Modkit Update changelog

+
Modkit Update changelog

The long-awaited update to the modkit is right around the corner - it's time to reveal the list of changes and fixes it's bringing along.

• Fixed a bug causing wcc_lite to fail when uncooking the game.
  • Added the abilty to mod textures from the textures array.
  • Added a warning information when wcc_lite failed due too long file path.
  • Claned up wcc_lite output log.
  • Fixed a bug when some normal maps and speculars were imported incorectlly. Now imported textures which name ends with "_n" and "_s" will be assigned to proper categories.
  • It is now possible to add new textures using mods.
  • Serval fixes and minor improvements to Script Studio.

The long-awaited update to the modkit is right around the corner - it's time to reveal the list of changes and fixes it's bringing along.

• Fixed a bug when some normal maps and speculars were imported incorectlly. Now imported textures which name ends with "_n" and "_s" will be assigned to proper categories.
Thank uou very much sir ^^
may the force be with you.

Wow! Thank you! It was very annoying to convert spec and normal maps using hex editor.

"add new textures using mods" - Do you mean we will be able to add new meshes and textures without replacing others?

Wow! Thank you! It was very annoying to convert spec and normal maps using hex editor.

"add new textures using mods" - Do you mean we will be able to add new meshes and textures without replacing others?

^THIS ! i totally forgot to ask about it :eek:
also, @Marcin Momot , will we get more documents detailling even more functions, scripts, and details regarding the REDengine3 / MODkit ?
we really REALLY need them :eek:

Thanks in advance Sir :D

Doubt this will happen. Sorry.

W3 is the first game I realy modded...I dont know if in other games extracting and reimporting files which I wanna edit need such code-.-
(and this code includes SO MUCH potential of making writing mistakes and I also dont Know why wcc_lite is SO
SLOW(I recently wanted to edit 50 files...took about 3 hours just unpacking and repacking them))

I am casual modder and following code is kinda mindfu to me

wcc_lite uncook -indir=<game_path>\content -outdir=<dirpath>\Uncooked
-imgfmt=png -dumpswf
wcc_lite export -depot= <dirpath> \Uncooked\ -file=<filepath>
-out=<filepath>
call wcc_lite import -depot=<dirpath>\Uncooked\ -file=<filepath>
-out=<filepath>
wcc_lite cook -platform=pc -mod=<dirpath>\Uncooked\
-basedir=<dirpath>\Uncooked\ -outdir=<dirpath>\Cooked\
wcc_lite buildcache textures -basedir=<dirpath>\Uncooked\ -platform=pc
-db=<dirpath>\Cooked\cook.db -out=<dirpath>\Packed\modXXX\content
\texture.cache
wcc_lite pack -dir= <dirpath> \Cooked\
-outdir= <dirpath> \Packed\modXXX\content\
wcc_lite metadatastore -path= <dirpath> \Packed\modXXX\content\

Any chance we could get an update that lets us add .redfur files? (Hairworks SDK is available publicly on Nvidia's site - and I'd love to give ciri/yen/triss hairworks, if not everyone)

W3 is the first game I realy modded...I dont know if in other games extracting and reimporting files which I wanna edit need such code-.-
(and this code includes SO MUCH potential of making writing mistakes and I also dont Know why wcc_lite is SO
SLOW(I recently wanted to edit 50 files...took about 3 hours just unpacking and repacking them))

I am casual modder and following code is kinda mindfu to me

wcc_lite uncook -indir=<game_path>\content -outdir=<dirpath>\Uncooked
-imgfmt=png -dumpswf
wcc_lite export -depot= <dirpath> \Uncooked\ -file=<filepath>
-out=<filepath>
call wcc_lite import -depot=<dirpath>\Uncooked\ -file=<filepath>
-out=<filepath>
wcc_lite cook -platform=pc -mod=<dirpath>\Uncooked\
-basedir=<dirpath>\Uncooked\ -outdir=<dirpath>\Cooked\
wcc_lite buildcache textures -basedir=<dirpath>\Uncooked\ -platform=pc
-db=<dirpath>\Cooked\cook.db -out=<dirpath>\Packed\modXXX\content
\texture.cache
wcc_lite pack -dir= <dirpath> \Cooked\
-outdir= <dirpath> \Packed\modXXX\content\
wcc_lite metadatastore -path= <dirpath> \Packed\modXXX\content\

Make some batch files? I currently have 5 batch files I use to uncook/pack/create metadata/create texture.cache/cook. If you want a GUI try modkitchen. I don't use it coz it's slower for me than double click "cook and pack.bat" that is doing everything for me.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/389/?

Doubt this will happen. Sorry.
Could you maybe give us an explanation as to why the company made the decision not to give us the full mod support The Witcher 2 had?
Was it because the original redkit had less success than expected or was it not worth using the available resources on this because the modding community for TW3 is relatively small? Or a completely different reason?
I'd love some insight on this.

Either way, thanks for the update!

or was it not worth using the available resources on this because the modding community for TW3 is relatively small? Or a completely different reason?
I'd love some insight on this.
!

If that was the reason, not providing full support will not exactly make the community grow.

Giving proper tools within a reasonable time after the game has been released is the true solution to that problem.

With Witcher 2 they got it half right. The correct tools but far too late.

Guest 2364765

Eh, nothing new.

At least it's stable now, for it's limited use and purpose i guess it's a good thing that it'll do just that reliably now.

Top Bottom