Mod editor

+
It might as well be that it's an idiotic question and I'm the only one who's not in on it ,but is there a way to track the version of the editor? Or is it just download and check if it's changed?

There is no version check no. Trial and error!

Just wondering if editing dialogues using the flow diagram works yet (0.14)? I'm trying to work on a merchant and can't seem to figure out how to add anything... :/

But no doubt he thinks he can just create blocks in the flow diagram, but that doesn't work because I haven't made that.

yes, you have to create Chunks / Blocks first, then you can use the flow diagram to connect them, you don't have to though, can also be done trough the properties viewer. Flow diagram is just more convenient I guess.

For now I just want to replicate existing dialog options. To be more specific, I want the dialog option with Yoana (master armorer) that triggers her making you the reward armor to (sort of) always be available.

I can't seem to re-import some of swf files properly. Namely panel_inventory.redswf. My experiments always result in broken inventory. I tried exporting and reimporting the same (unchanged) swf resource and got the same result - inventory was broken. I've also experimented with panel_journal_quests.redsfw and re-importing works fine for this one.

@Sarcen
Hi! I've got some strange results while w2mg editing, don't know if it is a bug... I guess it is.
When I tried to rename texture inside for example CMaterialParameterTexture from quen_shield_01.xbm to quen_shield_91.xbm instead of new block of data I got old + new records

So it worked only when I renamed this extra filename record with hex editor. Texture renaming inside w2mi / w2mesh files causes the same

Attachments

• res.png
    res.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
@Sarcen
Hi! I've got some strange results while w2mg editing, don't know if it is a bug... I guess it is.
When I tried to rename texture inside for example CMaterialParameterTexture from quen_shield_01.xbm to quen_shield_91.xbm instead of new block of data I got old + new records

So it worked only when I renamed this extra filename record with hex editor. Texture renaming inside w2mi / w2mesh files causes the same

This is normal behaviour, there is a string table and I don't remove any elements from it. I could clear it if there are no unknown variables in the file but I don
't yet and if there are unknown variables it would be unsafe to delete it in case the unknown variables reference that string. So if you change something like that a new entry is just added. This change should have the exact same effect as hex editing, unless ofcourse it is being references in unknown variables. (File handles and strings work the same, sort of.)

@Sarcen
Will adding new meshes to entity file be ever possible? Unfortunately, while editing .w2ent file and trying to add new chunk, there's no "CMeshComponent" on the list. That feature would be veeeery helpful :D

@Sarcen
I second that, adding new meshes is extremely necessary. Please make it. :)

this already works?

Done it multiple times now in hair DLC and some DLC for @CAPA14 etc.

there is no CMeshComponent in the list, you just type: CMeshComponent, press Enter and you have your Chunk, this is just in general how the "chunks" are added. they're not listed.

this already works?

Done it multiple times now in hair DLC and some DLC for @CAPA14 etc.

there is no CMeshComponent in the list, you just type: CMeshComponent, press Enter and you have your Chunk, this is just in general how the "chunks" are added. they're not listed.

Really? that doesnt break the game? afaik there are unknown bytes in CMeshComponent, so I can't imagine that would work well.

Really? that doesnt break the game? afaik there are unknown bytes in CMeshComponent, so I can't imagine that would work well.

Yes! But that is a complete different story! :p

I rather just copy an existing .w2ent and modifiy it with given chunks that it already has and add it as new entity through DLC.

Also gotta make sure you always edit the flatCompiledData "chunks" of the .w2ent you work with.

Last edited:
Is it possible to add entire folders? I want to add the entire environment definitions folders instead of having to go into each folder and add the files. If it's not currently possible, can this be added? Would be really helpful.

Top Bottom