[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
It would be cool to see all of the characters around Novigrad, Velen or Skellige. You can randomly encounter Eskel and Lambert taking on Witcher contracts and you just run into them. As for Ciri, it depends on the ending, if she becomes a Witcher, you will randomly encounter her in different areas. If she becomes Empress, you can visit her in Nilfgaard, and maybe have Yen there as her advisor. As for Triss, she goes to Kovir, so not sure.

All of this probably won't happen, but would be cool.

Here are the solutions for Yenn/Triss/Ciri and the others with different endings:

1) A post main-story content with some dialogs, interactions and a few quests with main characters like: hunt, romance, drinking and talking with them even with a few dialogs, just to have the chance to talk to them. So basicly having them back in locations and mods @Witcher_Erune suggested that you can read in the post above with some interactions.

2) An ending quests that we can activate when we want, this will give us the chance not only to interact with them and do some stuff together but also Will Let us play secondary quests, contracts and exploring the world knowing that we are not alone like a dog, but we have our friends and beloved ones that we can visit when we feel lonely on just want to talk or see to them.

Also this option of the ending quests the we activate only if we want will also give us the chance to create our quests with main characters or using content created by other players. I know many don't like the idea of quests created by the others but IT will still be chance to install them or not, and this could make the game pretty much last for long time ( but this of mods is just a personal opinion).

3) After we activated this quests when we want, it will end the game, give us ending credits and finaly will let us start in a NG+.

Originally Posted by Witcher_Erune
Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Thaler:
At the Seven Cats playing Gwent.

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Hjalmar: Standing next to Cerys. Make it look like he's trying to advise her.

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Cerys: Standing next to Hjalmar. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.
Birna: Standing next to Svanrige. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

(Basically same location/dialogue/animation. Change only the position of the characters, depending on who became the ruler.)

Oh and it is Nice how you and the other 2-3 person who came here to say why this should not be done, all said the same things: In the time it would take to make this they could fix all the bigs in the game, fix gameplay, balance, fix performance, and complete all dialogues and story problems. All of you say the same things.
Maybe it's because there are some people who usually consider conditions and budget/time restrictions that developers have, before starting to demand for everything to be catered to their liking. And consider that these are people, who obviously love their work and put a ton of effort into it, even if it has flaws...you will find those in even the greatest of Michelangelo's sculptures.
And I'm one hundred percent certain that if they did decide to listen to this and actually end up adding significant amount of post game content, this entire forum would be swarmed with god know how many negative threads...WE WANT MORE!
But I don't think after reading a comment above about what whitefang posted, that short different, scenes of Geralt saying goodbye to his loved ones, before heading on the road again, would be a bad idea, for those who want to continue playing.
Honestly I think CDPR should consider making a poll of whether players would be willing to buy a third large DLC/Expansion that would fill in the "gaps" in overall story and resolution of some quests...some might complain "We should have gotten this from the start!", but large majority would probably be more understanding considering the scope(and quality) of the game.

Maybe it's because there are some people who usually consider conditions and budget/time restrictions that developers have, before starting to demand for everything to be catered to their liking. And consider that these are people, who obviously love their work and put a ton of effort into it, even if it has flaws...you will find those in even the greatest of Michelangelo's sculptures.
And I'm one hundred percent certain that if they did decide to listen to this and actually end up adding significant amount of post game content, this entire forum would be swarmed with god know how many negative threads...WE WANT MORE!
But I don't think after reading a comment above about what whitefang posted, that short different, scenes of Geralt saying goodbye to his loved ones, before heading on the road again, would be a bad idea, for those who want to continue playing.
Honestly I think CDPR should consider making a poll of whether players would be willing to buy a third large DLC/Expansion that would fill in the "gaps" in overall story and resolution of some quests...some might complain "We should have gotten this from the start!", but large majority would probably be more understanding considering the scope(and quality) of the game.

of course we should have gotten this from the start, but, if there is a new/third expansion to correct this flaws, this emptyness after ending, i'll gladly buy it, i'm sure a lot of people will
:geraltfeelgood:

Oh and it is Nice how you and the other 2-3 person who came here to say why this should not be done, all said the same things: In the time it would take to make this they could fix all the bigs in the game, fix gameplay, balance, fix performance, and complete all dialogues and story problems. All of you say the same things.

I agree, there is no point attacking other people's suggestions for new content that is optional, or changes that do not make existing content worse, even for the reason of thinking there are more important things to fix. This attitude is more likely to result in fighting (like it happened here, for example) than a constructive discussion. For those who think they have a more important suggestion, the better approach is to create their own thread with it, or to contribute to an existing one if already available. The developers can decide what needs fixing or improving the most in their game anyway, and probably read the suggestions mainly for general ideas and to see what issues the community cares about, and the majority of them will not actually be implemented.

Ok so I decided to do some exploring and from what I've seen these characters are still there post game.

Keira Metz - Kaer Morhen Outskirts
Vernon Roche - Temerian Partisan Hideout
Dandelion - Chamelion/Rosemary
Zoltan Chivay - Chamelion/Rosemary
Priscilla - Novigrad Hospital
Cerys - Kaer Trolde
Johnny - Bald Mountain

Although dialogue is extrremely limited its better than everyone being extinct.

But still this is nowhere near enough.

We need the Big 2 and the Immersion Restorer to return.

Big 2 being Yen and Triss

And.....

Immersion Restorer being Ciri.

Anyone else felt sad and empty ater you finished the game?

This is the only Witcher game i played and I had a very strong attachment to Yen Triss, and Ciri. When i completed the story(had happy ending where ciri became a witcher) i felt so sad and alone after the touching final cutscene with ciri when the game put you back at Kaer Morhen. I was all alone in that big castle and non of the characters were to be found anywhere. Less than 10 second after finishing the game i already miss these characters. Why did the developers made these characters disappear after story mode is complete? I dont see why Yen or Triss had to disappear, even though i didnt even end up with Yen or Triss i felt it was right thing to do. I couldnt bear to hurt one by choosing between them as both are deeply in love with Geralt and so is Geralt with them. Also it would of been cool if i can bump into ciri out in the world.

Any idea if the expansion will include these characters?

in the hope that one of the developers will read it, and keeping the thread alive, I post my previously added suggestions

Since W3 is the last part of the legend, I have some general suggestions to how to rejoice the game even in post-end.
-Bring back all main characters to the world! (Dandelions Tavern or maybe Kaer Morhen) (I would be happy with something in ME3:Citadel style)
-Have some romance options with Yen/Triss
-Play gwent (Zoltan, Roche or Dandelion), drink (as it was shown on the 10th april trailer) with Eskel or Lambert, ride horses.
-Take witcher contracts with Ciri following you and telling some stories (stories can be repeated)
-Random quest generator (no need for voice acting) (kill 10 wolves, deliver 10 plants etc.)
-Random gwent tournaments
-Random horse racing
-Meeting witchers on the trail
-Listen to singing Priscilla at Dandelions Tavern
-Post-end dialogues and reflections in a DLC
-More 35+ level quests and monsters

I'll never understand these suggestions around random quest/similar generator?
Take those Skellige smuggler caches...the game would be far better off if instead we had five connected treasure hunts, sort of a "Goonies" search for legendary relics, with player relying on environmental awareness( like adding scenes similar to Bilbo finding keyhole in the mountain in "Hobbit) and learning something about Skellige history as well. Even, one single, unique quest like that is worth more than a hundred of go to location X to fetch Y, "inspired" by Ubisoft game design.

Still no news from devs?

I could be completely wrong but from what I've seen and heard, 1.09 is gonna be a big patch and at PAX Prime devs said Gwent fans will be very happy of what's coming soon. My hope is everyone returns and the big Gwent news is a tournament where Ciri and Geralt enter and you can control both of them for the tournament.

Anyone else felt sad and empty ater you finished the game?

This is the only Witcher game i played and I had a very strong attachment to Yen Triss, and Ciri. When i completed the story(had happy ending where ciri became a witcher) i felt so sad and alone after the touching final cutscene with ciri when the game put you back at Kaer Morhen. I was all alone in that big castle and non of the characters were to be found anywhere. Less than 10 second after finishing the game i already miss these characters. Why did the developers made these characters disappear after story mode is complete? I dont see why Yen or Triss had to disappear, even though i didnt even end up with Yen or Triss i felt it was right thing to do. I couldnt bear to hurt one by choosing between them as both are deeply in love with Geralt and so is Geralt with them. Also it would of been cool if i can bump into ciri out in the world.

Any idea if the expansion will include these characters?
We understand you bro :), almost everyone here feels the same things, it is sad and empty to not have the characters we love after the main-story. For the entire game we got attached to them and then puff they are gone, this is just ehmm don't even know how to call it :).

Ehmm i'll requete myself and Witcher.
1) A post main-story content with some dialogs, interactions and a few quests with main characters like: hunt, romance, drinking and talking with them even with a few dialogs, just to have the chance to talk to them. So basicly having them back in locations and mods @Witcher_Erune suggested that you can read in the post above with some interactions.

2) An ending quests that we can activate when we want, this will give us the chance not only to interact with them and do some stuff together but also Will Let us play secondary quests, contracts and exploring the world knowing that we are not alone like a dog, but we have our friends and beloved ones that we can visit when we feel lonely on just want to talk or see to them.

Also this option of the ending quests the we activate only if we want will also give us the chance to create our quests with main characters or using content created by other players. I know many don't like the idea of quests created by the others but IT will still be chance to install them or not, and this could make the game pretty much last for long time ( but this of mods is just a personal opinion).

3) After we activated this quests when we want, it will end the game, give us ending credits and finaly will let us start in a NG+.

Quote Originally Posted by Witcher_Erune View Post
Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.

(Basically same location/dialogue/animation. Change only the position of the characters, depending on who became the ruler.)

Pretty much agree with everyone saying how sad and empty it was at the end. After all the buildup and emotion of saying goodbye to Ciri then winding up in Kaer Morhen with not a single companion soul in sight, I had to fight back the man tears and overwhelming feeling that I was the only one left.

Considering the massive size of the game and amount of well written NPC interactions, depth of the side quests and other amazing content, CDPR probably didn't have the time and resources to create such endgame content. Most other studios would have nowhere near delivered the amount of content CDPR did, set a strict 2 year deadline for such a title to be released, and charged up to wazoo for future content that CDPR gave out for free.

One area that is a shame which I would have like to seen alot more of is greater dialogue interaction with the game's major characters. Members of the Witcher School, Ciri, Lodge Members, your old companions Zoltan, Dandelion, and so on and so on. They're built up as people that are family to you or people who are very important part to the story, yet all we get are like 2-3 dialogue interactions for each.

Hmmm so 3 months passed and there is no reaction from devs=(its very pitty.I mean that the last post in this thread was 330+ -(as far i remember)
Yes new game+ its one of options(but i thinck its usless,but ok let it be) but anyways this is not what we are asking.yes i agree that making it done takes a lot of time but anyways i thinck it will be nice to hear answer from devs about all of this.Shall we wait for this or not.Anyway having any answer its already a start.

Hmmm so 3 months passed and there is no reaction from devs=(its very pitty.I mean that the last post in this thread was 330+ -(as far i remember)
Yes new game+ its one of options(but i thinck its usless,but ok let it be) but anyways this is not what we are asking.yes i agree that making it done takes a lot of time but anyways i thinck it will be nice to hear answer from devs about all of this.Shall we wait for this or not.Anyway having any answer its already a start.

Yep agree with you, NG+ is usless in TW3 (personal opinion) i've said why in may posts so not gonna write it again but yeah, it usless :).
Now for some news from devs, well with 1.9 they will add more romance dialogs so i hope that now they will adress they attention to our problem, come one guys this is CD Projekt RED.
We know it is not easy what we are asking, but at the same time it is not impossible because all animations like romance, Yenn/Triss doing stuff in Kaer Morhen or some other place like messing with the telescope, some dialogs, gwent and many other things are allready in the game during the story. Yes there are other thing to be done but still this is @cdprojekt RED and i personaly trust them.

I saw the new Dragon Age DLC/expansion will take place after the main-story end, so it would be nice to have to have something like that but with things we are asking implemented. So yeah let just give devs time.

And as allways i'll rewrite all the stuff :)

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

Last edited:
The adding of new dialogues is giving me a glimmer of hope that they are placing the main characters back in the world post game.

Look on the first page, the thread author said that CDPR WILL be doing something about it during the upcoming expansions and patches that will make us happier, us as in us exclusive to the thread.

NEW UPDATE ADDING MORE ROMANCE AND NEW DIALOGUE!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new.../1100-6430324/

Looks like they listen
That's great but one immensely important element is missing...

Ciri

We need the option to do contracts, gwent and horse races with her.

Well not really, because the dialogs will be during the main-story when we choose Yenn or Triss. So still nothing for us, yes devs listen to fans but this was an old story, all started from a populat thread from people that wanted more romance dialogs with Triss.

I mean it is still nice to see that devs listen to fans, this make me HOPE that @cdprojekt RED will listen to us and will make something for our problem.

Plus i'm so sad i wont be able to play the october expansion and see the new dialogs, because every time i try to play TW3 i fell sand and empty ç_ç

Look on the first page, the thread author said that CDPR WILL be doing something about it during the upcoming expansions and patches that will make us happier, us as in us exclusive to the thread.

If you mean the quote from the update in the OP on 22nd July, that is a response to another issue. As far as I can see, the developer response to this thread is that it has been added to the feedback, but nothing definite was promised, as they see it as something that would require a fair amount of work. But the issue is probably being looked at, it is just not known what (if anything) will be done about it.

Top Bottom