key_bindings/SettingsLocomotion",
"options": [
{
"name": "forward",
"type": "name",
"value": "IK_Up",
"default_value": "IK_Up"
},
{
"name": "back",
"value": "IK_Down",
"default_value": "IK_Down"
},
{
"name": "left",
"value": "IK_Left",
"default_value": "IK_Left"
},
{
"name": "right",
"value": "IK_Right",
"default_value": "IK_Right"
},

you only need to adjust the inputUserMappings.xml with new keys for dialogue so that you are not moving forwards and backwards when you are talking to people all the time. Also after saving make sure to check Read-Only in the .json file's Properties to make sure the game can't change it back

<mapping name="UI_DialogFocus" type="Button"> (I chose HOME and END to replace the Up and Down Dialogue keys, otherwise I got dizzy)
<button id="IK_End" />
<button id="IK_Home" />
and
<mapping name="Dialog_Choice_Up" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_Home" />
<button id="IK_Q" />
</mapping>

<mapping name="Dialog_Choice_Down" type="Button" >
<button id="IK_End" />
<button id="IK_E" />

Does that answer your problem?

Last edited:
As I posted above User.json is in App Data (although I guess I forgot to add that you need to check View Hidden Files in your explorer options in order to see it because Windows thinks it needs to hide important files from us I will edit the original post)

by default C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\CD Project Red\Cyberpunk 2077\

here are MY files with Arrows to Move,
HOME and END for dialogue choices
NumPad0 for Jump
NumPad4 for first Weap
NumPad1 for Sec Weap
NumPad3 for Third Weap
NumPad+ for Reload
NumPad- for use quick item
NumPad5 for most uses of F
NumPad. for Holding crouch

and a few other things I can't remember off hand

I Added them to a zip file (facepalm should have realized that was an option from the file type list)

Attachments

• CP2077KeyFiles.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Pretty bizarre to find something as simple as remapping keys broken.

• There are many keys that you cannot remap like Q, E, F, and J (Select Prev, Next, Interact & Journal).
  • Even manually editing the .json file to remap keys doesn't override these "special" ones.
This isn't a bug. This seems more like just poor discipline or design...

Please fix this. Poor controls ruin the experience.

Top Bottom